Sigerson Cup 2024

Started by mad tan, January 08, 2024, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derryman forever

Blowitupref

Better 2nd half and some finish with two goals and a late winner for Queens. 1-10 to 2-6
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Derryman forever

Thank God for small mercies.
I could handle the bad football. But the commentating was homicidal.

Blowitupref

Another surprise result. University of Galway 1-10 TU Dublin 2-8
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

square_ball

Quote from: Derryman forever on January 09, 2024, 08:23:31 PMThank God for small mercies.
I could handle the bad football. But the commentating was homicidal.

Who was on co-comm duty?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 09, 2024, 08:31:58 PMAnother surprise result. University of Galway 1-10 TU Dublin 2-8

Was up at it. Big shock alright. Trinity just hung in there. Few minutes left and they were 2 points down when one of their players tried a point attempt from way out. Ball went high in the air but dropped well short into the keeper. Nobody near him. Under no real pressure. He caught the ball into his stomach but let it slip through his arms and he fumbled it into the net. Huge howler. Galway had a late free from almost straight in front of the posts to take it to extra time but Ryan O'Donoghue kicked it against the post and it went wide. Bad miss really as there wasn't a drop of wind out tonight.

Eire90

Derryman forever

Quote from: Eire90 on January 09, 2024, 09:28:56 PMwas it jerome quinn

No.

I cant remember. I try to forget the ordeals life inflicts upon me.

square_ball

Jerome was the main commentator but couldn't figure out the co-comm.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: square_ball on January 09, 2024, 09:45:56 PMJerome was the main commentator but couldn't figure out the co-comm.

Mark McCartan.

square_ball

Is there a back door in the Sigerson?

Edit: just see there is a 2nd choice.

trailer

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 09, 2024, 10:32:06 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 09, 2024, 09:45:56 PMJerome was the main commentator but couldn't figure out the co-comm.

Mark McCartan.

I only got the last 15, but it was like two fellas talking on the couch at home. Trying to figure out who was who and which county they played for. Then calling for frees and all sorts. Mad altogether Ted.
But to be fair, it was great to get the coverage and Jerome does trojan work bringing these games to our front rooms. Keep up the good work.

shark

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 09, 2024, 09:20:02 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 09, 2024, 08:31:58 PMAnother surprise result. University of Galway 1-10 TU Dublin 2-8

Was up at it. Big shock alright. Trinity just hung in there. Few minutes left and they were 2 points down when one of their players tried a point attempt from way out. Ball went high in the air but dropped well short into the keeper. Nobody near him. Under no real pressure. He caught the ball into his stomach but let it slip through his arms and he fumbled it into the net. Huge howler. Galway had a late free from almost straight in front of the posts to take it to extra time but Ryan O'Donoghue kicked it against the post and it went wide. Bad miss really as there wasn't a drop of wind out tonight.

It's hard to keep up with the name changes, but I don't think TU Dublin is Trinity. Isn't it the former DIT ?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 09, 2024, 09:20:02 PM

Not many forwards named to start in the Galway team although Sheriden has form in that department! Surprised not to see O'Currain starting, seems like he made an impact when he came on anyways?

Doesn't seem like Sean Kelly will play any part in this competition so must be doubtful for Galways first few league games.