NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: straightred on February 09, 2020, 12:29:54 AM
ok - just home. Long post mortem. Great entertainment all all that but monaghan were hosed by branigan.

Mccarthy gets a free in after taking at least 8 steps. Hughes black card for contesting why he didn't get a 45 (which clearly was a 45). The macmanus 1 on 1. Keep playing until Dublin equalise. The list goes on. Hopefully none of these things matter at the end of the day but we need better refs than that.

I've watched the mccarthy one again. He didn't foul the ball as he got his solo and bounces in. Monaghan ere awarded much more soft frees than dublin throughout the game and I'm a fan of monaghan. There's no doubt monaghan were the better side though and a good number of the dublin newcomers frankly didn't look up to county football at this stage.

Hound

Quote from: Manning18 on February 09, 2020, 12:38:36 AM
As someone that was shouting for Monghan throughout the game, I thought the ref was more than fair to them tbh. A number of easy frees given in the second half. The lack of play on to McManus looked bad because he was clear through but the whistle was blown for a contact foul long before that and Dubs stopped playing. Someone will have to do the clock on the injury time, went way over but a hell of a lot of the original 6 was wasted also so hard to know. I'm sure league Sunday will do it
As BennyCake said earlier, the ref got the stoppage time in stoppage time correct. 

There were two lengthy stoppages. The first was exactly 2 minutes. The second was for 90 seconds. So whatever you want to say about the ref, the 3.30 played in excess of the stated stoppage time, he got that spot on.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on February 09, 2020, 08:14:16 AM
Quote from: Manning18 on February 09, 2020, 12:38:36 AM
As someone that was shouting for Monghan throughout the game, I thought the ref was more than fair to them tbh. A number of easy frees given in the second half. The lack of play on to McManus looked bad because he was clear through but the whistle was blown for a contact foul long before that and Dubs stopped playing. Someone will have to do the clock on the injury time, went way over but a hell of a lot of the original 6 was wasted also so hard to know. I'm sure league Sunday will do it
As BennyCake said earlier, the ref got the stoppage time in stoppage time correct. 

There were two lengthy stoppages. The first was exactly 2 minutes. The second was for 90 seconds. So whatever you want to say about the ref, the 3.30 played in excess of the stated stoppage time, he got that spot on.

Agree with the above. In the Dublin Kerry  game - Dublin played down the clock before they went for their last score. Ref should have blown up on kick out.

ck

Anyone know what game is on TG4 today?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ck on February 09, 2020, 08:51:50 AM

Tyrone v Kerry live, Donegal v Galway deferred. Meath v Mayo on TG4 youtube.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ambrose

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 09, 2020, 08:55:16 AM
Quote from: ck on February 09, 2020, 08:51:50 AM

Tyrone v Kerry live, Donegal v Galway deferred. Meath v Mayo on TG4 youtube.

Is the Tyrone game likely to go ahead? Omagh has a tendency to flood at the sight of rain.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Ambrose

Change of venue for Kerry v Tyrone game:

Edendork GAC
Postcode: Bt7 6js
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Lar Naparka

Anyone know if the Mayo/Meath game will go ahead?
I need to make up my mind to travel or not and I'll need to set out soon if I want a stand seat.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

galwayman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 09, 2020, 10:57:54 AM
I need to make up my mind to travel or not and I'll need to set out soon if I want a stand seat.
Going ahead according to Meath Gaa twitter page anyway

larryin89

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 09, 2020, 10:57:54 AM

I'm ten mins from Navan and it's honestly cleared up completely, a little dark overhead but there is also sun .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BennyCake

Tyrone Kerry moved to 2-30 because the anthem took so long.

Milltown Row2

Pure muck today! No conditions to play football, it's bad enough to watch when the weather and pitch are good!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carbery

Watching the Tyrone/Kerry game on TG4 and am wondering if there is a covered stand at this venue as a number of patrons seem to be watching from the comfort of their cars or under an umbrella?

rodney trotter

Meath v Mayo live on Tg4 YouTube. Meath have looked awful so far

J70

Donegal playing well against the wind. Cutting Galway open for goal chances again and again with the running.