Armagh’s Dyas Headed for Oz

Started by screenexile, August 28, 2007, 09:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

From Irish News This Morning

By Paddy Heaney
ARMAGH'S rising star Kevin Dyas boarded a plane to Australia last night to begin a month-long trial with AFL club, Collingwood.

A representative from the
Melbourne club flew to Ireland last weekend to watch Dyas play for his club Dromintee against Crossmaglen Rangers in the Armagh
senior championship. Dyas was superb and the game ended in a draw.

Dyas will be met in Melbourne by Down's Martin Clarke who has proved to be a sensation since joining 'the Magpies'. Dyas and Clarke were opponents in last year's
MacRory Cup final. Clarke represented St Louis', Kilkeel while Dyas played for Abbey CBS.

The Dromintee lad spearheaded the Newry school to Hogan Cup glory when he scored 2-1 in the All-Ireland Colleges' final against St Pat's, Navan. Since leaving the Abbey,
Dyas began a course at the University of Ulster.

This year, he was on Jordanstown's Sigerson Cup panel, the Armagh U21 squad which won the Ulster title, and Joe Kernan's senior squad. Dyas also received an offer from
the Brisbane Lions, but Collingwood proved to be his first choice.

Bensars

I know Clarke made a big impression in his first game.

Any recent progress reports.

orangeman

Dyas will be some loss to Dromintee - and by the look of the scoreline against Cross, he'll be needed.

neutral

its tarra he wouldnt stay for the club replay. 

spiritof91and94

Quote from: neutral on August 28, 2007, 10:52:00 AM
its tarra he wouldnt stay for the club replay. 

Crossmaglen beat Dromintee 0.10 - 0.02 on Saturday evening.
If Dyas is that good surly his team should return more than 0.02!!!!
Good job they didnt turn up to watch the replay!!!

orangeman

Any Dromintee views on his departure ?

mackers

Spirit of 91 and 94, that's some sh1te to come out with!! An Riocht were really shooting the lights out in Down before Clarke left. I'm presuming you were at neither match. Dyas, for me, was the reason why Dromintee performed so well the first day as he basically run the 2nd half along with O'Neill.  Cross kept him quiet in the replay sure but it's expecting a lot from a 19/20 year old to dominate two games in a row against the best club team in Ireland. Can't comment on how Dromintee are going to miss him but there's little doubt that he was going to have a major impact on the county set-up before long. That said, good luck to the lad, and similar to Martin Clarke I hope he comes back to show off his talents in Ireland before long.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

the milkman

i think he will get on fine over there, im sure marty clarke will look after him and give him all the advice he needs and help him get used to things over there! sad to see great players leave but who can blame them?

Should the gaa start to pay players in order stop them leaving?

pintsofguinness

QuoteShould the gaa start to pay players in order stop them leaving?
The GAA can't pay players.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

heganboy

QuoteThe GAA can't pay players.

The man makes a good point
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Uladh

ONeill

Great losses to Down and now Armagh. The best players in the 2005 and 2006 MacRory Cups have left the sport.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

has dyas actually signed professional forms yet????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.