2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

I like that team, I genuinely believe Boyle and Seale are two massive additions to the panel and definite starters come championship but the man to watch for me this year is Evan O'Carroll . I really think he could be a superstar for us and as the main man in attack he will flourish.

Sugrue has the lads going well in training by all accounts and win ,lose or draw against Down I don't think I've trusted a Laois mgt team to make us the best we can be.

Hospital Pass

It's been ages since i'v posted on here, Actually genuinely looking forward to the league this year.
Strong looking team considering we are missing Healy, Begley and Donie.
Looks like we have genuine options now in the fullback line. I haven't said that in years. Great to see Boyle back.

The new mark system and a full forward line with the 2 kingstons and Evan could be something to look forward to.

I think Down away might be a bridge too far this weekend. Down and Westmeath are probably the 2 best teams in div 3. we have both away.
Realistically a top 3 finish and a fight for promotion is what i'm after.

High Fielder

One or two names I don't like seeing there and I actually think some of our U20's would be better options in some spots. That said, I don't know what availability is like and Sugrue is not someone I distrust, so good luck to the team and I hope it goes well for all involved

BallyroanAbu

I agree with High Fielder, likewise I trust Sugrue to get it right.  Next I will agreeing with Tony ;D,  it's a weird place to be nearly everyone singing from same hymn sheet.  Slightly worrying as I am sure there are flaws but we are all happy to acknowledge and overlook.  Good Luck Laois this weekend

Tony

ha, you never know, ballyroan - stranger things have happened  :D. I think the main reason why people are all backing the setup etc is because we all know the right man is in there at the job. It's been countless years before we all agreed on a manager - maybe micko - and even at that there were a lot of lads saying we could do better. There's a real "feel good factor" around football in laois at the moment, especially given the context of hitting rock bottom and being relegated to div 4 a couple of years ago. It's amazing what a good managerial setup can do for a counties performance. It makes all the difference really. Fellas like Begley, Healy, JOL, Timmons etc, who are coming towards the latter part of their careers deserve a good setup such as this. Sugrue illustrates exactly what we were missing these past years, since McNulty, in my opinion. He's forward thinking, intelligent, proactive and a good man-manager. One cannot but wonder how it would have done had we had decent setups for earlier in this decade. Anyway, onwards and hopefully upwards and looking forward to the 2019 season which really throws in this weekend. Best of luck to all involved for 2019  :)

Laoiseabu

Down have named a very very beatable 15 . Down people aren't confident about their setup so I think we should fancy ourselves tomorrow

Smurfy123

If Laois have anything about them they will win. I stand corrected but unbelievably only 1 player in the Down starting team donnnelly started against Cavan in last years championship match.

redsetanta

Laois home 4 points up coming to the closing stages
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

Don Draper

Tony

Delighted with that; some performance. more thoughts tomorrow - now - pints  ;D

Junior Ex Laoistalk

What a fantastic result from a very difficult opening game for Laois. Great performance from all and terrific use of the bench. How brilliant it is to have lads like that to come on and change the game completely in our favour. This is the start we needed and we can go to Croke Park with a spring in our step and really express ourselves.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/01/26/brilliant-second-half-performance-sees-laois-get-the-better-of-down-in-league-opener/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

LooseCannon

Just saw Steven Miller's tweet. Munelly is some man.

Countyminor

Great win. Interesting to note 8 of the starting 15 from Port & Portlaoise. The counties big urban centres more than pulling their weight. Can only be a good thing.