Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 22, 2017, 11:44:34 AM
All the pressure on United Wednesday night, Ajax probably don't have a player who'd get in United's team but they are a young team with improving players who are used too winning most weeks which makes them very dangerous.

As for yesterday a great goal from Harrop, he's a late developer given his stature and lack of pace but he's technically excellent so will probably get another year or two as a United player. Mitchell did well at left back and is improving all the time given he's been playing in that position for only 6 months. I didn't think Gomes would come on but he did, he's a special special talent which is obvious given Mourinho giving a 5'5 16 year old a premier league game.

Great to see so many youngsters who've been brought up not very far from OT make it at the club or with a great chance of making it.
[/quote
Ajax froze in the second leg of the semi final. if they think that was pressure they will brick it Wednesday night, they are young, quick and lost lost their most experienced player, if United get at them early they will wim comforably, that said, the longer it goes on the more confident Ajax will be, United to score ea;y and win 3-1.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Another embarrassing interview from that twat after the match at the weekend.

dclane

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 22, 2017, 03:20:20 PM
Did you see him at the press conference! 

Boycey

European Final on Wed night and people still want to moan about Jose.. give it a rest for ffs

snoopdog

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 22, 2017, 03:20:20 PM
Get over it. He will be there for a while.

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on May 22, 2017, 07:30:47 PM
European Final on Wed night and people still want to moan about Jose.. give it a rest for ffs
+1.
Unites should win this on Wednesday.  I  think can do it in the 90 mins. Ajax have discipline issues if we can get rashford running in behind them it will unsettle them and hopefully Marcus can take his chances.

magpie seanie

I want, hope and believe United will win on Wednesday but that won't change a thing for me regarding the manager.

I also hope United are never in this competition again so a bit of perspective is required.

stew

Quote from: The Stallion on May 20, 2017, 06:33:56 PM
Not sure what is ridiculous about it. I am giving my honest opinions, they have been consistent throughout, and I have encouraged those who are angered by hearing someone disagree with them to ignore my posts.

What exactly is so objectionable about that?  It seems to boil down to the fact that I don't think Klopp is a good manager, or that people bizarrely believe that only a liar/troll/WUM could put forward such a viewpoint. It is genuinely my real opinion, I'm sorry if some can't accept that. Does that really deserve being wrongly accused of mocking the Hillsborough tragedy and being repeatedly insulted?

I know some of my fellow Liverpool supporters are a bit thin-skinned but surely there is room for more than one opinion on here without resorting to such behaviour?

Fack aff you shit stirring creation of shaney. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

I must confess I have no idea what you're on about here. Shaney?

Boycey

The horror in Manchester last night makes you realise how unimportant football really is... Not much appetite in Manchester for a final tomorrow night with almost no talk on any of the United forums today about it. I saw some journo suggest earlier that there should be no final with the cup shared and both teams let into the Champions League. That'd be wrong too, although I said earlier the football was irrelevant it's important too that life goes on.:

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on May 23, 2017, 04:22:26 PM
The horror in Manchester last night makes you realise how unimportant football really is... Not much appetite in Manchester for a final tomorrow night with almost no talk on any of the United forums today about it. I saw some journo suggest earlier that there should be no final with the cup shared and both teams let into the Champions League. That'd be wrong too, although I said earlier the football was irrelevant it's important too that life goes on.:
Yep I'm sure the local lads in the squad are pretty gutted after last night's atrocity.  Very hard to get up for a game but the game has to go ahead. Terrorists can't dictate normality . How much lower can these scum stoop to attacking innocent families and children. If there is a heaven or hell then I hope these bastards are burning in it.

Maroon Manc

Given what happened Monday night the build up has been very quiet.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 24, 2017, 12:08:26 PM
Given what happened Monday night the build up has been very quiet.

I would say it will be a strange atmosphere at the game tonight, even the opening ceremony (why is it even needed) has been scaled back.

We can only hope that the local lads (and the rest) are motivated by a sense of trying to bring some joy to an awful week for the city.

J70

Normally I'd be screaming for an Ajax win, but now I don't know how to react to this game or if I'll feel guilty shouting for Ajax or even care.

Do City fans care about the outcome?

Would they feel happy that a United win might bring even a small bit of joy to the United half of the city?

Will it be a hollow victory for whoever does win, at least in the immediate term? (Time heals, and Champions League participation is a few months away).

Milltown Row2

I'm sure like the Dortmund lads there will be a sense of WTF!! but they are not going to get a better chance to progress, they are proffesional and should they apply themselves do enough to get over the line....

I'll be refereeing tonight so will get back for extra time and the penalties
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea