Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2017, 12:51:04 PM
Chelsea 97
Man City 82
Tottenham 77
Liverpool 69
Man Utd 69
Arsenal 61

Good craic predicting.

Everton would probably be sixth then and West Brom in seventh and Wenger out the gap hopefully.

Esmarelda

1       Chelsea       86
2       Man City     79
3       Arsenal       78
4       Man Utd      75
5        Tottenham 72
6        Liverpool    69

thewobbler

Quote from: Boycey on March 01, 2017, 12:53:47 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 01, 2017, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 01, 2017, 12:27:46 PM
Chelsea 90
liverpool 79
United 79
Man city 78
Spurs 77
Arsenal 76

I have chelsea running away with it, with almost nothing between the other 5 teams.
One big win/loss against another of the top 6 could decide your fate

I'm willing to stand to be corrected but I don't think any team has ever needed more than 73 points to finish top 4, and that anything over 66 is usually enough.

Yet you reckon it'll take 77 points to finish top 5.

Can't see it myself. Not even close.

The Premier League has probably never had 6/7 teams as relatively closed matched, just caused 77 hasn't been needed before doesn't mean it wont be now after all no 5000/1 had won the league til last season either. Why don't you fill out the yoke then and see what you get it takes all of 30 secs

I did do it.

Chelsea win league with 86 or so.

Liverpool and Spurs have the easiest run-ins so will finish 2nd and 3rd in the mid to high 70s - though neither side can really afford injuries.

City will smash lower sides and lose the bigger matches to come in 4th.

Arsenal's usual 72-73 points will just be short.

United have a tough enough run-in and too many games against the other top 6-7 sides, all of which have better midfields, and will bottom out on 70 points.

---

The thing to remember, apart from injuries, is that playing a relegation battler in your last 6 games is tough... especially if the chance of winning a league is gone. That's why we rarely have 5 teams over 70.

Owenmoresider

Chelsea 91
Man City 80
Tottenham 79
Arsenal 75
Man United 74
Liverpool 70

laoislad

After watching Match of the day just there I don't think Mings meant to stand on yer man's head. If anything he actually stamped on Mings first which Man U fans don't seem to be mentioning.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on March 05, 2017, 11:59:03 AM
After watching Match of the day just there I don't think Mings meant to stand on yer man's head. If anything he actually stamped on Mings first which Man U fans don't seem to be mentioning.

As a neutral, I would agree
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Stallion

Quote from: Minder on March 05, 2017, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 05, 2017, 11:59:03 AM

As a neutral, I would agree

As a neutral, I would disagree. Mings knew what he was doing. Ibrahimovic did too. Danny Murohy attempting to excuse the inexcusable was pathetic.

seafoid

There are only about 6 or 7 teams I would consider as regular premiership outfits,  with all due respect to Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

SHEEDY

The premier league is boring as feck to watch, some dreadful matches this year. West brom v chelsea another snoozefest toniht.
nil satis nisi optimum

StGallsGAA

Well  done to Conte and Chelsea. Best team this season by a long way.   Terry hanging round like a bad smell contributing zero so he can lift another undeserved trophy can't sit well with real fans when Cahill should be the man lifting it.

Maroon Manc

Its been a poor league since 2009, the league hasn't had any of Europe's best teams since then.

Chelsea have surprised me and done brilliantly but their lack of European football has really helped them, they've had better preparation for games than most of their rivals and its led to 11 of their players have played in at least 30 league games; Compare that to United who've had only one player who's made more than 30 appearances and thats the keeper.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 13, 2017, 11:58:36 AM
Its been a poor league since 2009, the league hasn't had any of Europe's best teams since then.

Chelsea have surprised me and done brilliantly but their lack of European football has really helped them, they've had better preparation for games than most of their rivals and its led to 11 of their players have played in at least 30 league games; Compare that to United who've had only one player who's made more than 30 appearances and thats the keeper.
The EPL has more than twice as much revenue as the next richest league, Germany

The money doesn't help the standard of competition. Neither does it help the England team
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shark

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 12, 2017, 11:06:02 PM
Well  done to Conte and Chelsea. Best team this season by a long way.   Terry hanging round like a bad smell contributing zero so he can lift another undeserved trophy can't sit well with real fans when Cahill should be the man lifting it.

In fairness, we don't know what influence he has in the dressing room and training pitch. I've been on teams in the past where the captain couldn't make the team. It didn't mean he wasn't hugely influential and important to any success achieved.
If the fans are worried about who physically lifts the trophy then they need to get a life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: shark on May 13, 2017, 12:54:17 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 12, 2017, 11:06:02 PM

In fairness, we don't know what influence he has in the dressing room and training pitch. I've been on teams in the past where the captain couldn't make the team. It didn't mean he wasn't hugely influential and important to any success achieved.
If the fans are worried about who physically lifts the trophy then they need to get a life.

The owner lifts the superbowl and the Chelsea billionaire Abramovich should lift the trophy as let's be honest the club probably would win no premier league titles without him over the last 14 years.

Milltown Row2

Arsenal doing their usual flurry of wins to get to the CL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea