Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaamann

Dreadful action from a Annaclone player tonight, what a cowardly thing to do no place for it on a football field disgraceful.

rosskarr

Quote from: gaamann on May 29, 2015, 11:49:54 PM
Dreadful action from a Annaclone player tonight, what a cowardly thing to do no place for it on a football field disgraceful.
Tell us all please

Hedgehunter

I'm led to believe it was caught on Camera..

gaamann

Don't know about the camera but if it is he may pray the player is ok unprovoked attack from the blind side.

Hedgehunter

Definately... It was a disgusting cowardly act and then acted like an absolute coward afterwards again.

supersub

Anyone want to provide any more information than that?

Hedgehunter

A closed fist assault by an Annaclone man on a young Glenn man on the blindside of the referee.. The aggressor was running past the young fella and done him.. He's a well known player and is/was an underage Referee in the county... Says plenty about him.

gaamann

Hedgehunter any word on the player who was assaulted last night heard today he had a broken jaw any truth in it

Hedgehunter

I haven't heard anything since..

one day

See the Point ran Burren close on Friday night, good young squad.

pauly2

Was at the Kilcoo v Ballyholland game on friday night.  Some people who like to be heard might call it a tactical masterclass, others might call it david v goliath ending in a draw but any honest person would call it diabolical.  If this is the standard of coaching in our senior club teams then we are in trouble.  Yes you may say - should Ballyholland play like Longford yesterday and just roll over and let Kilcoo destroy them? Or should they have their players coached correctly to play the game?   What we see is - When we dont have the ball - 13 of yas run like hell into our defence and make it difficult for them to find their key forwards, make it difficult for them to find space and make it difficult for them to keep possession with tackles - when we get the ball - you 7 bomb forward off the shoulder and keep the ball - work it to our scorers and if we hit the target enough - we will stay in the game.
Or
This is how to defend, this is how to tackle, this is how to compete, this is what to do with the ball when we turnover possession and you have a number of your teammates ahead of you.  Taking the ball first time is key, moving the ball accurately is key, supporting the play if needed is key.  Its easy to talk about Corofin, Crossmaglen, St Brigids etc as they have beent at the top of the pile - but surely we can learn something from them. 
Kilcoo miss and need their county players (there are probably one or two too many on the panel anyhow) playing regularly to make strides in the championship this year.  they face the in form team in the county in the first round - but then again 2 years ago Burren were blazing a trail in front of themselves and won nothing...

terrifictommy

Remeber each time below where you think im defending the action read this - The actions of the Annaclone player was not acceptable and has no place on the field.

But just to add a bit of information regarding the incident. The Glenn player himself was just in the middle of 'assualting' another Annaclone player himself so lets not make this fella a martyr - He was in the wrong too. 2 wrongs dont make a right. All through the game off the ball incidents from Glenn happened, 6 hit out at 11 in one incident 2/3 times, 5 was involved with 12 a few times - Clearly seen from were we were standing. Part of a culture now to stop players playing. Are these classed as any different in terms of their seriousness or is the end result the determining factor?

The game was adondoned because the Glenn management and bench poured onto the field, the actions of their management in attacking players was also conduct which should not be seen on the GAA circuit. It was only at this point where the referee had no alternative but to call a halt to proceedings. I wonder if the video evidence will be produced as all incidents need dealt with and clubs should both complete whatever necessary steps to discipline those involved.

All in all I do hope the man's injury is not as severe as thought and wish him a speedy recovery, football is played for enjoyment not punishment.

elk

Quote from: one day on June 01, 2015, 12:38:26 AM
See the Point ran Burren close on Friday night, good young squad.
Was at the game myself and thought Burren were always just doing enough to edge the game and made good use of a superior bench. The Point on that performance look to have enough to stay up. Thought the referee had a poor game let a lot of stuff go on off the ball that could have turned nasty.Still an entertaining game to watch.

John Martin

Quote from: terrifictommy on June 01, 2015, 11:41:21 AM
Remeber each time below where you think im defending the action read this - The actions of the Annaclone player was not acceptable and has no place on the field.

But just to add a bit of information regarding the incident. The Glenn player himself was just in the middle of 'assualting' another Annaclone player himself so lets not make this fella a martyr - He was in the wrong too. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

That is false. It isn't even a half truth, it is a complete lie.

terrifictommy

John Martin, I didn't see it myself but thats the rumour, we were watching the play which wasnt even close. Whats your thoughts on the rest of my comments, how is the player? I pay to see football like most people, not the scenes I seen there.