The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

There are a couple of  big movers at Kempton tonight – Spanish Diva in the 19:20 backed in to 8/1 from 33/1 and Rosy Alexander in the 18:50, from 33/1 to 11/1

In fact there seems to be a significant mover in nearly every race at Kempton:

18:20 Drumming Party in from 7/1 to 9/2
20:20 Junior 5/1 to 7/2
21:20 Wrighty Almighty 15/2 to 9/2

The Real SlimShady

a trick of the bookies perhaps!

and they'll file in like lemmings.

Who was the horse the huge gamble went on at Aintree on the National? backed it into 8s if i recall, stuffed!

Hardy

Perhaps, and it does seem odd to have a steamer in nearly every race. But it would seem to be very co-ordinated if it's a scam. Though I suppose it only takes one to start dropping a price to cause a move. This lemming has had a little multiple anyway - won't be too high a cliff to fall off.

Oak Leafer

bennydorano

girt_giggler

Quote from: The Real SlimShady on July 04, 2007, 04:43:05 PM

Who was the horse the huge gamble went on at Aintree on the National? backed it into 8s if i recall, stuffed!

monkerhostin if memory serves me right!  think it fell early on

Our Nail Loney

Joes Edge was backed in from 50s to favourite for the national

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: girt_giggler on July 05, 2007, 10:37:25 AM
Quote from: The Real SlimShady on July 04, 2007, 04:43:05 PM

thats the one. and the trainer even said ther was no reason for the gamble! just fool punters following other fools.
monkerhostin if memory serves me right!  think it fell early on

jaykay

Quote from: Hardy on July 04, 2007, 04:31:36 PM
There are a couple of  big movers at Kempton tonight – Spanish Diva in the 19:20 backed in to 8/1 from 33/1 and Rosy Alexander in the 18:50, from 33/1 to 11/1

In fact there seems to be a significant mover in nearly every race at Kempton:

18:20 Drumming Party in from 7/1 to 9/2
20:20 Junior 5/1 to 7/2
21:20 Wrighty Almighty 15/2 to 9/2

What is it with steamers at AW tracks?  Every time W'hampton or Lingfield are on there seems to be at least 1 big market mover, is it a case of dodgy bookies or idiot punters?  Granted some win but I tend to stay well clear of them.

Lecale2

Just stay well clear of Wolverhampton and Lingfield!

jaykay

Dont fear, I never back on the AW.  You can add Kemptons dirt track to that too and I'm dreading to think what Dundalk will be like.

ludermor

baron de feypo in bellewstown has gone from 33/1 to 12/1 today

Hardy

Lads there's a substantial track bias at Bellewstown (I was practically reared on the course). Low numbers in the draw have a distinct advantage in mile races. (The 5f is straight and the draw doesn't really affect longer races). It's hard to win a mile race drawn outside 4 at The Hill (you'd rarely hear a local refer to it as Bellewstown).

There's only one mile race this evening and the odds-on favourite (Hum The Tune, 10/11) is drawn 3. It might be worth looking at Ardglen Flyer, drawn 1, 12/1. A forecast might be a good option here.

Trap 2 is Run Beauty, 40/1 and 4 is Seen and Heard, 25/1. Each way punts (or place on Betfair) can always be considered on any of the inside 4 over a mile at The Hill. But don't come crying to me if the second favourite wins it from the outside stall. 

The Bottom Brick

just got iceman george, stuck 2 e/w at 66s when  i was lookin up the bellewstown race!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

cavan4ever

What tennis players is that on the add in the PP site?