Irish international signs for Glasgow Rangers

Started by Dinny Breen, July 24, 2007, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

is a possibility....

Has a GR player ever played for Ireland before?

US-based Republic of Ireland international Joseph Lapira is training with Rangers.

The 20-year-old striker, who plays for the Baton Rouge Capitals, was expected to have a trial with Aberdeen.

However, the Louisiana-born forward, who has an Irish mother, has won the chance to try and win a move to Ibrox.

Lapira was named 'college player of the year' in 2006, following in the footsteps of former Rangers midfielder Claudio Reyna.

He made his international debut in May, when a makeshift Republic of Ireland side drew with Ecuador in New York.
#newbridgeornowhere

Bensars

Heard about this on the radio this morning.

Trial at rangers. If he is signed it will be the first republic of ireland player  in 70 years.

And they say they arent bitter !! ::)

his holiness nb

Didnt the Northern Ireland keeper sign for them too?
Yer man Carroll?
Ask me holy bollix

Balboa

Apparentley he broke down with a calf injury minutes into a trial, either that or he was hit by a sniper.

mannix

Does it make a difference, they play the same shite yeams as celtic do week in week out and pretend to be world beaters as do celtic.This scottish soccer champion title is too easily won by the 2 big clubs and will be like this for many a long day.By the way celtic is a retirement home for washed up players from england, keane only went there to satisfy himself, hartson and the rest went there to feel like superstars because they were finished in england.Much like beckham in LA except he went there for the money and the career he will have after the football.Larsson wasted his career in scotland because he really could have been a bigtime name instead of being a hero in a mini league.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mannix on July 24, 2007, 09:43:16 AM
Does it make a difference, they play the same shite yeams as celtic do week in week out and pretend to be world beaters as do celtic.This scottish soccer champion title is too easily won by the 2 big clubs and will be like this for many a long day.By the way celtic is a retirement home for washed up players from england, keane only went there to satisfy himself, hartson and the rest went there to feel like superstars because they were finished in england.Much like beckham in LA except he went there for the money and the career he will have after the football.Larsson wasted his career in scotland because he really could have been a bigtime name instead of being a hero in a mini league.

Where's the WUM Police when u need em???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mannix

wum?
Its a factual statement,if tyrone and kerry won the last 23 or so allirelands how exciting would it be.
A poor league.

his holiness nb

I have to agree with Mannix, I'm not a soccer fan but even I know its a boring league which never has the possibility of anyone other than Celtic or Rangers winning.
You could say the same with England (Utd and Chelsea) but at least the top two change every few years.
Ask me holy bollix

Onlooker

At least one Irish International has played for Rangers.  Alex Stephenson was capped in the years just after the Second World War, when he was playing for Everton.  He had played for Rangers for many years before that.   As far as I know, he had been capped while playing in the League of Ireland, before being transferred to Rangers, but never played for Ireland while with Rangers.  He was a very well known player in his time, I believe and I am sure that some Rangers fans will have heard of him.  Obviously, I never saw him play, but I have heard about him.   Of course, many Rangers players have played for N.I. over the years.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mannix

Apologies to all celtic fans, enjoy your team and championship,league or whatever other competitions.If you like them you like them and the circumstances of their wins is secondary.
Premiership is similar though liverpool will definetly make it a 3 horse race and its miles better in quality.

red hander

Can't wait to see the Huns' reaction at Ibrox when the kid runs out with lapIRA on the back of his shirt ::)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quotea makeshift Republic of Ireland side

says it all really...
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

clarshack

Quote from: mannix on July 24, 2007, 09:43:16 AM

wonder who you support? man utd?