Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Killyclogher Coalisland could be a great game, killyclogher's ruthless streak and hunger might not let this happen though. Will mc kernan or Hampsey pick up bradley. Mc nally and gary Wallace promises to be a full blooded battle. Rumours around  killyclogher are that there whole management team have been suspended because of the scuffles at the semi final.
Killyclogher to edge it for me in an ill tempered affair. I'd say hurson will be a busy man on sunday.

redzone

Tyrone final is on live on tg4 on Sunday

winghalfback

All this talk about Skeet and dan. Skeet has been poor for Clonoe for a long time now and dan well I think he needs it on a plate for him to gather it. Hampsey always down through the years got the better of dan in their matches. Clonoe have been quite poor in all their games to date in the championship and got a few lucky breaks to get to where they got. This possibly is down to management and their set up of the team but at the same time management don't kick the ball and if players at that level don't know to try change the system to suit them then they don't deserve to win. How as pointed out previously did Clonoe let Donnelly sweep up all day long and not put a man on him to keep him busy I don't know why Clonoe did not employ the same running game that Coalisland played against them they had the players to do it instead they looked slow in every way.
Coalisland are a good team a long way better than Clonoe and recent history has proven that but they will be up against a tough killyclogher team still hurting from last year. I think if Coalisland curtail the Mc canns Bradley and Wallace they will be in with a big shout I think they can and will prevail county champions by 4/5 points. They will also give the Ulster club a rattle too although I think scotstown or kilcar may be a bit to strong for them there.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: winghalfback on October 03, 2016, 09:54:20 PM
All this talk about Skeet and dan. Skeet has been poor for Clonoe for a long time now and dan well I think he needs it on a plate for him to gather it. Hampsey always down through the years got the better of dan in their matches. Clonoe have been quite poor in all their games to date in the championship and got a few lucky breaks to get to where they got. This possibly is down to management and their set up of the team but at the same time management don't kick the ball and if players at that level don't know to try change the system to suit them then they don't deserve to win. How as pointed out previously did Clonoe let Donnelly sweep up all day long and not put a man on him to keep him busy I don't know why Clonoe did not employ the same running game that Coalisland played against them they had the players to do it instead they looked slow in every way.
Coalisland are a good team a long way better than Clonoe and recent history has proven that but they will be up against a tough killyclogher team still hurting from last year. I think if Coalisland curtail the Mc canns Bradley and Wallace they will be in with a big shout I think they can and will prevail county champions by 4/5 points. They will also give the Ulster club a rattle too although I think scotstown or kilcar may be a bit to strong for them there.

don't have to worry about Scotstown, there gone!!  Kilcar have a difficult task to get out of Donegal.
Living the dream!!!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 04, 2016, 09:04:26 AM

don't have to worry about Scotstown, there gone!!  Kilcar have a difficult task to get out of Donegal.

No they aren't.

Helpline

Killyclogher for me, a solid defense with flair and imagination upfront with sparky on fire,, will won by 3-5 points.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 04, 2016, 09:12:49 AM

No they aren't.

Sorry My bad.  I could of swear I read an article saying Clontibret won!!  Must of been about how deadly Conor McManus.  Apologies once again
Living the dream!!!

Localexpert

to be fair it was great to see cassidy beat again after all the "expenses" he's received from clonoe.

any word on who clonoe will now replace him with?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Localexpert on October 04, 2016, 10:04:08 AM
to be fair it was great to see cassidy beat again after all the "expenses" he's received from clonoe.

Think that's unfair.  There are not many clubs that don't have managerial expenses these days and to label that solely at Cassidy is inappropriate.  Do you think McKeever/Gilligan are running round Coalisland for the good of their health?  Only mentioning them because that was the opposing team but realistically I would go as far to say 85% of clubs have a manager in that requires expenses beyond travel.
Living the dream!!!

Beantown

Fianna were the better team on Sunday by far.  They got their match ups right and Clonoe had no answer in the second half, which was surprising as they had they wind at their backs and only 2 points down at half time.  Fianna had a good spread of scores across the team, Clonoe seem too dependent on Skeet and Dan (both very good plyers and usually deliver).  Maybe the 5 tough games 5 weeks in a row and heavy Dungannon pitch caught up with Clonoe.  It is hard to keep going to the well as they say.

It was probably the best Fianna performance this season, they were all up for it.  Only concern would be that this was their county final.  It seemed more important to beat Clonoe than win a semi final.  Although this is generally the case for most local derbys.  If the Fianna can replicate the desire and hunger they showed on Sunday they will give Killclogher a tough game. 

Tyrone clubs generally dont do well in Ulster.  This could be down to the fact that the club championship is tough to win and any given year anything up to 8 teams are in with a shout of winning.  A bit like Ulster teams and All Irelands in years gone by.  A team that is consistently winning its club championship will do better in ulster than a team that plays once every 4-5 years.  Though Killyclogher could give Ulster a rattle if they prevail on Sunday. 

But Kilcoo, Slaughtneil, Scotstown, Cargin/St Galls will all fancy themselves and seem more primed for Ulster given the momentum, confidence and experience they have each built up from winning their respective championships over the last couple of years.

Killyclogher will start favourites on Sunday but if Fianna keep their heads, stay disciplined and start well it will go down to the wire.  It may come down to a free taking contest in a niggly affair, Bradley v Thornton.

winghalfback

Scotstown beat clontiberit by4 points in Monaghan final I'm nearly sure and as for kilcar I expect them to be to strong for glenswilly but it's only an opinion

Localexpert

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 04, 2016, 10:56:40 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 04, 2016, 10:04:08 AM

Think that's unfair.  There are not many clubs that don't have managerial expenses these days and to label that solely at Cassidy is inappropriate.  Do you think McKeever/Gilligan are running round Coalisland for the good of their health?  Only mentioning them because that was the opposing team but realistically I would go as far to say 85% of clubs have a manager in that requires expenses beyond travel.

they absolutely aren't running around coalisland for the good of their health and are being paid a certain amount of which i don't know.  however it wont be in the same realms that cassidy is getting and in the years he has been there he has amassed a tidy sum of money which i totally disagree with.   surely clonoe and the other clubs that do it have people within the club that can look after their own teams.

on a side note.....  Is young colm doris still warming up in dungannon i thought he was coming on, on sunday?

longballin

not to mention what Corrigan is getting... some boys coming into Tyrone to line their pockets and CVs

blewuporstuffed

When are we going to get the remaining fixtures for the league and the reserve championship?
Absolutely no reason why a fixture schedule up to the end of the season cant be given to clubs now at this stage.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onthe40

Absolute shambles....I had thought the fixtures committee had started to get there act together this past few years but this is back to square one...have spoken to a few guys (reserve players) who have said they have absolutely no interest in playing reserver championship with most reserves not even training now...if Tyrone had have slipped into an AI final, it wouldve been a bigger mess. Mid October and clubs dont even know when their next 2-3 games are on.