"The Dubs"

Started by Bulwinkle, September 09, 2007, 02:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 10, 2007, 12:45:45 PM
Quote from: Barney on September 10, 2007, 08:26:24 AM
Quoteps Croker is a neutral venue

Then why do Dublin always get to train in front of the Hill if they want, are now let out first to ensure that happens, and get all the tickets for the hill?

All the hill tickets??
Sure didnt Kerry "take" the hill at the semi  ;)
Now now NB dont being point out facts ,sure  Barney is happy to talk out of his ass, fact just upset him
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

cnoc16

GAA is by far the worst organisation in the world when it comes to planning. they opened hogan and cusack, nothing else at all, they did not advertise tickets to the general public. well john costello did make a plea to people on the hill16.ie site, but forgive me if i say thats only reaching they people who would be there anyway.

disagree i am a true dubs man and always will be, and i am disgusted with our fans for the small numbers that were there yesterday, should have broken the 50,000 mark, and too any club that did not organise a bus or 2 or 3 as my own club did, you are a disgrace.

i have been asked numerous times this summer for tickets for dub football games and i have never once obliged the people who ask me and i never will, as if you don't go watch a shitty junior game, then in my eyes you can f%&k off and stay and watch united and spurs in a nothing soccer match.

i'm after rambling a lot and this post is all over the place, but ya know what i mean.

i cannot argue wit result at all better team won.

Tankie

the organisation was shocking yesterday, there was no advertisement of the game. i went to the game but in fairness had no real interest, only really went to try give the lads a bit of support. if the gaa want Dublin supporters to get interested in hurling a bit of PR work needs to be done as i really aint got much interest in hurling but will make an effort when i can to cheer on my county, but football was the game i was brought up with and would be of the opinion that we would be better off forgetting about hurling and get as many people as possible playing football.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bulwinkle

Quote from: cnoc16 on September 10, 2007, 05:22:13 PM
GAA is by far the worst organisation in the world when it comes to planning. they opened hogan and cusack, nothing else at all, they did not advertise tickets to the general public. well john costello did make a plea to people on the hill16.ie site, but forgive me if i say thats only reaching they people who would be there anyway.

disagree i am a true dubs man and always will be, and i am disgusted with our fans for the small numbers that were there yesterday, should have broken the 50,000 mark, and too any club that did not organise a bus or 2 or 3 as my own club did, you are a disgrace.

i have been asked numerous times this summer for tickets for dub football games and i have never once obliged the people who ask me and i never will, as if you don't go watch a shitty junior game, then in my eyes you can f%&k off and stay and watch united and spurs in a nothing soccer match.

i'm after rambling a lot and this post is all over the place, but ya know what i mean.

i cannot argue wit result at all better team won.

Excellent post.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on September 10, 2007, 08:44:53 PM
the organisation was shocking yesterday, there was no advertisement of the game. i went to the game but in fairness had no real interest, only really went to try give the lads a bit of support. if the gaa want Dublin supporters to get interested in hurling a bit of PR work needs to be done as i really aint got much interest in hurling but will make an effort when i can to cheer on my county, but football was the game i was brought up with and would be of the opinion that we would be better off forgetting about hurling and get as many people as possible playing football.   

What a ridiculous thing to say...With the population Dublin has they should have no problem having a competitive Senior hurling and football team..And with the major strides Dublin have made in hurling over the last five years they are on the verge of competing and beating the big boys in senior hurling
And if they forget about hurling altogether as you want,what about the fellas who do want to play hurling and are better at it than football what are they suppose to do...
Really i haven't heard anything as stupid in a long time
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 10, 2007, 10:33:54 PM

What a ridiculous thing to say...With the population Dublin has they should have no problem having a competitive Senior hurling and football team..And with the major strides Dublin have made in hurling over the last five years they are on the verge of competing and beating the big boys in senior hurling
And if they forget about hurling altogether as you want,what about the fellas who do want to play hurling and are better at it than football what are they suppose to do...

I just aint interested in hurling and from what i can see any hurler that is decent at football joins the football team and drops hurling. Other counties pay no attention to hurling so I don't see why Dublin are made push it so hard, it you look at the teams that are winning SAM or coming close, Cork are the only ones that play hurling. I am not saying we should totally drop hurling as I respect that people may want to play it but we are pumping alot of funds into some we aint very good at and i would rather see more money go into football which is our number one game.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: Tankie on September 10, 2007, 10:49:23 PM

I just aint interested in hurling and from what i can see any hurler that is decent at football joins the football team and drops hurling. Other counties pay no attention to hurling so I don't see why Dublin are made push it so hard, it you look at the teams that are winning SAM or coming close, Cork are the only ones that play hurling. I am not saying we should totally drop hurling as I respect that people may want to play it but we are pumping alot of funds into some we aint very good at and i would rather see more money go into football which is our number one game.
And Galway
And was a time Offaly wheren't shit at both
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on September 10, 2007, 10:51:19 PM

And Galway

Galway footballers and hurlers can be very hot or cold, maybe they should focus on one game too ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

I couldn't disagree with you more..
From what i know Dublin hurling has won more in underage than Dublin footballers over the last five years
It takes a lot of time and effort it just doesn't happen overnight,the effort that Dublin have put into hurling is starting to pay dividends now
They are the best minor and U/21's in Leinster.I saw the minors thrash a good Kilkenny team in the Leinster Final and I also saw the senior team just failing to beat Wexford who went on to the All Ireland semi final
If anything Dublin hurlers will be more successfull than the footballers in the next few years IMHO.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bensars

Gnevin, in all fairness you wonder why people have digs at the dubs ??

QuoteAnd Galway

The Dublin trophy cabinet has been missing a national title for quite a few years now !!

Do you use windolene in that glass house of yours ??

Gnevin

Quote from: Bensars on September 10, 2007, 11:03:49 PM
Gnevin, in all fairness you wonder why people have digs at the dubs ??

QuoteAnd Galway
And was a time Offaly weren't shit at both

The Dublin trophy cabinet has been missing a national title for quite a few years now !!

Do you use windolene in that glass house of yours ??
Bensars relax would you it was tongue in cheek . You have to admit Offaly arent up to much in either code!

stephenite

Who's making Dublin push it so hard? I think you'll find the majority of the hugely admirable strides made in Dublin hurling were made by the Dublin County Board, and the hard working members of Dublin GAA clubs, without a gun being held to their head by anyone else.

Tankie

I guess i really don't care about hurling in Dublin as much as I do about Dublin football. I would just rather see a successful football team over a successful hurling team. if we could have both that would be great but not hurling at the expense of football, which i don't think it will be as football is still the game of choice between fans and players in dublin.
Grand Slam Saturday!