Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Tyrone Kerry on first seems odd?

DickyRock

Imagine they put Kerry on first so that they can travel back

CK_Redhand

It seems like a bit of the noughties Tyrone hoodoo over Kerry is back recently. Let's hope it continues this weekend.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 26, 2023, 01:29:08 PM
It seems like a bit of the noughties Tyrone hoodoo over Kerry is back recently. Let's hope it continues this weekend.

Bookies have Kerry as strong favourites. Though that's always been the case in every match we've ever played. Should add extra motivation if any were needed.

Redhand Santa

Massive massive match for this group of players. There's been a lot of talk about winning a lucky All Ireland and only beating Kerry because of covid (still haven't got my head round the logic) over the last 18 months. Tyrone for long spells since the All Ireland win have struggled badly for form. This is by far and away the biggest game in two years. As usual going in as underdogs against the current All Ireland champions. I don't think there'll be any issues what so ever getting up for it.

Going to need massive work rate around the middle area and get them on the back foot. I've no doubt we have players good enough to win this game if they play to their potential. Roll on Saturday.

An Watcher

You have to allow for the fact that Clifford will rack up a few scores but if they can do reasonably well on him they're in with a great shout.  Need a bit of luck al9ngvthe way but I'm hopeful

God14

Big decision for the management
Do you stick with Ruairi from the start? He is our biggest goal threat i believe, and we will need a goal or two.

Or is Ruairi sacrificed for Burns to come in, as an added defender.

CK_Redhand

David Clifford and/or McKernan to get a red card.

I think we've done a good job keeping Sean O Se quiet in previous meetings. Do that again and minimise Clifford impact and Kerry will struggle.  Easier said than done.

Hereiam

Taylor

CK_Redhand

Listening to BBC GAA podcast and some lies still being perpetuated on the 2021 Tyrone v Kerry match. Oisin McConville said (paraphrasing here):
The covid year.
Tyrone got the match delayed 2 weeks.
Tyrone ambushed Kerry.

1. 2021 was the second year of covid affecting football.
2. Tyrone requested the match to be postponed 6 days and Kerry agreed.
3. Wtf even is an ambush in relation to a football match? Did Tyrone hide in the dressing room and jump out at the Kerry lads?

PMG1

The good news is the Kerry media men only have 5 days to bad mouth Tyrone and influence the referee this time, but watch how they give it a go anyway, Tomas got it underway saying Tyrone have their nastiness back, the rest will row in soon

ClubScene13

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 26, 2023, 04:36:47 PM
Listening to BBC GAA podcast and some lies still being perpetuated on the 2021 Tyrone v Kerry match. Oisin McConville said (paraphrasing here):
The covid year.
Tyrone got the match delayed 2 weeks.
Tyrone ambushed Kerry.

1. 2021 was the second year of covid affecting football.
2. Tyrone requested the match to be postponed 6 days and Kerry agreed.
3. Wtf even is an ambush in relation to a football match? Did Tyrone hide in the dressing room and jump out at the Kerry lads?

I really like Oisin as a pundit but he's never been good at hiding the bitterness with regards Tyrone. I don't blame him for it either, it was a lot worse a few years ago than it is now to my memory as well!

square_ball

Quote from: PMG1 on June 26, 2023, 04:39:02 PM
The good news is the Kerry media men only have 5 days to bad mouth Tyrone and influence the referee this time, but watch how they give it a go anyway, Tomas got it underway saying Tyrone have their nastiness back, the rest will row in soon

Good job there was nothing controversial in the Donegal match or Tomas would be looking men suspended.

HokeyPokey

In fairness...

Tomás seems to have grudging respect and admiration for Tyrone. I've heard him speak about those 00s games and he has interviewed Ricey and Mugsy and seems to get on with them and mixed with them while playing Aussie rules. Jack O'Connor definitely has a deep hate inside him haha. I remember seeing him on the way to a match (which wasn't Tyrone and Kerry) and he gave the most dirty looks.

Oisín is also pretty open about his hate for Tyrone, but I think he recognises it and does have respect somewhere deep, deep inside. I'd say it's partly the same reason for the Kerry hate. Armagh had an unbelievable achievement in winning their first sam, but Tyrone beat them the following year and would overshadow their achievement. Kerry won plenty in the 00s, but couldn't get the better of Tyrone.