Gender Neutral

Started by Orior, October 24, 2017, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

In our workplace someone has come up with the idea of turning ALL the toilets into gender neutral toilets. If it comes off it'll cost the organisation a clean fortune.
Personally I think its  a load of non-balls

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 25, 2017, 09:27:28 AM
In our workplace someone has come up with the idea of turning ALL the toilets into gender neutral toilets. If it comes off it'll cost the organisation a clean fortune.
Personally I think its  a load of non-balls

The night before they open have a half dozen pints of stout and a chilli kebab, then "christen" the new bogs first thing.  That should put the weemin off using them.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

tiempo

http://standrewsstewton.co.uk/

Link at the top, our projects > toilet.

It was eventually commissioned at a cost of £30k to introduce this toilet..!

It has since been twinned with hundreds of toilets in Kenya to such an extent that the local PP who had never set foot outside of Engerland was invited to Kenya to survey the good work and visit many of the twinned toilets.

Not even joking.

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on October 25, 2017, 12:45:49 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 24, 2017, 10:08:30 PM
What does raising your children gender neutral mean?

I have 2 daughters who have been in dresses since they were born but if when they're older they didn't like it or feel comfortable it wouldn't bother me.

You mean you are not raising your children gender neutrally?

You're a f**king nazi man. Dinosaurs like you shouldn't have children.

You see you say this as if people all over the world are going mad about it. . . it's a hot button issue in American right now but people are free to raise their kids how they like.

Sure there's a serious amount now not vaccinating their children which is way worse than bringing your kids up gender neutral!!

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on October 25, 2017, 09:58:29 AM

I have 2 daughters who have been in dresses since they were born but if when they're older they didn't like it or feel comfortable it wouldn't bother me.

You see you say this as if people all over the world are going mad about it. . . it's a hot button issue in American right now but people are free to raise their kids how they like.

Sure there's a serious amount now not vaccinating their children which is way worse than bringing your kids up gender neutral!!

Well, that is a matter of opinion.

Stall the Bailer

Seen an interesting documentary on the BBC based around this topic.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2017/33/no-more-boys-and-girls
Well worth a watch.

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyCake on October 25, 2017, 10:05:09 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 25, 2017, 09:58:29 AM

Well, that is a matter of opinion.

bringing them up gender neutral wont do the children any harm. Not vaccinating them leaves them open to harm

ballinaman

If you pretend not to hear this lads annoying voice it's worth a watch....obviously a header but he's well able to talk.

https://youtu.be/gkONHNXGfaM

lurganblue

I dont really understand the whole gender non binary thing.  I can grasp where someone is one gender but feels that they should be another but how can you be neither. F*ck I must be getting old.

tiempo

I'm gonna spend the rest of my days as the Hotpoint WMSIF8437BC 8kg 1400rpm A+++ Washing Machine in White, I mean from day to day I will appear as same old me doing same old me things, but for the purposes of uniqueness as to my knowledge no-one has yet claimed that they are a washing machine at heart, therefore I aim to be the human manifestation of a washing machine, this has the added bonus as completely confirming my gender neutrality (kind of niche but not niche enough to be unique). I will in turn inform the world wide web and social media outlets of my significance which in turn will be attested to by a range of likes/trolling as other non unique non significant entities (probably pathetically gender specific) have their say, which in turn will affirm my significance.

The Iceman

raising children as gender neutral and transgender are too very different things. gender neutral is not pushing what we could consider typical behaviour, activity, clothes, colours, toys or haircuts on a child. Leaving them to make up their own mind. More hollywood attention seeking and people needing trophys than anything else. I think anyway.
In theory a lot of us do some of this. Loads of wee fellas have long hair now - its all in. Lots of girls play with boys toys.

I have 3 boys and two girls. The boys are all rough and tumble, take your shirt off and wrestle and theyve never seen WWE. They want to climb and shoot pretend guns. My eldest girl is 7 and refuses to wear any kind of trouser. Skirts and tights or dresses. She'll do crafts and arrange these shopkins toys all evening.  Boys and girls are different and will gravitate towards those differences.

The funny thing about these gender neural pushing parents is that they are doing the opposite of what they set out to do. A boy might want a truck to play with but there's none in the house. The parent is forcing their gender neutral toy on the boy.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Quote from: The Iceman on October 25, 2017, 12:18:18 PM
raising children as gender neutral and transgender are too very different things. gender neutral is not pushing what we could consider typical behaviour, activity, clothes, colours, toys or haircuts on a child. Leaving them to make up their own mind. More hollywood attention seeking and people needing trophys than anything else. I think anyway.
In theory a lot of us do some of this. Loads of wee fellas have long hair now - its all in. Lots of girls play with boys toys.

I have 3 boys and two girls. The boys are all rough and tumble, take your shirt off and wrestle and theyve never seen WWE. They want to climb and shoot pretend guns. My eldest girl is 7 and refuses to wear any kind of trouser. Skirts and tights or dresses. She'll do crafts and arrange these shopkins toys all evening.  Boys and girls are different and will gravitate towards those differences.

The funny thing about these gender neural pushing parents is that they are doing the opposite of what they set out to do. A boy might want a truck to play with but there's none in the house. The parent is forcing their gender neutral toy on the boy.

Who says that a gender neutral parent wouldn't buy their child a truck if they want one? I think your original definition is fine. What's the problem with not pushing things on your kids? I don't really see it as a big deal personally I think the majority will still identify one way or the other and that's fine. If it makes those who don't a bit more comfortable then that's fine too. Really I think it's a big hullaballoo over nothing.

The amount of outrage there was the time a young lad wanted to wear a skirt to school was crazy. He's a young lad who wants to experiment with things so let him at it. As long as nobody is getting harmed then what's the big issue?

Solo_run

Next thing is people won't be defining themselves as human.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Solo_run on October 25, 2017, 12:43:39 PM
Next thing is people won't be defining themselves as human.

The Killers have raised that already....

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tiempo on October 25, 2017, 11:50:51 AM
I'm gonna spend the rest of my days as the Hotpoint WMSIF8437BC 8kg 1400rpm A+++ Washing Machine in White, I mean from day to day I will appear as same old me doing same old me things, but for the purposes of uniqueness as to my knowledge no-one has yet claimed that they are a washing machine at heart, therefore I aim to be the human manifestation of a washing machine, this has the added bonus as completely confirming my gender neutrality (kind of niche but not niche enough to be unique). I will in turn inform the world wide web and social media outlets of my significance which in turn will be attested to by a range of likes/trolling as other non unique non significant entities (probably pathetically gender specific) have their say, which in turn will affirm my significance.

theyre a basturt for new parts. just letting ye know