Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

Quote from: back off the net on October 01, 2010, 05:35:49 PM
3 ref reports that where watching the game wheer sent into say that tasker done nothing more than a yellow card

The conspiracy didn't work. ::)

TacadoirArdMhacha

We were in control of that match with five minutes to go and we threw it away. Don't know what to say. Desperately disappointed.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

crossfire

The winning of the game was starting James Morgan on Robbie Tasker.
He held him scoreless from play, unlike last week when he scored 2-4.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: crossfire on October 02, 2010, 06:29:28 PM

No harm to ya but that's not really what happened. Robbie didn't score because he hardly had a decent ball delivered into him all day. Without a decent supply of ball, no corner forward can perform. They'll not be too worried tonight but Christ Cross are very very cyncial. Don't think I've ever seen a team as systemically wedded to constant fouling. Nothing particularly dirty but just constant fouling. How Stephen Kernan didn't join the other half of his team-mates in the book I'll never know.

Can't stomach writing much more about that. I'll get a report up tomorrow - am away to the club to drown my sorrows.

Congratulation to Cross.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AFS

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 02, 2010, 07:14:49 PM

No harm to ya but that's not really what happened. Robbie didn't score because he hardly had a decent ball delivered into him all day. Without a decent supply of ball, no corner forward can perform.

Would agree there. A lot of Cullyhanna's attacks seemed to break down before the final ball was played, and a lot of the ball that did go in was high and wild and suited defenders.

Definitely not a patch on last week, but it was still fairly exciting and enjoyable. Conditions were shite and there was a fair bit of niggle just bubbling under the surface. The ref was a bit fussy too. Two best players for me were the St. Pat's fullback and Stephen Kernan.

Dromintee have a hell of a chance in the final.

brokencrossbar1

NoTAC but a Cullyhanna giving off about a team fouling against them is a small bit rich. Have some grace about yourself!

pintsofguinness

No harm to ya but that's not really what happened. Robbie didn't score because he hardly had a decent ball delivered into him all day. Without a decent supply of ball, no corner forward can perform. They'll not be too worried tonight but Christ Cross are very very cyncial. Don't think I've ever seen a team as systemically wedded to constant fouling. Nothing particularly dirty but just constant fouling. How Stephen Kernan didn't join the other half of his team-mates in the book I'll never know.

Can't stomach writing much more about that. I'll get a report up tomorrow - am away to the club to drown my sorrows.

Congratulation to Cross.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

btw, who won the half time draw?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

Cross won the half time draw too, or so the announcement said.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

Pints you are in with a shout for post of the year lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

back off the net

Well done to cross they took there chances near the end when they counted most as cullyhanna never.Liam o hare had a great chance to put st pats 2 ahead with 2 Min's of nor time left and kicked it wide from 20 yards the ball goes down the field from the kick out Francie was touched and the ref give him a 14 free kicked that was the big call to me near the end.Cullyhanna management must take a look at them self's on a few things.1. playing 2,3 forwards in the first half into the scoring goals with Francie playing a sweeper.2.Not starting Casey i dint understand that i know he was poor last week but he is a player that will get u points and win the dirty ball and that was shown when he came on.3.Putting on a injury ed player in front off fit players did not make seance only lasted 15 min. I still think there is a c.ship in that cullyhanna team if the right driver was behind them.I still think cross will win the final handy

back off the net

Applesisapples

Quote from: AFS on October 02, 2010, 07:49:29 PM

No harm to ya but that's not really what happened. Robbie didn't score because he hardly had a decent ball delivered into him all day. Without a decent supply of ball, no corner forward can perform.
What a whinging post!! Cross are a better football team Cullyhanna could only win with a cynical game plan. Cross have better footballers.

Would agree there. A lot of Cullyhanna's attacks seemed to break down before the final ball was played, and a lot of the ball that did go in was high and wild and suited defenders.

Definitely not a patch on last week, but it was still fairly exciting and enjoyable. Conditions were shite and there was a fair bit of niggle just bubbling under the surface. The ref was a bit fussy too. Two best players for me were the St. Pat's fullback and Stephen Kernan.

Dromintee have a hell of a chance in the final.

mackers

Quote from: back off the net on October 02, 2010, 11:23:36 PM
Well done to cross they took there chances near the end when they counted most as cullyhanna never.Liam o hare had a great chance to put st pats 2 ahead with 2 Min's of nor time left and kicked it wide from 20 yards the ball goes down the field from the kick out Francie was touched and the ref give him a 14 free kicked that was the big call to me near the end.Cullyhanna management must take a look at them self's on a few things.1. playing 2,3 forwards in the first half into the scoring goals with Francie playing a sweeper.2.Not starting Casey i dint understand that i know he was poor last week but he is a player that will get u points and win the dirty ball and that was shown when he came on.3.Putting on a injury ed player in front off fit players did not make seance only lasted 15 min. I still think there is a c.ship in that cullyhanna team if the right driver was behind them.I still think cross will win the final handy
Think that was Eugene Casey with his right foot although as you say he did play well when he came on.
Suppose you could say that Morgan marked Tasker well, not a lot of it was legal, but if you can get away with it fair play.
I was right behind the top goals and Franny Hanratty clearly threw the ball in the square for the Cross goal.
Thought AK really stood up to be counted in those last few minutes and probably won the game for Cross.
Hope Dromintee don't persist with this crap over playing the game in Cross, it's in their own interests to concentrate on the football as this Cross team are only a shadow of the great team they had.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.