Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

I'd say the resort of Tignes are disgusted with how it panned out

JimStynes

What's happening today then? Talk that a race might not even take place

markl121

disappointing end to a great tour. Would have been a fairytale for alaphillipe but not to be. Getting a little sick of sky/ineos. Next year they have froome, thomas, bernal, carapaz as well as a ridiculous amount of domestiques. untouchable.

grounded

Yes really dissappointing end to a very exciting tour. Given how the final 2 days of clumbing went i cant see how AP could have retained the yellow jersey. I suppose the main question is would thomas have caught Bernal if the stage hadnt have been stopped.
      Anyway Bernal is some talent. Movistar had the talent to contest but their tactics were bizarre.

grounded

Funny, we were talking about drivers before, but some cyclists take serious risks. On saturday i seen a cylist drafting a tractor( with a grape attached) on the A1 Just before Hillsborough. One sharp brake from being impaled.

JimStynes

Quote from: grounded on July 30, 2019, 09:57:47 AM
Funny, we were talking about drivers before, but some cyclists take serious risks. On saturday i seen a cylist drafting a tractor( with a grape attached) on the A1 Just before Hillsborough. One sharp brake from being impaled.

Absolute madness. Cringing even thinking of it.

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on July 30, 2019, 10:18:12 AM

And then put in a claim against the tractor driver :-(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on July 30, 2019, 11:21:10 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 30, 2019, 10:18:12 AM

And then put in a claim against the tractor driver :-(

Might be a bit of consolation to your family but you're brown bread if one of those spikes go through you.

bennydorano

Doing the Majorca 312 next April, booked the trip for a week already. Torn between taking my own bike & bike hire, I'm mainly afraid of a bike hire place double booking the bike and leaving me in the lurch (as 9,000 do the 312 sportive). Looking at Bimont bike hire in Port Alcudia, looks vg. Anyone done the event or used Bimont? If I'm hiring I'm booking shortly.

Orior

Is the cycle path well marked when cycling through Newry from the Canal towpath to Warrenpoint?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on July 30, 2019, 12:47:38 PM
Doing the Majorca 312 next April, booked the trip for a week already. Torn between taking my own bike & bike hire, I'm mainly afraid of a bike hire place double booking the bike and leaving me in the lurch (as 9,000 do the 312 sportive). Looking at Bimont bike hire in Port Alcudia, looks vg. Anyone done the event or used Bimont? If I'm hiring I'm booking shortly.

Take your own bike definitely!

bennydorano

Seems like a big pain in the hole to me tho, bike box to & from Airport with a Suitcase etc.. when all costs are considered bike hire is the dearer option but a lot less hassle - assuming the bike hire place doesn't screw me over!

markl121

I hired from heurzler cycles in May for me and the girlfriend, 100 Euro each for the week although I think the April prices are dearer. Anyway I had a great experience with them no hassle at all and they have shops everywhere.

bennydorano

What Resort is that in? We're in Playa Muro but close to Alcudia, Can Picafort.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on July 30, 2019, 01:19:37 PM
Seems like a big pain in the hole to me tho, bike box to & from Airport with a Suitcase etc.. when all costs are considered bike hire is the dearer option but a lot less hassle - assuming the bike hire place doesn't screw me over!

If it was a week's cycling with mates then I'd say rent but for an event like that I'd recommend taking your own bike. But i understand that it is a pain in the ass all the same.