Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1life 1club

wat a game,,great display from both sides,,referee made a harsh call sending rob of,,never seen the clarke incident..
people would say we would be happy with a draw but were absolutly sick we got nothing from that game,tasker gave a display that would grace any pitch..

id say dromintee got the lives scared out of them 2nite,,they wouldnt stand a chance against either team 2nite..

scrap the 2 reds and let the 2 best teams in armagh serve up another cracker.. ;D
full forward son

lemallon

Best game of football in Armagh in a long time. Some incredible scores and performances. Stephen Kernan and Aaron Cunningham for Cross in the first half. Robbie Tasker 2-3 (2-2 from play) before wrongly sent off and Ciaran Mc Keever througout the whole game was absolutely outstanding. Incredibly strong on the ball. Magnificent passing and tackling and two superb points from play. One of the great displays.

Real pity about the sending offs for the replay. Jamien Clarke obviously struck out at a back who had been constantly annoying him the whole game. No excuse but little protection offered to the forward. Up until then he had been amazingly quiet with Cross rarely feeding his corner. I think they saw the St Pats no 3 as a weak link as both Kernan and Cunningham caused havoc when placed at 14. Tasker was sent off almost straight away. From my viewpoint it looked like no 17 Mc Cooey who was also excellent by they way who did the majority of the striking and was more deserving of the card. Ridiculous poor discipline on their part at a time when they looked like certain winners.

A few reputations got a bit of a pounding this evening. Paul Kernan and Paul Mc Keown were both roasted. Very surprising that Cross didnt move James Morgan onto Tasker as im sure he would have marked him constantly in Armagh minor training. Kernan struggled badly with Mc Cooey who looks like a county potential player to me. Stephen Kernan looked back to his best however. As ever looked like hed great time on the ball and kicked some beautiful points. If playing like this definitely the answer to Armaghs No 11 problems. Tony was also good while Aaron I thought was fairly quiet.

Great battle between Mc Kenna and Mackin in midfield. Mc Kenna probably slightly shaded it but Pats did well to guide kickouts away from him in second half. Cross are struggling badly to find a partner for him. Johnny Hanratty not the answer. Overall tremendous game. Great crowd although the bank simply isnt steep enough. Impssible to see about 1/4 of the field. C Mc Keever. Take a bow.

DuffleKing

McKeever was magnificent with ball in hand but so much of cross's best work in the first half came through whoever he was loosely marking - usually steven kernan but also aaron cunningham.

fair play to steven kernan - he lost his usual quota of ball in contact but he did some terrific things tonight - particularly in the first half.

McKenna looked rusty but he's a massive addition to cross around the middle given the tankings they've been taking there all summer.

It was a little surreal to watch such an open game of football in the armagh senior championship. doesn't happen very often and you don't often see defences as gaping at this level.

ogshead

Wish I had went to this game today going by some the reports. No disrespect to Cross but I'm glad teams are pushing them all the way now. Great to see a good open championship and Dromintee will only add to that in the final as well

crossfire

Quote from: ogshead on September 27, 2010, 12:05:30 AM
Wish I had went to this game today going by some the reports. No disrespect to Cross but I'm glad teams are pushing them all the way now. Great to see a good open championship and Dromintee will only add to that in the final as well

Read my post at 8.25 and it might help to explain why.

back off the net

Cullyhanna where i thought the better team on the night played the better football over the  64 min.Tasker has to be one if not the best forwards in the county at the min and for a ref to send him off for nothing just to level matters up is very unfair for the paying supporter and off course cullyhanna.He took cross apart thoughout the whole game till he was wrongfully sent off.Ciaran mc keever was by far the best player on the field he is one off Irelands best footballers very cool on the ball passing spot on and not one cross player could knock him off should see him playing for Ireland very soon.Aaron was very poor along with mal mackin think this could be a part off the county problem Aaron has not got the guts when things get turned up a bit he does not want to take that big hit to me he is yellow and it showed yesterday.mal is a player that is very good or very bad he should be ruling midfield but could not get into uit at all yesterday all he done was foul and give away the ball.Im looking forward to the replay but i think tasker should be allowed to play its so unfair to keep a player like this on the side line for doing nothing.

thewanderer

always expected st. pats to push them close, however without Tasker who did deserve his red and that was from cullyhanna men beside me i think they have missed the boat. Dromintee will not be overly concerned even tho their game was poor in comparison.

brokencrossbar1

So it is all moving towards Dromintee's inevitable first title. Whichever team wins the replay will being minus their marquee forward in the final(which may take some gloss off their win), with Dromintee winning with a bit to spare in their semi. It will be nice to see them win the final after all these years of trying, just a shame that the likes of Cathal and Damian Kilgallon were playing in the era that they were as players like them were the driving forces to bring Dromintee up to this level.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 27, 2010, 03:20:10 PM
So it is all moving towards Dromintee's inevitable first title. Whichever team wins the replay will being minus their marquee forward in the final(which may take some gloss off their win), with Dromintee winning with a bit to spare in their semi. It will be nice to see them win the final after all these years of trying, just a shame that the likes of Cathal and Damian Kilgallon were playing in the era that they were as players like them were the driving forces to bring Dromintee up to this level.
Do Cross not have Oisin back in time should they win the replay? Not a bad player to call upon!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 27, 2010, 04:23:25 PM
Do Cross not have Oisin back in time should they win the replay? Not a bad player to call upon!

I believe Oisin is back for the replay.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

back off the net

Oisin i dont think is back.not up till that sat night till 12

IVEDECIDED

1life 1club

obviously you avent seen dromintee play in the c,ship this year,,they are a poor side who beat poor teams to get to the final..they would ave got a massive wake up call yday,,cross or st pats would steamroller them in the final,,they are a team of havebeens and id say they wont get this far again for a wile.. ;D
full forward son

1life 1club

point of note about the match yday,,did any1 hear the halftime draw take place??cos any1 i spoke 2 didnt,,
full forward son