The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: Caid on March 15, 2010, 04:48:48 PM
Bit of a long shot I know but if anyone has any spare tickets (reasonably priced ones) for the match at the weekend would you should me an email (b1461402@qub.ac.uk)

Cheers
Caid
Caid i sent you a mail

Declan

Not strictly related to the International scene but heard a story this morning from a pal who is involved at club level. It related to the sending off off a Clongowes player in the Senior Cup semi-final against St Mary's for eye gouging. He was reported and under the laws had to appear before the Leinster Branch disciplinary committee who decided to take no further action. Apparently the player was accompanied to the hearing by the school principal and also a Senior Counsel who indicated that if anything was done about suspensions etc before the final then they would all end up on in court. In other words this lad is playing in the final come what may. Anyway the outcome was that he did play.
A lot of clubs in particular very unhappy about the stance taken by the Leinster Branch given the French incidents this year in the H cup and how dangerous it is but they basically backed down under threat. What's more interesting from my perspective is the complete lack of coverage of it in the mainstream media. Should I be surprised??? 

ludermor

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0312/1224266110474.html

The times had reported it but is doesnt seem to have got widespread coverage ( that say a dirty french player would have got!)

Capt Pat

Tipperary did the same trick for the All Ireland minor hurling final with an actual trip to the high court a few years back. Not for eye gouging but it still seems very unfair that teenagers use barristers to get away with these suspensions.

Celt_Man

Aye I think I read about that in the Sunday Independent, maybe Hook might have mentioned it in his column
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

wonder what would be a good bet to put on... try and salvage something out of the week!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

orangeman

Quote from: leenie on March 19, 2010, 06:22:17 PM
wonder what would be a good bet to put on... try and salvage something out of the week!

Scotland plus 14.5 points.  Evens.

muppet

Quote from: leenie on March 19, 2010, 06:22:17 PM

John Hayes to bawl his eyes out during the National Anthem 1/8
Mary Harney to become the first Minister to go grazing on Croke Park 2/1
MWWSI 2017

Aerlik

Could someone please let me know of an internet link, if available, to watch the game.  Thanks.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

anportmorforjfc

Ireland have dropped the ball about 5 times so far. Reminding me of the world cup games in 2007 ::)

thewobbler

Another welcome nail in the coffin of O'Gara's international career :)

Tremendous work by Sexton.

Schkite

Great work for the try no doubt, but his kicking nightmare continues, another missed right in front of the posts. Hopefully he can land his next one as we'll need him on song to get back in front against Scotland who've done well.

Celt_Man

In trouble here.... lineout giving a bit of bother unlike other days... scrum in trouble too.  Unreal amount of errors too.  But I still feel a few of those back line moves are 1 or 2 passes away from cutting the Scots defence up
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Main Street