Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

I believe their may have been variations along the original boundary here

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 23, 2019, 01:32:36 AM
I believe their may have been variations along the original boundary here

There were three candidates for the partition of Ireland rather summarily drawn up, with the current abomination* as the chosen one; that despite earnest promises from Britain that the Boundary Commission's findings would be implemented, but her perfidy soon put paid to that plan.

* Any incarnation of partition is actually an abomination.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2019, 07:40:56 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 22, 2019, 07:31:36 PM
Don't know about that.. look at the Fermanagh border around the lakes. Strangest bordering layout u could get.
Would that (county) border not have been drawn up long before the partition of Ireland?

Yup. Those lines were only ever intended as local government boundaries. Partition was seen as a temporary measure, so they probably didn't think it would matter much.

BennyCake

I seriously doubt the Brits looked at partition as temporary.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on March 24, 2019, 09:31:29 PM
I seriously doubt the Brits looked at partition as temporary.

+1

Baile Brigín 2

Yesterday's article on the Dubs has to go down as the most turgidly boring thing I have ever read.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 06, 2019, 08:11:26 AM
Yesterday's article on the Dubs has to go down as the most turgidly boring thing I have ever read.

Agree. Read the first half then quit.

RedHand88

He's completely losing the run of himself over on Twitter. Entering into the sort of territory that could get him in hot water with his employers.

oliverkelly

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2019, 11:57:20 PM
He's completely losing the run of himself over on Twitter. Entering into the sort of territory that could get him in hot water with his employers.

Cant see his tweets as he has me blocked but he is off his head. A complete and utter gobshite

trileacman

He's on the brink of a mc kennaesque breakdown.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ck

Why, what did he say?

As far as I know he's a self employed barrister and is a millionaire. He'll have no concerns about any repercussions.

t_mac

Quote from: ck on August 07, 2019, 09:36:27 AM

Why, what did he say?

As far as I know he's a self employed barrister and is a millionaire. He'll have no concerns about any repercussions.

I think his views on GAA matches on Sky or other pay-per-view platforms are spot on.

five points

That started a long time ago. Last year I poked gentle fun at him and he responded with a string of expletives.

RedHand88

Why, what did he say?

The GAA have sold their soul by giving sky backdoor games and 2 super 8 games. Anyone who questions it gets a string of expletive insults in response.

oakleaflad

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2019, 10:06:02 AM

Why, what did he say?

The GAA have sold their soul by giving sky backdoor games and 2 super 8 games. Anyone who questions it gets a string of expletive insults in response.
I think he's right