"The Dubs"

Started by Bulwinkle, September 09, 2007, 02:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulwinkle

..watching the Under 21 Final i see once again "The Dubs" the self proclaimed best fans in the world are on song.  The Hill is rocking.....and that "special atmosphere" that "The Dubs" bring to Croke Park is filling the air.

** To the Dublin fans who were at the match, you are the genuine article, you are proper fans and fair play to you all.  Pity about the scoreline so far.

southdown

darbyo

Seems to me there's a much bigger crowed than usual for an U21 final, so I'd say the Dublin fans have gone in big numbers.

john mcgill

I listened to the Dubs manager being interviewed after the U21 game and I have to express my admiration for his sporting and gracious comments.  Best winner or loser interview this year.

Tankie

was at the game today, there was a decent enough crowd there. seemed to be some issue getting people into the stadium, also head that they ran out of tickets so it must have been a bigger than expected crowd.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Can anyone tell the last u21 game in Coker they ran out of ticket for ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Balboa

Quote from: Gnevin on September 09, 2007, 09:30:36 PM

I dont think they have always been in Croker......(may be wrong)

Rossfan

Usually at a neutral (usually Midlands) venue but when Dublin are playing........ we couldnt be havig that now ..could we? ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gnevin

Quote from: Rossfan on September 09, 2007, 09:39:21 PM
Usually at a neutral (usually Midlands) venue but when Dublin are playing........ we couldnt be havig that now ..could we? ::)
Your right would be better to play it in front of 3,000 instead of 40,000

ps Croker is a neutral venue
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bulwinkle on September 09, 2007, 02:17:41 PM
..watching the Under 21 Final i see once again "The Dubs" the self proclaimed best fans in the world are on song.  The Hill is rocking.....and that "special atmosphere" that "The Dubs" bring to Croke Park is filling the air.

** To the Dublin fans who were at the match, you are the genuine article, you are proper fans and fair play to you all.  Pity about the scoreline so far.
Please provide me with one link where a Dub proclaims to be the best fans in the world !

gerry

"Best fans in the world??" Sure they filled Croker when they played Tyrone in the league but only 700 or so traveled to see them play Cork away in the next match. If they are the best fans in the world, how come they are always late for matches in Croker.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gnevin

Quote from: gerry on September 09, 2007, 10:09:36 PM
"Best fans in the world??" Sure they filled Croker when they played Tyrone in the league but only 700 or so traveled to see them play Cork away in the next match. If they are the best fans in the world, how come they are always late for matches in Croker.
Really i was in Cork and it was 50/50 but lets not get in to that pissing contest
At the end of the day 5,000 Cork lads travels to Croker for a AI semi , where as 70,000 Dubs turned up for a Leinster quarter and i know what the GAA and the bank manager prefer !!!

gerry

I am sorry, i have a bias against the "the dubs" or is it the media and all the hype they give them, that i have the bias against.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Bulwinkle

Quote from: Gnevin on September 09, 2007, 09:30:36 PM

Not too sure what Coker is, but the GAA did not run out of tickets today.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2007/0909/crokepark.html?gaa

Quote from: Gnevin on September 09, 2007, 10:01:15 PM
Quote from: Bulwinkle on September 09, 2007, 02:17:41 PM

Please provide me with one link where a Dub proclaims to be the best fans in the world !

Perhaps the word world was incorrect.

http://blog.paddypower.com/index.php/2007/06/18/can-dreams-come-true

Quote from: southdown on September 09, 2007, 02:28:55 PM
The Hills not open

The Hill was not open as the GAA knew that the demand from Dubllin would not be there.

thejuice

Dubs: Best fans in GAA, end of storey.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016