Na Gardaí

Started by 118cmal, November 24, 2008, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciaraa

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 14, 2020, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 14, 2020, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: general_lee on August 13, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
He'll probably appeal. I don't think he can do anything regarding a plea bargain. the guards have their shooter so can't imagine they've any real incentive to offer him anything to try and get the accomplices who they'll probably nail at some stage regardless
While they have their shooter, the evidence seemed dodgy enough if you ask me.
Same

whole thing stinks. was there even a 'gang' ffs?

GetOverTheBar

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/aaron-brady-the-man-who-said-with-pride-he-was-a-cop-killer-1.4328380

Good article.

There is still more to come on this one.

The circumstances and evidence of Daniel Cahill...is interesting to say the least.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2020, 10:08:38 PM
Shot some boy dead today
https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/1230/1186988-shooting/
TWELVE gardaí and they couldnt manage a boy with a knife.
"Ah lads sure we'll just shoot the fvck out of him"
Embarassing. They should be disciplined of some sort on this. Made to retrain.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 30, 2020, 11:37:21 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2020, 10:08:38 PM
Shot some boy dead today
https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/1230/1186988-shooting/
TWELVE gardaí and they couldnt manage a boy with a knife.
"Ah lads sure we'll just shoot the fvck out of him"
Embarassing. They should be disciplined of some sort on this. Made to retrain.

Agreed but id be bit worried about amount people saying he was shot because he was black. Balls he was shot because he attacked poorly training Gardaí with a knife

Capt Pat

It looks like a case of suicide by cop. Not racism.

gallsman

There will be an investigation, as always, and people shouldn't jump to conclusions.

It's very easy for people to dig up old articles and references to the Gardai disarming people carrying knives. It's also very easy to find references to the likes of Mark Hennessy being shot whilst in his car.

George Nkencho was brandishing/wielding/lunging at Gardai with a knife. All these people screaming "they should have shot him in the leg" need to f**k off as only those there present at the time can make the assessment. Police the world over are trained to shoot for the mass as it's the most effective way to ensure less collateral damage. This isn't Hollywood.

Equally, the investigation should determine whether deployment of potentially lethal force was truly necessary and whether or not any bias (race, mental health) had any impact on the decision to deploy that force.

Twitter is full of idiots crying about this being Ireland's George Floyd moment. For all their faults, and there are many, the Gardai do not have a history of indiscriminately and disproportionally killing black people.

trailer

Guy got what he deserved. Went at armed Gardai with a knife. The situation had escalated and the Gardai had attempted non lethal resolutions. In a city with extremely high levels of violent crime I think the Gardai should be praised. 

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on December 31, 2020, 10:20:56 AM
Guy got what he deserved. Went at armed Gardai with a knife. The situation had escalated and the Gardai had attempted non lethal resolutions. In a city with extremely high levels of violent crime I think the Gardai should be praised.
I bet you were an RUC fan boy back in the day

sid waddell

Quote from: gallsman on December 31, 2020, 08:18:54 AM
There will be an investigation, as always, and people shouldn't jump to conclusions.

It's very easy for people to dig up old articles and references to the Gardai disarming people carrying knives. It's also very easy to find references to the likes of Mark Hennessy being shot whilst in his car.

George Nkencho was brandishing/wielding/lunging at Gardai with a knife. All these people screaming "they should have shot him in the leg" need to f**k off as only those there present at the time can make the assessment. Police the world over are trained to shoot for the mass as it's the most effective way to ensure less collateral damage. This isn't Hollywood.

Equally, the investigation should determine whether deployment of potentially lethal force was truly necessary and whether or not any bias (race, mental health) had any impact on the decision to deploy that force.

Twitter is full of idiots crying about this being Ireland's George Floyd moment. For all their faults, and there are many, the Gardai do not have a history of indiscriminately and disproportionally killing black people.
I don't think it's Ireland's George Floyd moment but at minimum the Gardai failed in this situation, such situations should not result in a dead person, there were numerous Gardai there and one of him

There were at least six shots and the final shot had a four second gap after the previous one

The video starts with the echo of a shot which happened a second before, when it zooms in, the man's back is to the Gardai and he is facing his own door, then he turns around and lunges

That warrants serious investigation as to whether it was something worse than failure

Milltown Row2

No tasers in the South?

Should it be that a knife situation a taser Should be used ?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

How is it possible to be both tasered and pepper sprayed and still keeping going?
This is type of bullshit that the all lives matter brigade spew. I take it you haven't seen the video. Stevie wonder could have shot him in the leg

gallsman

Quote from: sid waddell on December 31, 2020, 10:44:34 AM
I don't think it's Ireland's George Floyd moment but at minimum the Gardai failed in this situation, such situations should not result in a dead person, there were numerous Gardai there and one of him

There were at least six shots and the final shot had a four second gap after the previous one

This may well end up being the case but until you are in possession of all the facts you cannot make this claim surely.

He was shot three times. How many guards fired? How many officers hit him? Did the guard he went for reasonably fear for his life or that of others and fire at him? Did another guard fear for the life of his colleague or others and fire at him?

The number of guards there is completely irrelevant if numbers alone were not sufficient to remove the threat to life.

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on December 31, 2020, 10:53:26 AM
How is it possible to be both tasered and pepper sprayed and still keeping going?
This is type of bullshit that the all lives matter brigade spew. I take it you haven't seen the video. Stevie wonder could have shot him in the leg

And your bullshit is the type Nazis and SF and the DUP the Tories and Labour and Trumpites and Israel spew etc etc etc. I can make wild accusations with no basis in fact either.

You're missing the point or, I suspect, deliberately ignoring it. They are specifically TRAINED to shoot at the mass as it gives a greater likelihood of a successful hit and lessen the threat of collateral damage. Shoot him in the leg you say? Have you heard of the femoral artery? They should probably shoot him in the leg but also make the calculation to figure out where exactly to shoot him so as not to hit any blood vessels I guess.

Gmac

Quote from: general_lee on December 31, 2020, 10:53:26 AM
the cops or civilians lives don't matter according to your logic they should let a knife wielding mentally unstable person assault people and wander the streets brandishing a knife , the Gardaí at the scene wanted to go home to their families after work not be in hospital with stab wounds or dead .
Independent ie have a very different slant on this than if it took place in the us for example . RTÉ and them are pretty much state propaganda at this stage .