Kerry
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Galway
Ros
Armagh
Monaghan.
I presume regionalisation would put thUlsters together?

Sincere congrats btw. I used to think the sheepophiles could do nothing else except chasing managers out of the county and fight among themselves as well disputes/accusations over CB money going awol.
Ye seem to have got yer act together in recent times and, with limited resources, you are punching above yer weight.

With the players Roscommon currently have available to them division 1 is very much the weight they should be punching in.

What managers was chased out? Maughan, Carr chased many of the better players out of the county teams and then both jumped ship midway through Div 2 campaign. John Evans was replaced after losing to Sligo and Fermanagh in the championship.
A back handedish compliment from Lar ::)
Des Newton left after a disastrous one  year.
McStay still lives among us. Like his fellow army men he had a penchant for dumping better players.

God knows whether there will be a full NFL or just some regionalised thing in 2021.
Maughan, Carr and Newton, that's three for starters. To say Newton was a disaster is being very kind to kim.
That's four and counting....
Fergie was next for the guillotine. He stepped down and brought two of his selectors with him.
I think that's five, would you agree? ;D
To say McStay still lives among you means he's a very brave, or foolish, man.
He got out in time before he was Maughaned outa the county. At least that's what his sidekick told me.
So I think if f**king out  managers out was an olympic sport, Ross would be up to its collective arse in gold medals.  ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

We're only in the halfpenny place to ye hoors.
Remember Connelly and whoever not to mention Micky Moran, best manager he ever had dumped so JO'M could get elected a TD and lose to Sligo and Longford😂😂

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

So long Div2, I wish I could predict a quick return but I really dont think so. We as a county look to have totally squandered our 4 in a row U21 teams and we are now back where we started 10 years ago. Very depressing and the only thing I can predict for Cavan is a heavy defeat next weekend against the old enemy.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2020, 08:29:15 PM
Remember Connelly and whoever not to mention Micky Moran, best manager he ever had dumped so JO'M could get elected a TD and lose to Sligo and Longford😂😂

Don't forget Brian McDonald, pushed after he had the players pushing cars and jumping for imaginary footballs. Was it Anthony Finerty who ran off to the dressing room to get his gloves. And Lar complaining about the treatment of McStay. At least Roscommon gave him the chance to manage and he remains the last Mayonan to train a Connacht final winning team, and he also holds an all-Ireland medal from managing a Roscommon club team. I'd say he has few regrets. Anyway I'd expect Mayo to be right back up. They  are a good bunch of lads in Div 2, passionate about their football - but only Mayo look a cert.

Rudi

At least we gave McStay a chance, wasn't considered good enough for Mayo. Brian McDonald was actually a strength and conditioning coach, ahead of his time ;D.

On the topic itself,  Armagh deservedly gone up, although made hard work of Clare. Cavan should have ran us over in the last 15mins, missed some amount of chances, in truth we were very good in the first 50 mins but awful in the last 25. I think Cavan have much more to offer than Laois, Westmeath and Clare, something not right when the best players dont make themselves available,  we've been there. Poor auld Fermanagh gone to.
Mayo will be back up with 1 from Meath or Cork, more than likely Meath.

Lar Naparka

That, my good friend, is a complete and utter non sequitur!
(A load of bollix to you and me.)
We are talking about Roscommon, the home of sheep and shaggers and not Mayo, home of the free and the land of the brave.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: weareros on October 25, 2020, 09:18:50 PM

Don't forget Brian McDonald, pushed after he had the players pushing cars and jumping for imaginary footballs. Was it Anthony Finerty who ran off to the dressing room to get his gloves. And Lar complaining about the treatment of McStay. At least Roscommon gave him the chance to manage and he remains the last Mayonan to train a Connacht final winning team, and he also holds an all-Ireland medal from managing a Roscommon club team. I'd say he has few regrets. Anyway I'd expect Mayo to be right back up. They  are a good bunch of lads in Div 2, passionate about their football - but only Mayo look a cert.
Hint: We are talking about Roscommon; Mayo doesn't come into the discussion.

weareros

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 25, 2020, 10:36:59 PM
Quote from: weareros on October 25, 2020, 09:18:50 PM

Hint: We are talking about Roscommon; Mayo doesn't come into the discussion.

Well, it does if the Mayo Pot calls the Roscommon Kettle black.

Rossfan

Mayo definitely do come into the discussion
Division 2 team Division 2 thread.
Ros now a D1 team.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 12:25:49 AM
Mayo definitely do come into the discussion
Division 2 team Division 2 thread.
Ros now a D1 team.

Feck off RF, Division 2 teams only. Welcome back Down and Meath, traditionalists in this Division.
#newbridgeornowhere