Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 04:23:03 PM
Man United currently top is achievement in itself and will likely be a season high looking back in May. Finishing in the top 4 for the 2nd season in a row will be consistency and progress as hasn't been done since Ferguson retired. 3rd is the best place finish I foresee for United and have a big battle on their hands with Spurs, Everton, Leicester etc pushing hard for top 4 spots.

I previously had my doubts on Man City mounting a title challenge but I think they have turned a corner now, they have made themselves more difficult to beat and score against and Ruben Dias has been a huge addition to their defence. They should be top of the table by either the end of this month or early February as on paper they should win their next 6 league games.

Liverpools home form and results against the top 6 remains as good as ever. I expect them to beat City in Anfield in February a result that will push them on to retain the title, the additions of Jota, Thiago will prove to be key signings.
You're fooling no one. It's Man United's title to lose now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Taylor

Quote from: laoislad on January 13, 2021, 04:42:31 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 04:23:03 PM
Man United currently top is achievement in itself and will likely be a season high looking back in May. Finishing in the top 4 for the 2nd season in a row will be consistency and progress as hasn't been done since Ferguson retired. 3rd is the best place finish I foresee for United and have a big battle on their hands with Spurs, Everton, Leicester etc pushing hard for top 4 spots.

I previously had my doubts on Man City mounting a title challenge but I think they have turned a corner now, they have made themselves more difficult to beat and score against and Ruben Dias has been a huge addition to their defence. They should be top of the table by either the end of this month or early February as on paper they should win their next 6 league games.

Liverpools home form and results against the top 6 remains as good as ever. I expect them to beat City in Anfield in February a result that will push them on to retain the title, the additions of Jota, Thiago will prove to be key signings.
You're fooling no one. It's Man United's title to lose now.

I assume you are just playing silly beggars now  ::)

As a City fan I can see why we are odds on - we are coming into form.
Liverpool dont have a deep enough squad and Utd are as liable to lose 5 games in a row than win.

Saw somewhere that Pep said we are doing better because we are running less - didnt bother reading as looked like clickbait

thebigfella

Has Utd not picked up more points than any other team since Fernandes joined in the league? Stats now start from after BF  ;)

Hardly inconsistent despite a few dodgy performances and key loses.

BenDover

I'd expect the Thurs-Sunday football to fire a spanner in the works for Utd, unfortunately.

reillycavan

You fear for Utd this evening.  Liverpool coming back into form at right time. How many Utd lads would get into pool team? Martial and Rashford overrated.  Cant rely on Pogba.  Liverpool will win league handy enough anyway.

reillycavan

Thiago cleaning our Fernando so far.

manfromdelmonte

Its all set up nicely for leicester or Everton to win it

Captain Obvious

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 17, 2021, 08:31:51 PM
Its all set up nicely for leicester or Everton to win it

Great incentive for Everton to knock neighbours Liverpool down to 5th by winning that match in hand.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: reillycavan on January 17, 2021, 04:03:12 PM
You fear for Utd this evening. Liverpool coming back into form at right time. How many Utd lads would get into pool team? Martial and Rashford overrated.  Cant rely on Pogba.  Liverpool will win league handy enough anyway.
Strange how Liverpool's keeper kept them in the match, given that you thought United would get tanked?   ::)

Milltown Row2

Leicester sitting top currently ..

Plenty time in game for that to change, but they certainly have the experience and ability this year to maintain in the top four
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Lampard days looks numbered at Chelsea. Upgrades in Allegri or Tuchel are available when Abramovich decides to make the change.

BennyCake

Frank has served his purpose.  A cheap, rookie manager brought in during a transfer ban. It looked good, because Chelsea were going for a young, English manager, going with young players (he had no choice). In reality, no big man would go near it while a transfer ban was in place.

Now it'll be, so long Frank... hello [insert big manager here]... here's a pot of money!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2021, 10:56:12 PM
Frank has served his purpose.  A cheap, rookie manager brought in during a transfer ban. It looked good, because Chelsea were going for a young, English manager, going with young players (he had no choice). In reality, no big man would go near it while a transfer ban was in place.

Now it'll be, so long Frank... hello [insert big manager here]... here's a pot of money!
Big Sam missed his true calling

Maroon Manc

I've watched nearly every Chelsea game since they played Wolves, they've had 2 wins since and in both games West Ham & Fulham were very unlucky. 7 points from the last 8 games with arguably the strongest squad in the league and under zero pressure from TV & Radio pundits, never seen anything like.

johnnycool

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2021, 10:56:12 PM

Frank (or someone in Chelsea) spent big enough in the last few transfer windows when the ban was removed.

One year at Derby was never enough experience for that type of job.