?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2024, 10:48:54 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 01, 2024, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2024, 02:13:45 AMIf the offside 'handball' was given, why did the ref make the keeper take a wide ball kick rather than a free kick?
The offside wasn't flagged and i just assumed the ref didn't see the handball as he was on the blind side or didn't think it worthy therefore the wide ball kick. It's a moot point because had the ref blown for apenalty,var would have intervened to make the offside call. VAR probably checked the offside anyway.  The ref did well, but did miss a blatant 2nd yellow for a Celt, Var checked the incident but decided it wasnt a straight red challenge,therefore the player got away with it.

There just was a bitta confusion on it, the offside was the main call that wasn't given.

It was a handball and if it wasn't a non penalty handball it was a corner.

To back up what you said I thought the ref overall in a game like that was very good
Then the ref was totally blindsided and didn't see the handball.

Aaron Boone

Momentum maintained with solid win v St Mirren this evening. Brendan in a happier spot compared to pre-Christmas. 

bennydorano

Hatate & Abada coming back from injury, Bernardo starting to look like a player too, hopefully a corner has been turned.

No1

Reo looked very upset after the match last night, not sure what that was all about?  Things looking up but definitely need a couple of areas strengthened in January.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bennydorano on January 02, 2024, 08:28:24 PMHatate & Abada coming back from injury, Bernardo starting to look like a player too, hopefully a corner has been turned.

Impressed with Bernardo of late. the run of games has started to help him and hes really starting to flourish in there. That being said its good to see Reo back again on the pitch.
hurl like f**k boi!

No1

Atlético Madrid looking at O'Riley apparently.  Would be a huge loss.  Pretty underwhelming transfer window so far.

toby47

Initial loan with obligation to buy in the summer. Would be a huge blow to Celtic, who have already had an underwhelming transfer window this far.

Itchy

WHy would Celtic possibly want to loan out O Riley. That makes no sense. Might make sense if Athletico were buying him outright, but a loan??

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2024, 01:48:21 PMWHy would Celtic possibly want to loan out O Riley. That makes no sense. Might make sense if Athletico were buying him outright, but a loan??

if they loan him out then the game is up

illdecide

Not happening lads, calm down. Although nothing would surprise with that Board, BR issued a statement there saying it's not happening in Jan but 100% certainty it will in the summer. We still need a CF as a priority, LB too but Greg Taylor is good enough for Scotland and will get us thru to the summer where we will 100% need him replaced. CF is a must as big Ohh doesn't look like he's gonna step up and we're 1 injury away with Kyogo with a disaster. Board are gambling with £60m and if it backfires on them there will be hell to pay with them nutt case fans over there
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on January 25, 2024, 05:28:30 PMNot happening lads, calm down. Although nothing would surprise with that Board, BR issued a statement there saying it's not happening in Jan but 100% certainty it will in the summer. We still need a CF as a priority, LB too but Greg Taylor is good enough for Scotland and will get us thru to the summer where we will 100% need him replaced. CF is a must as big Ohh doesn't look like he's gonna step up and we're 1 injury away with Kyogo with a disaster. Board are gambling with £60m and if it backfires on them there will be hell to pay with them nutt case fans over there

Doesn't matter what the fans do or say, the board couldn't care less.

Lawell is a joke - i mean he left a few years ago and now he's slithered his way back in.

This is their methodology: Buy a few 'project' players and flog them on e.g. O'Reilly.

Unfortunately, 90% of their players they bring in are poor. They can't even scout right.

I mean who thought in fairness, after all his injuries, that James Mc Carthy would be good for Celtic?
A 10 year old could have said don't buy him as he's always injured ffs.

Usual story will probably be get a loan at 11pm on transfer day deadline.  It'll be uninspiring.

Not sure who their scouts are but you'd think they'd have a list of 5 players they build a profile on, watch them, find out about their characteretc. and get one or two of them into Celtic.  This month, or in the summer even. 

illdecide

The club really are in a mess, this transfer window has been and currently is a shambles. No disrespect the Irish man Adam Idah but he's not what we're looking for or need right now. Shows you that Norwich are getting the guy we wanted and they're giving us the guy the don't want. I'll be happy to come on here and put my hands up if Adam proves me wrong but I'm sorry but can't see that happening.
We have needed a LB and CF more than ever and that's been the case for a while and with £70m in the bank we can't achieve this, I know the January transfer window is harder to get the players in as clubs are reluctant to let players go this time of year but put another zero on your offer and you'll get whoever u want (especially our level of shopping). We are one step away from falling behind in this poxy league and Celtic look the more likely to drop pts than them rats...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

The window has been abysmal. There is no other way to put it

GTP

There have been very few transfers in Scotland or England, so the lack of movement is not just restricted to Celtic. The current players need to find a bt of creativitty and their scoring boots to get over the line this season.
I would expect another defender to arrive if CCV is injured again but doubt it will be anyone to get excited about.

No1

Don't know what Idah brings that big Oh doesn't already (which isn't much imo)!  Need a left back as we've all said but I don't know who is out there that has the quality Celtic want and is willing to come.  Performance against Ross County last week was not good and to add into the negative column the pitch is in an awful state.  I'd say the manager is having second thoughts about his return, never mind what the fans think about his return!