Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on April 17, 2010, 01:49:14 PM
Quote from: randomtask on April 17, 2010, 01:27:09 PM
Quote from: Family guy on April 17, 2010, 12:40:18 PM
Any1 on the supposed fix in the glenavon game???

what is the fix?

£30,000 bet on Betfair -

Betting suspended on all bookie shops and surprise, surprise it's Disitillery are up by 2 goals to nil at half time !!!!!!!!!  :D ;D

Lisburn Distillery are getting all 3 points.

orangeman

Quote from: Family guy on April 17, 2010, 12:40:18 PM
Any1 on the supposed fix in the glenavon game???

The bookies have finally lost patience !  :D

Bookies refuse Irish League bets   

Some bookmakers have refused to take bets on certain games

Bookmakers in mid-Ulster have been on the alert after spotting an irregular pattern developing in some end-of-season Irish League matches.

Local bookmakers have decided to suspend betting on some games after punters placed unusually high bets.

Particularly high betting was placed on the outcome of a recent Distillery verses Glenavon match which the unfancied Distillery won 3-1.

Glenavon chairman Adrian Teer said the club has launched an internal inquiry.

A spokesperson for bookmaker Toals said: "This is the third time in three months that a similar thing has occurred involving Glenavon."

Adrian Eastwood of McLeans, said suspicions were aroused by people who normally did not frequent an office wanting to have a single bet of a few hundred pounds on a football team.

Modest bet

"They don't normally come in ... but they have got some information or they have heard something about the team, you just don't know.

"Most people who have a bet on the football like to pick three or four teams and do a modest bet, an accumulator, and in big feature matches people would have a few hundred quid on a team, Manchester United in the FA Cup (for example), but in an Irish League match, it just doesn't happen unless there is something strange happening.

"When matches are competitive, there won't be a problem. At the end of the season certainly when matches are less competitive, then bookmakers are wary. Usually that is reflected in the prices, the prices wouldn't be just as generous."

The suspension on betting, however, does not necessarily mean any offence has been committed.

Punters are often aware there is less at stake at the end of the season, with teams often blooding young players or have experienced players exhausted or injured.

In April last year, leading bookmaker Paddy Power suspended betting on all late-season Irish League games except those involving Linfield and Glentoran.

Paddy Power said at the time there had been an unusually high number of bets placed on teams which had no chance of winning the league title.

"This isn't necessarily something sinister," said the bookmaker.

"People on the ground might know that a key player is or isn't playing or something as simple as that."

sammymaguire

Bolton, Norwich and Forest for me this avo, pays £340 for my £100 Bolton losing a 2-0 lead against a relegated team  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

armagho9

Was just looking at oddschecker there now.  Stan james has Birmingham at 5-1 to beat Burnley (birmingham at home).  obviously a mistake as everyone else has them at 1-2.  I wonder would they take the bet before cathcing on

ross4life

OK I'm gonna put a bet on Chelsea to win at Anfield on Sunday but i can't decide which scoreline to pick

Paddypower odds

1-0 13/2
2-0 17/2
2-1 7/1
3-0 16/1
3-1 13/1
3-2 20-1
4-0 35/1
4-1 30/1

So which Scoreline would you choose?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 27, 2010, 07:15:32 PM
OK I'm gonna put a bet on Chelsea to win at Anfield on Sunday but i can't decide which scoreline to pick

Paddypower odds

1-0 13/2
2-0 17/2
2-1 7/1
3-0 16/1
3-1 13/1
3-2 20-1
4-0 35/1
4-1 30/1

So which Scoreline would you choose?

3 1 is good for 13/1.

Much you gonna stick on it?

ross4life

25 euro at least i just see there last win in Anfield was 3-1 (champs league) but last win in the league was 4-1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 27, 2010, 07:56:17 PM
25 euro at least i just see there last win in Anfield was 3-1 (champs league) but last win in the league was 4-1

good shout, that will get ya 400 euro.

sammymaguire

I am gonna try a little e/w double on Stevie G / Bobby Z first goalscorer both 5/1

cheers lads, changed my bet to Gerrard and Gera 15/2
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mac hinery

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 29, 2010, 05:55:35 PM
I am gonna try a little e/w double on Stevie G / Bobby Z first goalscorer both 5/1

Is Zamora starting?  I thought he was doubtful. 

Get on Gera instead

Minder

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 29, 2010, 05:55:35 PM

Zamora is described as a "major doubt", Sammy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sammymaguire

Dagenham & Red     1/2       
Coca Cola League 2 Matches
Darlington v Dagenham & Red
2010-05-08 15:00:00
Win-Draw-Win
Dagenham & Red   

Southampton     4/11       
Coca Cola League 1 Matches
Southampton v Southend
Win-Draw-Win
Southampton   

Stevenage      4/7       
FA Trophy
Barrow v Stevenage - Wembley
Win-Draw-Win
Stevenage   

Total stake: 100.00
Maximum return limits may apply please check our Terms and Conditions
Potential returns: 321.43

aaah early red card for stevenage when they were leading killed me  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

tyrone girl

Couldnt make the match today - did a wee random bet about ten to 4 when waiting on match to start  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bet receipt number : O/20738152/0000168
Selection Selection Details Result
1 GAA Matches
GAA Football Matches
Antrim v Tyrone
23rd of May 2010 4:00 pm
Goalcast
K Hughes to score first goal and Tyrone To Win @ 40/1 

Pending

Stake and Return Details
Bet placed at 23rd of May 2010 3:47 pm Total Stake £10.00
Bet type Single (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
Number of lines 1 Total stake due £10.00
Stake per line £10.00 Freebets Redeemed £0.00
Channel Internet Total amount paid £10.00
Number of win lines -   
Potential Returns £410.00   

Close
Print

ross4life

Well done Tyrone Girl  :o I'm up by 500 euros after Inter Milan win yesterday & todays accumulator bet of Meath, Tyrone, Louth & Waterford to win  ;D