The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 01, 2017, 11:45:51 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2017, 11:28:40 PM
Why you want to finish in the top 4 I dunno. CL football means fook all unless you have a chance of winning it. Look at Spurs this year. You're best out of it unless you've a squad capable of winning it.
Did Leicester City's champions league journey mean fook at all? Champions league nights in Anfield is what many Liverpool supporters love and I would expect Liverpool to give a better account of themselves in next seasons champions league than spurs did this year.

Liverpool are bigger than that. As for finances, that's a fallacy. Players will head to China for money if it's worth more for a CL run.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 01, 2017, 11:36:01 PM
Why you want to finish in the top 4 I dunno. CL football means fook all unless you have a chance of winning it. Look at Spurs this year. You're best out of it unless you've a squad capable of winning it.

It's a double edged sword. Because the only way you can improve your squad with quality players is the offer of Champions League football.

Nope. Doesn't happen. Chelsea weren't in the CL this season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Chelsea had the players, just a bad manager cost them champions league last year.  They could also offer massive wages which Liverpool can't/won't pay.

gawa316

Plus we don't have a sugar daddy's pot of gold...quite the opposite. They won't spend unless it's coming in the other end first

gawa316

GalwayBayBoy

Don't think it's a big deal being in or out of the CL for the likes of United or City as they can spend a fortune on transfer fees and wages anyway. For Liverpool though the extra income will come in very handy in terms of buying new players and maybe even attracting some new players. The Manchester clubs can just go yeah we don't have CL football but sure we'll give you an extra 100K a week to make up for it.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Stallion on May 01, 2017, 10:33:33 PM
A good goal can't disguise yet another awful performance under Klopp.

All that matters at this stage of the season is the result. Feck the performance.

Didn't even think the performance was that bad considering there's no Mane and Coutinho went off after 10 minutes. Watford barely had a sniff until they hit the bar in injury time. Liverpool usually get criticised for not being able to grind out results away from home. Can't have it both ways.

Esmarelda

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 02, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

All that matters at this stage of the season is the result. Feck the performance.

Didn't even think the performance was that bad considering there's no Mane and Coutinho went off after 10 minutes. Watford barely had a sniff until they hit the bar in injury time. Liverpool usually get criticised for not being able to grind out results away from home. Can't have it both ways.
Of course you can. You just type it on a discussion board to entice people to reply.

stew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 02, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

[/quot
e]

Stallion you are begining to look more like a donkey at this stage, Klopp has them on the cusp of the CL and you keep slabbering about how bad Klopp is, catch yourself on kid.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

Rodgers was manager when they almost won the League, he was a poor manager too. Finishing top 4 doesn't mean he's a good manager.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: The Stallion on May 03, 2017, 06:37:37 AM
Rodgers was manager when they almost won the League, he was a poor manager too. Finishing top 4 doesn't mean he's a good manager.

I think if klopp had Suarez and less injuries to key players they could be winning premierships
But sure you would never consider that
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

The Stallion

I think if almost anyone had Suarez and no iniuries that season they could have won the Premiership.

Dire Ear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39798739
New stand to be named after Dalglish,  Ronnie Moran I would have thought???

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 03, 2017, 05:58:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39798739
New stand to be named after Dalglish,  Ronnie Moran I would have thought???

It's not the new stand. The stand that was redeveloped is the Main Stand. The stand that is going to be named after Kenny is the Centeneray Stand. It was redeveloped in the early '90's

quit yo jibbajabba

can we merge this with the "proof there is no god" thread  :-\ :o