US Congresswoman and some of her staff shot

Started by muppet, January 08, 2011, 06:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2011, 02:03:57 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 10, 2011, 10:54:07 PM
What is the argument about hunting AZ?

Americans love guns. They love their consitutional rights - and that is one of the biggest ones. They also love their freedom of speech - so much so that people were complaining when the author of the paedaphiles guide to child love was arrested -until they were told he was arrested for obscenity because the book contained pictures.

I've seen the inside of a district ATF arms dump - where they store the confiscated illegals weapons - and it is pretty frightening stuff to see what people are keeping under their beds at times.

When I lived there there was also a period of intense gun law review. One of the defenses moted for the right to carry guns was the fact that guns were needed for hunting, and general outdoor pursuits, which are actually healthy for the environment, etc. etc.

Maybe they should only give guns to people weighing over 300 pounds to encourage them to get out and about.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: trileacman on January 11, 2011, 06:24:22 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 11, 2011, 05:59:18 PM
QuoteWhen President Obama took office, Arizona's anti-immigrant right fused with extreme elements of the religious right under the Tea Party banner. In August 2009, a young man called Chris Broughton openly carried an AR-15 assault rifle and a handgun to an Obama rally in Phoenix. The night before, Broughton had attended a sermon called "Why I hate Barack Obama" given by the Rev Steven Anderson, a local Tea Party activist. Anderson declared that that night he was going to "pray for Barack Obama to die and go to hell".
Wise up Fear...FFS I heard much worse from Oberman on your boys news channel of choice and he's a fecking cable network anchor ( albeit a network thats in the toilet for good reason )
and not some nut job on the extreme side of the tea party ::)

I wonder did the media do as much searching for someone to blame when Regan was shot?
I suppose back then Crazy was Crazy and people could deal with that  :-\
So are you suggesting that Arizona's gun laws were not a contributory factor?
Quote which line from above that brings you to that conclusion.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Maguire01

Minder

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 11, 2011, 07:19:06 PM
Chilling photo in the media

He looks like somebody you would see in the latter stages of Britains Got Talent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Reminds me of John C Reilly in Anger Management

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

delboy

thejuice

the fact is he was insane. Not a right or left. You could argue that he was influenced by Beck et al, or maybe its was screwballs like ALex Jones or David Icke, or maybe it was the voice of his dead grandmother. .

If he had more access to mental health care rather than lethal firearms things would have more than likely turned out differently for him and of course those unfortunate people that he attacked.

Now that said if he could afford a gun I'm sure he could have afforded a few sessions with his local psychiatrist. Its a pity that someone didn't look out for him, either his school, parents or college rather than just talk about what a nut case he was.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

trileacman

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 11, 2011, 06:45:09 PM
Quote from: trileacman on January 11, 2011, 06:24:22 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 11, 2011, 05:59:18 PM
QuoteWhen President Obama took office, Arizona's anti-immigrant right fused with extreme elements of the religious right under the Tea Party banner. In August 2009, a young man called Chris Broughton openly carried an AR-15 assault rifle and a handgun to an Obama rally in Phoenix. The night before, Broughton had attended a sermon called "Why I hate Barack Obama" given by the Rev Steven Anderson, a local Tea Party activist. Anderson declared that that night he was going to "pray for Barack Obama to die and go to hell".
Wise up Fear...FFS I heard much worse from Oberman on your boys news channel of choice and he's a fecking cable network anchor ( albeit a network thats in the toilet for good reason )
and not some nut job on the extreme side of the tea party ::)

I wonder did the media do as much searching for someone to blame when Regan was shot?
I suppose back then Crazy was Crazy and people could deal with that  :-\
So are you suggesting that Arizona's gun laws were not a contributory factor?
Quote which line from above that brings you to that conclusion.
I shall rephrase then "Do you believe that Arizona's gun laws were a contributory factor?"
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Maguire01

Quote from: thejuice on January 11, 2011, 08:27:52 PM
the fact is he was insane. Not a right or left. You could argue that he was influenced by Beck et al, or maybe its was screwballs like ALex Jones or David Icke, or maybe it was the voice of his dead grandmother. .

If he had more access to mental health care rather than lethal firearms things would have more than likely turned out differently for him and of course those unfortunate people that he attacked.

Now that said if he could afford a gun I'm sure he could have afforded a few sessions with his local psychiatrist. Its a pity that someone didn't look out for him, either his school, parents or college rather than just talk about what a nut case he was.
But if you really need a psychiatrist, are you likely to be thinking that logically? As you allude to, he'd have needed someone looking out for him to steer him in that direction.

seafoid

Déiseach

Tom Tomorrow is one of the best political cartoonists in the US.
I can recommend  a subscription to Funny Times that shows his stuff every month, if you don't have one already

www.funnytimes.com
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2011, 01:10:02 PM
Déiseach

Tom Tomorrow is one of the best political cartoonists in the US.
I can recommend  a subscription to Funny Times that shows his stuff every month, if you don't have one already

www.funnytimes.com

I read him every week in Salon.com, worth clicking on even if Glenn Greenwald wasn't there

Declan

Sarah Palin today accused her opponents of manufacturing a "blood libel" by suggesting her rhetoric and campaign tactics had anything to do with the Arizona shootings. Four days after an incident which left six people dead and critically injured the congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Palin released a video statement condemning the attack.She denied that a now infamous campaign map showing Giffords's electoral district in the cross hairs of a gun had influenced the shooter Jared Lee Loughner.

In an attack on her accusers, she said: "Journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible." Palin's bizarre use of language is sure to provoke further controversy. A blood libel refers to a notorious passage in St Matthew where Jews said of the crucifixion: "Let his blood be on our heads." Later it referred to a medieval myth that Jews killed their children as part of a religious ritual. Giffords is Arizona's first Jewish congresswoman.

Her choice of words is unusual but I agree that her speeches had nothing to do witht the Tuscon shootings.

However whats also reprehensible is her own statement that urged the US administration to "Hunt down the WikiLeaks chief like the Taliban".
Other gombeens like Mike Huckabee called for the execution of Assange on his Fox News program last November, and Fox News commentator Bob Beckel, referring to Assange, publicly called for people to "illegally shoot the son of a bitch."
US radio personality Rush Limbaugh has called for pressure to "Give [Fox News President Roger] Ailes the order and [then] there is no Assange, I'll guarantee you, and there will be no fingerprints on it.", while the Washington Times columnist Jeffery T. Kuhner titled his column "Assassinate Assange" captioned with a picture Julian Assange overlayed with a gun site, blood spatters, and "WANTED DEAD or ALIVE" with the alive crossed out.

John Hawkins of Townhall.com has stated "If Julian Assange is shot in the head tomorrow or if his car is blown up when he turns the key, what message do you think that would send about releasing sensitive American data?"

Christian Whiton in a Fox News opinion piece called for violence against WikiLeaks publishers and editors, saying the US should "designate WikiLeaks and its officers as enemy combatants, paving the way for non-judicial actions against them

This macho bullshit rabble rousing is another aspect of public discourse that seem to be inherently American as well. It poisons people's minds and makes normal political discourse impossible

My favorite comment today though was "Today has been set aside to honor the victims of the Tucson massacre. And Sarah Palin has apparently decided she's one of them".

Fear ón Srath Bán

She's f**king unbelievable, too stupid to see the irony of her pathetically sensationalist language (fire her speechwriters, now!).

It wasn't the 'blood libellers' [sic] that produced a graphic with cross-hairs on her political opponents, twat.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open