The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 10, 2018, 08:33:50 PM
Well that proved to be easy. I think we can beat the English as well next week, provided we don't have any injuries during the week.

Probably all on the sauce I'd say! Free one for England
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

galwayman

It's still a very tough task to beat England at Twickenham despite their back to back defeats in the last two games.
Much like we are difficult to beat at the Aviva they are likewise at Twickers.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: grounded on March 10, 2018, 07:23:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2018, 12:43:48 PM
Ireland by at least 10 points. Would be nice if England were battered by the French.

You're on fire!!!!
To be fair shorts odds on that double.

Hardy

I've just backed Ireland at 5/6 on Betfair to win the Six Nations. It's still on offer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on March 11, 2018, 08:17:13 AM
I've just backed Ireland at 5/6 on Betfair to win the Six Nations. It's still on offer.

That's the grand slam betting!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Taking Italy out of the equation, has anyone won an away fixture other than Ireland?

Hardy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2018, 08:32:54 AM

It's not. It's disappeared now but this morning there was a "To win the Six Nations" market, with only one contender - Ireland 5/6. I just put on the minimum bet of €2 out of curiosity to see what would happen. It's still there under "My Bets", but my account hasn't been debited so I assume the bet will be voided.

Update: my account has now been debited by the €2 so the bet still stands for now.

Further update: The market has reappeared, now titled "To win the Six Nations but not the Grand Slam" and the detail on my bet has been similarly adjusted. I suppose I could complain that that wasn't what I signed up for but I know they'll just use the "obvious error" clause.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on March 11, 2018, 11:28:46 AM

It's not. It's disappeared now but this morning there was a "To win the Six Nations" market, with only one contender - Ireland 5/6. I just put on the minimum bet of €2 out of curiosity to see what would happen. It's still there under "My Bets", but my account hasn't been debited so I assume the bet will be voided.

Update: my account has now been debited by the €2 so the bet still stands for now.

Further update: The market has reappeared, now titled "To win the Six Nations but not the Grand Slam" and the detail on my bet has been similarly adjusted. I suppose I could complain that that wasn't what I signed up for but I know they'll just use the "obvious error" clause.

They screw you over online betting! I'd a bet done a while back and thinking this was a steal when they voided my bet claiming an error on their part, they only refunded my stake after I'd complained two days later!

Still it's evens for Ireland to win in England, totally depends on Ireland's attitude, they haven't even played that well! So if they muster up some decent form for the English then they might win, massive game to win their.

When did they win last?

Boycey

I looked on Betfair this morning and could see Ireland 5/6 to win 6Nations but not the Grand Slam, is this the bet you did?

I thought it was clever wording, in effect its backing them to draw or lose next week??

Hardy

I did my bet at about 7:50. The link said "To win the Six Nations". When I checked around 11:00+ my bet slip just said "To win the Six Nations". A few minutes later it had been changed to "but not ..."

seafoid

Ireland beat England''s grand slam attempts 3 times in the last few years. England will want to return the favour.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on March 11, 2018, 02:39:07 PM
Ireland beat England''s grand slam attempts 3 times in the last few years. England will want to return the favour.

They certainly will but we are capable of beating them over there. Will need to play very well but I think we can do it. We shouldn't fear this....we're the number 2 ranked team in the world for a reason. But we need to go at it with absolutely everything.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/mar/12/six-nations-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

England require dramatic improvement to beat Ireland

When the post-match debate centres on whether England were poorer in Murrayfield or Paris, there is definitely trouble at mill. They never looked remotely likely to score the four tries required to retain a mathematical interest in the Six Nations title race and it would have been distinctly rough justice on France had the visitors sneaked home late on in Saint Denis. One or two England players felt afterwards they might have received a penalty for French defenders going off their feet at the final ruck under the posts; it would still not have erased the horrors of the previous 79 minutes. In many ways this was even worse than Edinburgh; until the latter stages, Eddie Jones's side made barely any consistent attacking headway and will need a dramatic improvement to topple the Grand Slam-chasing Ireland. The last time England lost three Six Nations games on the trot was 12 years ago. Robert Kitson

) Ireland are relentless but their defence is suspect

Whatever the opinions about Ireland and their method – and there has been curious dissent over the way they play – they make you tackle. This was not quite the record-breaking 256-tackle fest France were put through in round one, but the 190 tackles Scotland had to make is enough to be getting on with in Dublin. Ireland are nothing if not relentless. Another curiosity, though, is the fallibility of their own Andy Farrell-constructed defence. Three home games, seven tries conceded – and they were carved up enough times by Scotland to make that tally seem flattering. Whether England prove the team to exploit this remains to be seen. Michael Aylwin 

While Wales can point to narrow defeats in Twickenham and Dublin, they are trailing the Irish because, at a time when their gameplan is evolving, they lack the accuracy of the champions. Some of their play against Italy was sublime, passing in contact, running clever support lines and sensing space, but they were also guilty of over-exuberance and conceded too many penalties.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

There's a bit of sense in that as Scotland butchered two good try scoring chances when the game was still in the mix but in fairness to Sexton he did a fine job in saving one of them by slowing up the play and forcing the pass which didn't come off.
Stockdale missed a few tackles and someone flew up once and was caught in no man's land for another Scottish opportunity.

Fair play to the Irish lads though, they took most of what was on offer and it didn't look like the scots would close the margin.

England were poor yet again against the French, devoid of a plan it seems, but the French near gifted them the win at the death by not getting the kick in touch with the clock already run out!
Had to laugh a Paul O'Connell talking over the commentry at the second last English lineout about not complicating it and just ensuring you win possession and build, just as they were f**king it up much to Brian Moores histrionics.
;D

Hound

Quote from: Hardy on March 11, 2018, 11:28:46 AM

I'd urge caution on taking advantage of mistakes by bookies.

After a non-runner was declared in a race about 18 months ago, Skybet made a hash of the re-pricing. I then bet on all 3 of the remaining runners, which would have left me with a guaranteed profit of €50 or €60, no matter which of the 3 won.
Skybet then noticed, and voided all 3 of the bets, which was fair enough. But then they banned me from all promotions and restricted my bets so the most I could win for any bet was €50. Hoors!