Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2019, 10:28:28 AM
Happy enough for Monaghan to get Armagh in Clones, Armagh look to be in better shape than us, still, as it stands now it's hard to see either side getting through the next round.
Avoid Tyrone,Mayo and its easier to see it.

Main Street

Maybe there is hope, but more for Armagh than us. It was claimed that this tie is mouthwatering, the last time both teams met in the qualifiers the sound of loud groans from the crowd was a constant,  extra time was the football equivalent of hitting the wall.

I don't know about Mayo being a foregone conclusion, I see Down have swung home advantage, for my money that could be an interesting game.

moysider

Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2019, 11:07:01 AM
Maybe there is hope, but more for Armagh than us. It was claimed that this tie is mouthwatering, the last time both teams met in the qualifiers the sound of loud groans from the crowd was a constant,  extra time was the football equivalent of hitting the wall.

I don't know about Mayo being a foregone conclusion, I see Down have swung home advantage, for my money that could be an interesting game.

It shouldn't be but you can be sure Mayo will insist on making it interesting like we always do.

From the Bunker

Nice little 7 hour round trip for the Mayo fans. Those season ticket holders will be well tested this year!

Aristo 60

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 10, 2019, 09:54:48 AM
We will beat Tyrone.

And we will beat Mayo.

£50 lumped on the double should pay for a cruise or a new car or maybe both.

Main Street

Páirc Esler will be packed to the gills.

lurganblue

Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2019, 11:56:20 AM
Páirc Esler will be packed to the gills.

Is the Antrim match going there too?

snoopdog

snoopdog

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 10, 2019, 09:52:25 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 10, 2019, 09:28:58 AM
mayo have to come to Newry. Newry or Nowhere.
May as well have a crack at the league champions now as opposed to getting so called easier draws just to drag a couple more games out of the summer.

Kildare had a siege mentality going on with Newbridge last year. Wasn't yesterday a first qualifier win for Down in years and Down's home form was poor in Div 3 this spring?
Yep our home form cost us promotion.

highorlow

QuoteI know, Longford should probably apologise for the inconvenience of having to trouble Tyrone with travelling to play them, should be only the preserve of Dublin, Kerry and the other elite teams.

There probably could have been worse draws for us but going to Tullamore and winning might be beyond us.

What's this now?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Halfquarter

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 10, 2019, 11:38:29 AM
Nice little 7 hour round trip for the Mayo fans. Those season ticket holders will be well tested this year!

Mayo aren't great in Castlebar anyway, might be no harm to have an away game.

David McKeown

Happy enough for Monaghan to get Armagh in Clones, Armagh look to be in better shape than us, still, as it stands now it's hard to see either side getting through the next round.

6.25% chance of this being the draw the teams ended up with. Initially I thought it was the worst possible draw but now I'm coming round on it. Win and it's a sign of progress, loose and the pressure might become too much on an already beleaguered manager. I'd rather a game like this than a handy draw to round 4 or beyond where we might have received some tankings.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

naka

Quote from: David McKeown on June 10, 2019, 12:48:59 PM

6.25% chance of this being the draw the teams ended up with. Initially I thought it was the worst possible draw but now I'm coming round on it. Win and it's a sign of progress, loose and the pressure might become too much on an already beleaguered manager. I'd rather a game like this than a handy draw to round 4 or beyond where we might have received some tankings.
tbf am content with this draw as well, if we cant beat them( and i am not sure Armagh can ) then we are better off out of it as other teams will give us a trimming down the line.

Itchy

Take it from me, the drive from Mayo to Newry is one of the worst there is in Ireland. If its on a Saturday evening god save you all.

RedHand88

Id imagine Longford v Tyrone will be the Saturday. Most of Tyrone will be coming through Clones for it, where the Ulster final is on the Sunday.