Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 31, 2020, 09:55:57 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 31, 2020, 09:37:32 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 31, 2020, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: redzone on December 31, 2020, 06:47:52 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 31, 2020, 06:33:44 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 31, 2020, 06:03:50 PM
People Before Profit are really going in heavy on this. It's almost as if they have a history of populist opportunism.

Give it couple of hours, Shinners watching Twitter likes as we speak , they will on it as soon as they see it is gathering momentum
Do us all a favour for 2021 any f**k off. All you do every day is mention sinn fein in some form another. It's got to the stage now we're as soon as you see your name you know what your posting about before you open the thread up

Well done read it then numpty, send me your address big balls, surprisingly to myself only 5 of my last 20 posts mention SF ;D, I'll have to step it up next year
Why do you want his address? Are you going to do something because he told you to F off then big balls?

Coinnigh amach as, ní bhaineann sé leat
"Send me your address" away and catch yourself on  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 31, 2020, 10:00:43 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 31, 2020, 09:55:57 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 31, 2020, 09:37:32 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 31, 2020, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: redzone on December 31, 2020, 06:47:52 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 31, 2020, 06:33:44 PM
People Before Profit are really going in heavy on this. It's almost as if they have a history of populist opportunism.

Give it couple of hours, Shinners watching Twitter likes as we speak , they will on it as soon as they see it is gathering momentum
Do us all a favour for 2021 any f**k off. All you do every day is mention sinn fein in some form another. It's got to the stage now we're as soon as you see your name you know what your posting about before you open the thread up

Well done read it then numpty, send me your address big balls, surprisingly to myself only 5 of my last 20 posts mention SF ;D, I'll have to step it up next year
Why do you want his address? Are you going to do something because he told you to F off then big balls?

Coinnigh amach as, ní bhaineann sé leat
"Send me your address" away and catch yourself on  ;D

Some amount of vulgar course talk on here that wouldn't be tolerated face to face no offence to anyone

general_lee

Someone's had a few sherrys

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on December 31, 2020, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 31, 2020, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 31, 2020, 07:09:35 PM
I myself have serious concerns about how this was handled but I think it's important that public representatives and people with a platform choose their words carefully in this situation

And they need to speak out and tell protestors to dial back a bit

Some of the stuff that has been happening in Hartstown this afternoon is not good, the Spar shop had to be shut up with customers inside because a group gathered outside, nobody in the Spar or connected with the Spar has done anything wrong whatsoever

Stuff like this isn't going to help, it's only going to ramp up confrontation
Not as enthusiastic for confrontation now Sid that it's on your doorstep .
Bizarre comment

I have serious concerns about what happened and it was a failure on the part of police that they didn't produce a better outcome but neither is it a cut and dried case of wanton racist police brutality as happens so regularly in the US - and the context of policing in this country is very different

But obviously you would try and use pig ignorant crude reductionism in a bizarre attempt to score points, sure what's new
the bottom line is don't attack innocent people and don't threaten police with a knife ,good advice no matter what continent your on . RIP to deceased and hope his family will be ok and also to Gardaí who made decision to shoot him they have a tough decision to live with .

An Watcher

Folks, haven't read all these posts but surely this man could have been shot 5/10/20 times in the legs until such time as he isn't a threat?  I think the same of the attackers in London and other European cities however I get the threat of the suicide vests etc. I don't think this man presented the same threat

Angelo

Was the Garda who shot him from an armed response unit or what was his rank?

I'd be very wary of some of the apes down south who are Gardai being allowed carry guns personally.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Eire90

imagine someone knocking your door and saying hi are im the guy from gaa board forum

general_lee

Quote from: trileacman on December 31, 2020, 06:28:52 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 31, 2020, 12:34:38 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 31, 2020, 11:57:32 AM
Quote from: general_lee on December 31, 2020, 11:41:53 AM
Aye, the one where clearly starts lunging after the first two shots are fired!

Did they hit him? Were they warning shots? You heard the conversation between him and the guards from that video in sure as well?

The reality of the matter is that nobody knows exactly what happened yet, but you have already decided you know the full facts of it.
I don't know the full facts. I know enough (as does anyone with any semblance of rational thought) that it was dealt with in the wrong manor.

Please tell me what the right way to do this was? From what I see the guards tried a couple of options to diffuse the situation and there's a video of him clearly lunging at gardai, likely with a knife. I haven't all the facts but I can't say from first glance that the guards acted in the wrong.
Anything other than riddling him with bullets? How many times did they try tasering him? How many times did they try pepper spray? I find it odd that they were able to reportedly track him for 2 hours but he was only a threat to them/the public when he was at his own front door step. The video shows him lunging at them AFTER the first shot

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eire90 on January 01, 2021, 01:30:13 PM
imagine someone knocking your door and saying hi are im the guy from gaa board forum

;D not my best post to be fair. New year, new me , peace ✌️✌️

sid waddell

Quote from: general_lee on January 01, 2021, 01:50:22 PM

Did they hit him? Were they warning shots? You heard the conversation between him and the guards from that video in sure as well?

The reality of the matter is that nobody knows exactly what happened yet, but you have already decided you know the full facts of it.
I don't know the full facts. I know enough (as does anyone with any semblance of rational thought) that it was dealt with in the wrong manor.

Please tell me what the right way to do this was? From what I see the guards tried a couple of options to diffuse the situation and there's a video of him clearly lunging at gardai, likely with a knife. I haven't all the facts but I can't say from first glance that the guards acted in the wrong.
Anything other than riddling him with bullets? How many times did they try tasering him? How many times did they try pepper spray? I find it odd that they were able to reportedly track him for 2 hours but he was only a threat to them/the public when he was at his own front door step. The video shows him lunging at them AFTER the first shot
There was defo at least one shot previous to the video

At the very start of the video, ie. the first 0.5 seconds, you can hear the echo from a previous shot - but not the actual bang of the shot

Then there are five shots you can hear clearly

So at least six shots fired overall

It makes sense that there would have been previous shots because why would people have started filming from a distance otherwise

clonadmad

Quote from: Angelo on January 01, 2021, 12:06:11 PM

I'd be very wary of some of the apes down south who are Gardai being allowed carry guns personally.

Proper order that your wary

The Gardaí have a low opinion of nordie shinner scum

Angelo

Quote from: clonadmad on January 01, 2021, 03:02:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 01, 2021, 12:06:11 PM

Proper order that your wary

The Gardaí have a low opinion of nordie shinner scum

What a charming post.

I'd have a low opinion of a police force who botched the biggest terrorist attack in their state so they can protect the British state and where the top brass engage in slandering a whistleblower on Garda corruption as a paedophile.

I guess that's where we differ.

No doubt archbigot Charlie Flanagan gets your no. 1 vote.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Quote from: sid waddell on January 01, 2021, 02:35:26 PM

There was defo at least one shot previous to the video

At the very start of the video, ie. the first 0.5 seconds, you can hear the echo from a previous shot - but not the actual bang of the shot

Then there are five shots you can hear clearly

So at least six shots fired overall

It makes sense that there would have been previous shots because why would people have started filming from a distance otherwise
It's sounds like that alright but that's unconfirmed. People had been videoing previous to that so perhaps the video has been edited.

Baile Brigín 2

2 hours? Less than 30 mins after he entered the shop he was dead