Talkback

Started by Doogie Browser, August 11, 2009, 11:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

I see that the Beeb have moved David Dunseith aside in favour of Wendy Austin of all people!  Just don't think it will be as good anymore, I have always admired Dunseith as a broadcaster and think he is excellent on Talkback, very fair.  Plus it was always a good laugh hearing the knobheads making an ass of themselves during the phone-ins!
Another example of BBC ageism?   Wendy is no spring chicken herself in fairness though.

Lecale2

David is 75. Let the man have some peace in his old age.

Ellie84

David was brilliant at what he did, his character was perfect for talkback. His boots will be very hard to fill

ziggysego

The thinking man's Stephen Nolan  :D

I used to like listening to Talkback whenever I got the chance. Was a lot of good debates on it.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Ellie84 on August 11, 2009, 12:26:19 PM
David was brilliant at what he did, his character was perfect for talkback. His boots will be very hard to fill

David?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Ellie84

Yes pints, what topic would you like to explore today?

5 Sams

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 11, 2009, 11:43:28 AM
I see that the Beeb have moved David Dunseith aside in favour of Wendy Austin of all people!  Just don't think it will be as good anymore, I have always admired Dunseith as a broadcaster and think he is excellent on Talkback, very fair.  Plus it was always a good laugh hearing the knobheads making an ass of themselves during the phone-ins!
Another example of BBC ageism?   Wendy is no spring chicken herself in fairness though.

That's like replacing John O'Keeffe with Francie Bellew....weird move???

Excellent presenter about to be replaced with as she would say "eh....erm.....aaahh....mmmmmm....ehhh..."....someone who's out of her depth unless she's interviewing primary school children.
The Aristocrat Years

Eoghan Mag

Who and who? Grand waste of a post.

5 Sams

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on August 12, 2009, 12:45:17 AM
Who and who? Grand waste of a post.

Assuming you're from the free state Eoghan it would be like John Bowman being replaced by Twink....
The Aristocrat Years

gerry

jim wells today crying about gaa bag packing in a supermarket.  debate going on for the last 30 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_ulster
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

snippets

Arsehole
I wonder does he epouse the big society model of community volunteerism, or has he an alternative for "his people that he represents" that does as much for society as the GAA.  No because like so many he couldnt be bothered if he wasnt getting paid for it.   Another sad attempt to politicize the GAA from a unionist politician. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Sandino

I doubt that Wendy was too vigorous in her challenging of Jim. IMHO she is a very poor broadcaster who is way out of her depth in a flagship show like Talkback.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

spiritof91and94

Quote from: snippets on August 23, 2011, 12:44:30 PM
Arsehole
I wonder does he epouse the big society model of community volunteerism, or has he an alternative for "his people that he represents" that does as much for society as the GAA.  No because like so many he couldnt be bothered if he wasnt getting paid for it.   Another sad attempt to politicize the GAA from a unionist politician.

a good charity would be the presbyterian mutual society who spunked their money on bad investments!!!!!!
the man is out of control.

5 Sams

William Crawley after making a complete p***k of himself...he had Cal Thomas on talking about the inauguration and he interrupted him with a typical inane comment when Thomas was trying to make a valid point...Thomas lost it and basically told him to stick his programme up his hole and hung up. ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

JoG2

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 20, 2017, 02:02:40 PM
William Crawley after making a complete p***k of himself...he had Cal Thomas on talking about the inauguration and he interrupted him with a typical inane comment when Thomas was trying to make a valid point...Thomas lost it and basically told him to stick his programme up his hole and hung up. ;D ;D

;D

The same right wing republican chap Matt Cooper has on?!