Quote from: foxcommander on May 10, 2016, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2016, 08:46:30 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 09, 2016, 06:56:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2016, 05:46:41 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 09, 2016, 05:09:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2016, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: stew on May 09, 2016, 09:38:41 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 09, 2016, 05:43:31 AM
Trump says he is gonna raise the minimum wage and tax the rich....looks like your right stew, he is a democratic plant after all!

He is a politician ffs, he will say or do anything to get elected, you do know this right?

Yet, if you listen to his supporters, his key "quality" is that he is a non-politician who apparently "tells it like it is".

Yet, if you listen to his supporters, his key "quality" is that he is a politician who apparently "wants change".

Guess who?

and you fell for it. Dumbasses.

I didn't "fall" for anything.

I'm quite satisfied with Obama's performance, overall, especially in the face of unprecedented scorched earth political opposition and almost unprecedented financial conditions when he took over.

Now, do you have anything to say on the actual point I (and stew) was making, that Trump, while campaigning as a non-politician who is a straight talker, is actually a blowhard who will say anything and use any conspiracy theory, no matter how outlandish, on a given day, consistency be damned, to win support?

If he wants to beat Clinton he's going to have to. We'll wait to see him get endorsed by Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner for the LGBT vote and hire the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull to get his message across to the hispanic community.

He'll use every celeb going to try win this.

Pit bull and Lopez will sugar coat the deport them/ build the wall / Mexican rapist rhetoric?

Jenner will endorse that she has to use the men's room?

Nope, all they need to do is say that Donald is a good man and worth voting for.

President Trump doesn't sound too far fetched anymore.

That's all??  ;D

On the far fetched thing, I don't think it is either.

But that is not a reflection of his suitability as a candidate. This is a country after all where half the people are creationists and a party where many of the leading people, especially the current candidate, fanned the flames of the birther conspiracy, just to pander to their ignorant base.

An attack such as Trump's one on Cruz's father and his alleged connection to Lee Harvey Oswald would have finished any other candidate. But the people supporting Trump embrace the conspiracy shit and the insults.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2016, 04:06:32 PM
Trump says he is gonna raise the minimum wage and tax the rich....looks like your right stew, he is a democratic plant after all!

He is a politician ffs, he will say or do anything to get elected, you do know this right?

Yet, if you listen to his supporters, his key "quality" is that he is a non-politician who apparently "tells it like it is".

Yet, if you listen to his supporters, his key "quality" is that he is a politician who apparently "wants change".

Guess who?

I'm quite satisfied with Obama's performance, overall, especially in the face of unprecedented scorched earth political opposition and almost unprecedented financial conditions when he took over.

Now, do you have anything to say on the actual point I (and stew) was making, that Trump, while campaigning as a non-politician who is a straight talker, is actually a blowhard who will say anything and use any conspiracy theory, no matter how outlandish, on a given day, consistency be damned, to win support?

If he wants to beat Clinton he's going to have to. We'll wait to see him get endorsed by Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner for the LGBT vote and hire the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull to get his message across to the hispanic community.

Pit bull and Lopez will sugar coat the deport them/ build the wall / Mexican rapist rhetoric?

Nope, all they need to do is say that Donald is a good man and worth voting for.

That's all??  ;D

But that is not a reflection of his suitability as a candidate. This is a country after all where half the people are creationists and a party where many of the leading people, especially the current candidate, fanned the flames of the birther conspiracy, just to pander to their ignorant base.

Could have said the same thing in 2008. You had John McCain who was a seasoned politician vs Barack Obama who had only 4 years in the senate. Do you not agree that Obama won due to a popularity/PC contest? Couldn't have been due to his record in office.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on May 10, 2016, 04:30:12 PM

Guess who?

That's all??  ;D

Could have said the same thing in 2008. You had John McCain who was a seasoned politician vs Barack Obama who had only 4 years in the senate. Do you not agree that Obama won due to a popularity/PC contest? Couldn't have been due to his record in office.

But I'm not talking about political experience.

I'm talking about the pure ignorance, incoherence,  cynicism, appeals to bigotry, thin skin and pattern of child-like insulting and boasting which pass for campaigning on the part of Trump.

If Cruz were the nominee and I was lamenting his lack of experience, then you would have a point.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2016, 04:39:40 PM

Guess who?

That's all??  ;D

I'm talking about the pure ignorance, incoherence,  cynicism, appeals to bigotry, thin skin and pattern of child-like insulting and boasting which pass for campaigning on the part of Trump.

If Cruz were the nominee and I was lamenting his lack of experience, then you would have a point.

See 2008.

easytiger95

Yeah, the McCain/Palin ticket sure did a lot of that in 2008. Well spotted Foxy.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on May 10, 2016, 05:05:38 PM

See 2008.

As Easytiger said, you can point to Palin for that in 2008.

You'll have to explain how Obama was in any way equivalent to the nonsense Trump has been coming out with.

And that's without even getting into the Mexican rapists/Fiorina's face/Megan Kelly's period/Jeb's low energy/Trump's very good brain and dick size/Cruz Senior's Oswald connection/Lyin' Ted etc. etc.

omaghjoe

Im confused foxy, do you support Trump (really support him like?) Or are you just winding? You seem to revel in his inconsistencies

I presume you all seen the cinco de mayo tweet?

Apparently someone phoned them up and they dont even do taco bowls.  ;D ;D

The big reveal is coming at the Republican convention.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2016, 05:54:19 PM

See 2008.

You'll have to explain how Obama was in any way equivalent to the nonsense Trump has been coming out with.

And that's without even getting into the Mexican rapists/Fiorina's face/Megan Kelly's period/Jeb's low energy/Trump's very good brain and dick size/Cruz Senior's Oswald connection/Lyin' Ted etc. etc.

How about this one...

Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on May 10, 2016, 06:44:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2016, 05:54:19 PM

See 2008.

How about this one...

Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

The same presidential race where "he's a Muslim","he's a terrorist", "he was born in Kenya" etc. etc. was the order of the day? Fox News and the "terrorist fist bump"?

You'll have to try harder to make the case that Obama even begins to approach anything Trump is coming out with weekly.

omaghjoe

TBF to McCain he has usually come across as fairly sensible, with the exception of foreign policy where he is right little Napoleon.

He made a huge error selecting Palin as his running mate. But he would still have been unlikely to win, the Obama campaign had huge funding and successfully convinced people that they where part of some sort of grand social movement of change.

seafoid

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 10, 2016, 08:38:31 PM
TBF to McCain he has usually come across as fairly sensible, with the exception of foreign policy where he is right little Napoleon.

He made a huge error selecting Palin as his running mate. But he would still have been unlikely to win, the Obama campaign had huge funding and successfully convinced people that they where part of some sort of grand social movement of change.
He is not a lunatic Republican and has worked across the aisle unlike tea party fruitcakes such as Cruz. Bush 2 and Lehman meant he had no chance. Plus Obama had the hopey changey BS.
Moderate Republicans like McCain and Orrin Hatch have mostly been purged from the GOP in favour of extremists. The party is a massive cluster f**k that makes FF look serious.

foxcommander

Guess who?

That's all??  ;D

Of course not - it's irrelevant to the situation, isn't it? A catchphrase and a host of celeb endorsements is all you need.
Donald should give Oprah and Ellen a ring.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on May 10, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

Guess who?

That's all??  ;D

Of course not - it's irrelevant to the situation, isn't it? A catchphrase and a host of celeb endorsements is all you need.

If a catchphrase and celeb endorsements is all that Trump needs, he should be in extremely good shape.

Of course, in reality, at least in the general election, it's not enough.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2016, 09:46:14 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 10, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

Guess who?

That's all??  ;D

If a catchphrase and celeb endorsements is all that Trump needs, he should be in extremely good shape.

Of course, in reality, at least in the general election, it's not enough.

Trump needs to get votes from women and Hispanics without pissing off his base.
Easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle