Mayo v Armagh- Round 3 Qualifier

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 24, 2019, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Dunno what you're Man was at with that last play. Took it short then hoofed the return? Very silly. Armagh have improved mostly because of Burns and O'Neill. Mayo who are average, were just a step too far for the apple mumching c***ts.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 29, 2019, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 29, 2019, 08:38:39 PM
Armagh will probably have some major regrets here.

Two goal chances in 2nd half. One saved off the post and one over the bar.
You think? Mayo can thank their lucky stars that they came through that game by the skin of their teeth.

Maybe! Maybe they are just postponing the inevitable. Then again Cork, Cavan, Galway and Meath await. Nothing there to send shivers down ones spine!

naka

Quote from: sidelineball on June 29, 2019, 08:36:16 PM
Armagh absolutely love the late hard fist into the player disguised as a tackle after the foul has already been called. The management team were experts at it too. Is wasn't picked up off the grass
Why don't you f**k off
If you gamble nothing to day constructive
Stay off the board
That was a decent game two fair teams
We left it in the pitch
Disappointing

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2019, 08:56:41 PM

You think? Mayo can thank their lucky stars that they came through that game by the skin of their teeth.

Maybe! Maybe they are just postponing the inevitable. Then again Cork, Cavan, Galway and Meath await. Nothing there to send shivers down ones spine!

That was the real test. Galway and Cavan are tricky assignments but I'd expect Mayo to get past Cork or Meath fairly handy although you never know with Mayo.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JP

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2019, 08:41:38 PM
What the f**k were Armagh at on that last play, ridiculous.

McGeeney's utter incompetence in tight games was on full display today.

please explain how?

Ridiculous statememt

From the Bunker

Quote from: Angelo on June 29, 2019, 09:02:22 PM

That was the real test. Galway and Cavan are tricky assignments but I'd expect Mayo to get past Cork or Meath fairly handy although you never know with Mayo.

I expect Mayo's next game to be a part of a double header in Croke Park. Mayo love playing in Croke Park and Headquarters will want them to get to the Super 8's. We were a big loss to revenue last year! And revenue is badly needed to keep funding Project Dublin GAA.

naka

Quote from: JP on June 29, 2019, 09:04:26 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2019, 08:41:38 PM
What the f**k were Armagh at on that last play, ridiculous.

McGeeney's utter incompetence in tight games was on full display today.

please explain how?

Ridiculous statememt
Mc garnet is doing fine
We are going places

Itchy

f**king mayo flag in front of Liam Gallagher at Glastonbury

An Fhairche Abu

I thought Deegan rode Armagh all day to be honest but ultimately their finishing wasn't up to snuff in the second half and that cost them the match, Mayo far more economical in front of the posts after half time, some great scores from Coen

under the bar

Quote from: naka on June 29, 2019, 09:01:34 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on June 29, 2019, 08:36:16 PM
Armagh absolutely love the late hard fist into the player disguised as a tackle after the foul has already been called. The management team were experts at it too. Is wasn't picked up off the grass
Why don't you f**k off
If you gamble nothing to day constructive
Stay off the board
That was a decent game two fair teams
We left it in the pitch
Disappointing

Don't worry. It will pass.

GalwayBayBoy

McLoughlin is some man to get away with multiple steps. Those small ones must be hard for refs to count.

yellowcard

A good first 15 from Armagh and then we threw off the shackles when we went 5 down and really should have won the match with the missed scores in the second half. Soupy, Clarke and Donaghy were excellent and I don't understand why we conceded the Mayo kickout for as long as we did. We had them under serious pressure coming out of defense by pushing up in the last 10 minutes and Mayo looked like a seriously weary team. As much as I admire this Mayo side I think that they have simply delayed the inevitable today as the injuries continue to mount.

As for Armagh, I expect that opinion will be divided on whether McGeeney gets another contract. I think he has done ok, we all know his strengths and weaknesses but 5 years is a long time in a job without any real tangible success. Hard to know if anyone would do any better.

Main Street

Brilliant fightback by Armagh then they threw it all away. Regrets aplenty I'd say, there's no consoling that loss.

Itchy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 29, 2019, 09:19:14 PM
McLoughlin is some man to get away with multiple steps. Those small ones must be hard for refs to count.

Ah now he's got nothing on Stefan Campbell!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2019, 09:09:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 29, 2019, 09:02:22 PM

I expect Mayo's next game to be a part of a double header in Croke Park. Mayo love playing in Croke Park and Headquarters will want them to get to the Super 8's. We were a big loss to revenue last year! And revenue is badly needed to keep funding Project Dublin GAA.

The GAA doesn't care about competition but that is what puts arses on seats
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/seán-moran-all-things-must-pass-even-dublin-s-dominance-1.3618397

« For all the talk about how poor a spectacle football has become and especially in comparison to hurling, people generally attend matches when they think the contest will be competitive, and that was missing this year because Dublin's closest adversaries, Mayo and Kerry, had regressive years.

There is anxiety over the poorest semi-finals attendance in eight years and the lowest of any year featuring Dublin in the last four since the new stadium was built »
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU