Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

T Fearon

Brutal but what do you expect with the Burnley side mainly

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2017, 09:11:31 PM
Brutal but what do you expect with the Burnley side mainly

Burnley would stuff georgia. Its the mentality with the irish team. Even Arter who can play cant pass in a green shirt. Wales now 1 up so bad day just got worse

omagh_gael

I can definitely see us throwing away the play off spot at this stage. We could easily get beat on Tuesday night. The Welsh look like they're on a mission tonight and they play Moldova next. If we lose v Serbia and the Welsh beat Moldova they'll be on 14 points and we'll be on 13. They play Georgia away the night we play Moldova at home before our final game in Wales.

After that dung today I'd only be confident of picking up points v Moldova.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 02, 2017, 09:30:46 PM
I can definitely see us throwing away the play off spot at this stage. We could easily get beat on Tuesday night. The Welsh look like they're on a mission tonight and they play Moldova next. If we lose v Serbia and the Welsh beat Moldova they'll be on 14 points and we'll be on 13. They play Georgia away the night we play Moldova at home before our final game in Wales.

After that dung today I'd only be confident of picking up points v Moldova.

Not good at all and basically our only good result against austria has been matched by serbia and wales. Austria are out so will likely roll over for serbia. Today could be the beginning of the end for O'Neill. We have done a Scotland

T Fearon

Wales set for maximum points away to Moldova,Georgia and home against Ireland,which will guarantee at least second place.

omagh_gael

The tactics today were utterly baffling, complete bollix. The Welsh looked deadly against Austria and should have put 4 past them. We bagged a jammy draw against them in Dublin.

JPGJOHNNYG

Just to add second in the group might not even get us into the playoffs.

JPGJOHNNYG

Shame the welsh game wasnt on  before our game to show the irish players how to play. Austria were good in the first half and wales were fantastc in the second. We were great for the first 3 minutes lol

galwayman

Wales play football.
We play hoofball.
That's why they'll overtake us in the group.
Hoofball will get you some ground out results when luck goes your way.
But without playing creatively you won't create enough chances on a consistent basis to get the wins needed to top groups.
I look forward to the day when we appoint a manager who actually encourages the players to pass the ball and be creative.

stew

Quote from: galwayman on September 02, 2017, 09:55:21 PM
Wales play football.
We play hoofball.
That's why they'll overtake us in the group.
Hoofball will get you some ground out results when luck goes your way.
But without playing creatively you won't create enough chances on a consistent basis to get the wins needed to top groups.
I look forward to the day when we appoint a manager who actually encourages the players to pass the ball and be creative.

Well said, I hope Wales catch the south if this is the best O'Neill can do, the business of Ireland hanging on to a slender lead is an embarrassment and has to be soul destroying for creative players.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

He hasn't got the players,simple as that.Also he hasn't been the same confident manager since he was sacked (prematurely) by Sunderland.I have followed Martin O'Neill's career avidly since I saw him score two goals for Distillery against Glenavon in the Irish Cup in Lurgan in 1971. He has had a phenomenal career at the top level as a player and a manager.However I think it may be coming to an end as he approaches his late 60s.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2017, 09:39:43 PM
Wales set for maximum points away to Moldova,Georgia and home against Ireland,which will guarantee at least second place.

Not a chance in hell win the last three games, you boys really know how to exaggerate in the moment!

rodney trotter

Liam Brady fairly changing his tune, from defending the poor football under trapattoni and not playing Wes. Fibe years later and Hoolahan at 35 is the saviour.

stew

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 03, 2017, 08:08:25 AM
Liam Brady fairly changing his tune, from defending the poor football under trapattoni and not playing Wes. Fibe years later and Hoolahan at 35 is the saviour.

Not true, they mentioned his age, that said I am absolutely perplexed by Keane, he is part of this team that has these boys playing crazy gang football in the modern era, O'Neill should be ashamed of himself as should Keane, they need to beat Serbia and they are not going to do that playing the shite football they played against the mighty Georgia.

They can do it, they are capable of it but if they get a lead again and sit back they can f**k off, I would rather they failed to reach the playoffs or the WC proper than see them on the world stage playing that dirge!