Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 16, 2020, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 16, 2020, 10:11:10 AM
Jesus Joe really gets under the skin of men here lads. I've met him a few times, in a footballing capacity I thought he was sound.

TV is TV. He's playing a character, something he openly admits. Sometimes he irritates me, sometimes I actually agree with him but I don't think he's worth 300 odd pages of back and forth.

This isn't Eastenders, it's supposed to be experts offering an expert opinion.

As its doing the rounds on twitter, as stated by the immortal Eamon "We're in showbiz, baby".

Eire90

Dunphy and Brolly rte agenda was against them.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 02:51:32 PM
Dunphy and Brolly rte agenda was against them.

Ah I liked them both, you just have to have the ability to be able to tune out when you know they are on one. I mean really, nobody actually really tunes in for pre/intra/post match chat, you just happen to have free time when they are on.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 11:05:59 AM
What he said on otb was great.He said the inter county season should be 3 or 4 months and that would give the chance for country players to play for their clubs.

Gilroy and that other clown were fawning over Brolly on OTB. It was embarrassing. Joe might want to play a character and entertain the masses from his pulpit in the TV studio but he doesn't appreciate that what he says has real life consequences. For all his ranting about RTE wanting to place more emphasis on statistics that isn't why he's no longer working there.

He got the sack because of repeated personal attacks, such as the Cavanagh incident or his comments about David Gough at half time of the final. Joe might think that these are a bit of fun but it can't be nice for these guys having to go to work the following day after comments like those on national TV. RTE were correct to clamp down on it and I thought it was embarrassing that the OTB guys failed to challenge him on his rhetoric

screenexile

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 16, 2020, 03:35:46 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 11:05:59 AM
What he said on otb was great.He said the inter county season should be 3 or 4 months and that would give the chance for country players to play for their clubs.

Gilroy and that other clown were fawning over Brolly on OTB. It was embarrassing. Joe might want to play a character and entertain the masses from his pulpit in the TV studio but he doesn't appreciate that what he says has real life consequences. For all his ranting about RTE wanting to place more emphasis on statistics that isn't why he's no longer working there.

He got the sack because of repeated personal attacks, such as the Cavanagh incident or his comments about David Gough at half time of the final. Joe might think that these are a bit of fun but it can't be nice for these guys having to go to work the following day after comments like those on national TV. RTE were correct to clamp down on it and I thought it was embarrassing that the OTB guys failed to challenge him on his rhetoric

If the lads in question have gotten over it why can't you??!!

Silver hill

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 08:41:48 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 15, 2020, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 06:28:46 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:59:52 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:31:38 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 12:34:00 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 15, 2020, 12:28:32 PM
Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.
The state of you Tyrone boys and Joe Brolly  ;D

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

Yeah, covered under' vindictive'. You Tyrone boys are obsessed with Brolly

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

Brolly is a very generous and benevolent person as shown by giving a kidney to save a life and all the work he does for organ donation. He's really passionate about football but hates cheating and defensive crap football. Hence why Tyrone have come in for a lot of criticism from him. He calls it as it is though and he will be missed on rte.

Nope, he peddles blatant mistruths to further his agenda and it can be extremely vindictive and nasty too. I won't divulge much into his personal life but you can probably find a lot of answers there too.

So much hatred, poison and obsession. Such a cheap shot to leave hanging. Haters are gonna hate... Tyronies need to let it go.

Angelo

Quote from: Silver hill on January 16, 2020, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 08:41:48 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 15, 2020, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 06:28:46 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:59:52 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:31:38 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 12:34:00 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 15, 2020, 12:28:32 PM
Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.
The state of you Tyrone boys and Joe Brolly  ;D

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

Yeah, covered under' vindictive'. You Tyrone boys are obsessed with Brolly

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

Brolly is a very generous and benevolent person as shown by giving a kidney to save a life and all the work he does for organ donation. He's really passionate about football but hates cheating and defensive crap football. Hence why Tyrone have come in for a lot of criticism from him. He calls it as it is though and he will be missed on rte.

Nope, he peddles blatant mistruths to further his agenda and it can be extremely vindictive and nasty too. I won't divulge much into his personal life but you can probably find a lot of answers there too.

So much hatred, poison and obsession. Such a cheap shot to leave hanging. Haters are gonna hate... Tyronies need to let it go.

Brolly is the expert in hatred, poison and obsession. I think the guy should look at his own life before moralising and pontificating about others.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JoG2

Brolly puts his real name to what he writes

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on January 16, 2020, 06:38:10 PM

A pity he wouldn't put real names to the stories he fabricates when he does a hatchet on individuals in the GAA.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2020, 06:56:03 PM

A pity he wouldn't put real names to the stories he fabricates when he does a hatchet on individuals in the GAA.

Angelo you're more obsessed with brolly than piers morgan is about meghan markle. I know meghan shot piers down once but what did brolly do to you that you're taking it so personally?

dublin7

Its a bit scary the anger/hatred some posters have for Brolly.

I watched his interview on OTB on youtube and enjoyed it. Agree totally with him in terms of shortening inter county season. Clearly doesn't take himself too serious and looking forward to seeing him on Eir

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2020, 07:17:27 PM

Angelo you're more obsessed with brolly than piers morgan is about meghan markle. I know meghan shot piers down once but what did brolly do to you that you're taking it so personally?

It's bizarre the way the Derry lads are rallying around Brolly after he has being outed as a self-obsessed, narcissistic hypocrite.

I don't take anything that Brolly did personally. I just judge him on his actions and words and they don't convey him as a very pleasant man.

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2020, 07:48:34 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2020, 07:17:27 PM

It's bizarre the way the Derry lads are rallying around Brolly after he has being outed as a self-obsessed, narcissistic hypocrite.

I don't take anything that Brolly did personally. I just judge him on his actions and words and they don't convey him as a very pleasant man.

But but but but he donated a kidney so that automatically excuses from anything he says and he's supposedly only 'playing a character' on tv.

MayoBuck

Personally I couldn't stand Brolly on the Sunday Game. He made it extremely difficult for other pundits to have their say, constantly cutting across them and interrupting the presenters as well. It made for very uncomfortable viewing. That's before you get into his bizarre spiteful rants against mcgeeney, Cavanagh, gough's red card decision and many others. RTE is better for his absence.

The likes of today's off the ball is fine where he can just talk away on his own without anyone challenging his nonsense.

yellowcard

Some people take him far too seriously. He is a contradictory figure who I find myself loving and hating in equal measures but you never really know what you are going to get from him. A TV studio with limited speaking time does not suit Brolly at all, I found him much more engaging and less irritable in a podcast/radio format where he can just bladder away freely. He doesn't like being challenged and it is why the Sunday Game format increasingly did not suit him especially after Michael Lyster retired.

What happened Hugh Cahill on 2FM, thought he was a very good host of Game On on 2FM but he seems to have disappeared off the airwaves and the show hasn't been the same since.