Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballaghman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 30, 2017, 05:22:11 PM
I think that if one were to compare Joe Brolly to a jackass, it would be a grievous insult.
Jackasses do have feelings, y'know.
However, I have to agree with a few points he has made in this article. I still have flashbacks about the game in Limerick. Donaghy destroyed Caff, who had to go man on man with him for the whole game. Kerry pumped the ball in on him with great accuracy and to great effect. Meanwhile Jamesy was left to prowl at will, waiting for the offload and neither of the corner backs made any serious attempt to block him.
FFS. Mayo were all over Kerry and should have won by a country mile if it wasn't for  the failure of Horan to do anything about Donaghy's dominance in front of goal. You could add in for good measure that the accuracy of the midfielders and half backs when targeting Donaghy was also a big asset for Kerry. 
Caff didn't do well against Comer and I can't see him improving if Mayo to progress after tomorrow.
I don't think Derry has anyone in Donaghy's class to worry Mayo but there could be other, bigger challenges ahead and it could prove disastrous if the FB line isn't functioning at 100% for the entire game.
I really can't see Derry winning this one but I don't think Mayo are ruthless enough to blast them off the pitch. The habit of easing off when they appear to be in full control has hampered Mayo for years; the game against Sligo this year is a perfect example of what I mean.
Mayo should win by 10 but will probably manage win by 2 or 3.
In fairness to Rochford, and H & C the year before, he showed how to get around the big target man last year by bringing Barry Moran back to cover. Not really concerned about that style of play any longer. Big bird is getting closer to fitness even if this game has come too early for him. Don't think Derry have a big man inside anyway do they? For Donaghy et al we now have a plan. It's further out the pitch our problems still exist.

Syferus

Comer ate them up the last day so the plan doesn't seem to be working for Mayo, Ballagh.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Halfquarter

Brolly on the radio now about the almighty Derry full forward line again, is there any point in Mayo turning up at all ?

Dire Ear

Sooner people stop listening to that tool , the better

macdanger2

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 01, 2017, 03:04:49 PM
Brolly on the radio now about the almighty Derry full forward line again, is there any point in Mayo turning up at all ?

Is there no off button on that radio?

Halfquarter

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 01, 2017, 03:09:56 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on July 01, 2017, 03:04:49 PM

Is there no off button on that radio?
Unfortunatly my masochistic streak wouldn't allow it.

ONeill

Majestic hair colouring from the Derry keeper

Captain Obvious

Seamus O Shea and Diarmuid O Connor injured? Derry more or less picking the same starting team that was hammered by Tyrone.

ONeill

Parsons enjoying himself.

Fairly open game - Derry losing the ball too easy in possession though.

Captain Obvious

Error ridden game some awful wides.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2017, 05:12:56 PM
Error ridden game some awful wides.

1 point from play for Mayo and 5 wides  ???

AOS won't play the full game - his tackling efforts have been woeful.

Captain Obvious

Almost a lucky goal for Mayo there

ONeill

Quare holes in that Mayo defence.

GalwayBayBoy

Clarke saves and then Mayo are saved by the post. Derry have had some goal chances here.