The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

This should be a bore fest, referee to favour Ireland and Ireland to win by 23pts plus
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Sexton playing like Carter.

Don't tell him he's Irish.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Celt_Man

Sexton s having a great opening 40 minutes... showing great confidence to run the ball as much as he is despite the conditions... scrum could be doing better
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ludermor

Celt_Man

Yea hopefully it doesn't turn out as nasty as it looks but wouldn't hold my breath
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

trileacman

so O'gara or sexton for SA?

For me, O'Gara. he's the safer bet.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on November 21, 2009, 09:17:51 PM

They will start O'Gara but I would go for Sexton. Earls also did enough.
MWWSI 2017

mc_grens

Fire in Sexton to see what he can do. We know what ROG is all about.

Sexton had a good start. Strike while the iron is hot, put him in against South Africa while his confidence is high.

screenexile

Feck the safe bet give him a rattle we can't keep relying on ROG who quite frankly will not be the man to control this team through a World Cup! Sexton is the future and a start against South Africa will give us an idea if he can make the step up.

trileacman

Quote from: screenexile on November 21, 2009, 09:30:58 PM

Feck the safe bet give him a rattle we can't keep relying on ROG who quite frankly will not be the man to control this team through a World Cup! Sexton is the future and a start against South Africa will give us an idea if he can make the step up.

Well we bitxhed for 6 years about having no cover at ten and for the first year that we do we decide to despense of Rog. I dont completely disagree with what your saying but showing Rog the door now ends his international career and leaves us with no cover at ten again, bar humphries.

Also playing him against SA is based upon the hope sexton's able to make the step up, if he doesnt and we give his confidence a huge knock, who do we turn to then for the 6 nations, with two banjaxed out halfs? Just take it canny with the lad, autumn internationals are nice to win, but are glorified freindlies none the less.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

INDIANA

DK's selection policies mirror Eddies. Conservatism. ROG will start- put the mortgage on it.