11th night bonfires

Started by Fear Boirche, June 20, 2007, 11:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Quote from: The Subbie on July 14, 2017, 11:29:59 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 14, 2017, 11:13:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2017, 12:12:06 AM
Billy was financed by the Jews in Amsterdam. When he beat James, he brought the Jews into Britain. Up until then they were banned. When they got in, they set up the Bank of England.

Is that why loyalists fly the flag of Israel?

No.
If themmuns are gonny fly the PLO fled we are gonny fly the Israeli fleg would be the rationale behind that particular move

I was being sarcastic but it does show how juvenile they are. If republicans started flying a white flag with a black circle, they'd fly a black flag with a white circle.

Actually, when you think of it it shows how insecure they are; being defined by what they claim not to be rather than what they are (or so they claim).

Kilkevan

Billy was financed by the Jews in Amsterdam. When he beat James, he brought the Jews into Britain. Up until then they were banned. When they got in, they set up the Bank of England.

Disregarding the sickening grotesqueness of this sh1te for a moment, I suppose it would be pointless even trying to explain the irony to them...

north_antrim_hound

I think the people putting up these flags and the individuals and events celebrated  are not subjected to the research and scrutiny as on here
It's all about the bigotry bred into them from birth
The ones who have some sort of individual character and lateral thinking soon detach themselves from it and feel quite embarrassed with the whole thing
I would like to see some stats on what percentage of the prodestant community participate
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Kilkevan

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 14, 2017, 11:40:49 AM
I think the people putting up these flags and the individuals and events celebrated  are not subjected to the research and scrutiny as on here
It's all about the bigotry bred into them from birth
The ones who have some sort of individual character and lateral thinking soon detach themselves from it and feel quite embarrassed with the whole thing
I would like to see some stats on what percentage of the prodestant community participate

Agree wholeheartedly, I'm republican and engaged in (legal) republican activism and the vast majority are decent people but there are plenty of loons on the republican side too. Personally, I abhor the "protestants are bad" cr@p. There's good and bad everywhere.

I was at a Wolfe Tones concert a while back and there was a woman giving off stink about protestant this and orange that. I asked her what she was listening to and she said "some great f**kin rebel tunes" so, hoping for a slightly deeper response, I asked who the band were, she looked slightly puzzled and said the Wolfe Tones. I said aye, named after Wolfe Tone, the founder of modern Irish republicanism who was cut of the same protestant cloth as your mouthing off about. She just looked stunned.

Unfortunately, ignorance isn't a weakness of just one community.

seafoid

Israel is also chosen people, settler colonial, law and order, makey uppy , right wing and "f**k you" which appeals to loyalists.
If the playing field was Burma loyalists would be pro the generals.Re China they would be anti Tibet
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2017, 11:50:09 AM

Israel is also chosen people, settler colonial, law and order, makey uppy , right wing and "f**k you" which appeals to loyalists.
If the playing field was Burma loyalists would be pro the generals.Re China they would be anti Tibet

Sure didn't they have links with Afrikaaner paramilitaries. They are another odd group of people. I've known a few and to a man they all claim not to be African but South African. Whilst they're correct in the latter, that's their nationality, but it also has a clue to the continent in the name of the country. Try explaining that South Africa is part of Africa to them though :-\.

north_antrim_hound

Good point in the wolf tone thing and the fact the orange part of the tricolour they are burning is representative of them in 1798
I think they are burning the idea of nationalist and prodestant unity
There are some halfwits on the nationalist side for sure but not as big a chunk and certainly not as encouraged   
I mean what has the the political unionist parties said or done about the displays of complete misinformed racism displayed the past few days
Absolutely nothing, even at the expense of a few bigoted votes it would help in general
A maintained ignorance for the benefit of votes is top of the agenda
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Kilkevan

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 14, 2017, 12:05:23 PM
Good point in the wolf tone thing and the fact the orange part of the tricolour they are burning is representative of them in 1798
There are some halfwits on the nationalist side for sure but not as big a chunk and certainly not as encouraged   
I mean what has the the political unionist parties said or done about the displays of complete misinformed racism displayed the past few days
Absolutely nothing, even at the expense of a few bigoted votes it would help in general

Definitely. You'd be slung out on your ear by the main nationalist/republican organisations if you were engaged in or seen to be cosying up to racism.

yellowcard

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 14, 2017, 12:05:23 PM

Correct. Maybe I'm wrong but I never heard one Unionist politician condemn the serial burning of the tricolour, effigies, posters and displaying of racist sectarian banners at these 12th celebrations. They went to ground for a week.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds and if they actually showed some leadership and stood up together to condemn this behaviour it would go some way to eradicating it. But they don't want it, fear and division suits best. 

seafoid

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 14, 2017, 12:03:48 PM

Sure didn't they have links with Afrikaaner paramilitaries. They are another odd group of people. I've known a few and to a man they all claim not to be African but South African. Whilst they're correct in the latter, that's their nationality, but it also has a clue to the continent in the name of the country. Try explaining that South Africa is part of Africa to them though :-\.
In the 70s Israel supplied arms to the junta in Argentina that murdered 800 Jews. You couldn't make it up
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2017, 12:44:18 PM

In the 70s Israel supplied arms to the junta in Argentina that murdered 800 Jews. You couldn't make it up

World politics is full of that. Sure the Americans trained and equipped bin Laden (and I'd say it will take a long long time to get to the bottom of the cesspit behind Daesh).

HiMucker

Its a complete disgrace, but maybe this is the start of the dampners being put on the bonfire, if this gains any traction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40607144

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: HiMucker on July 14, 2017, 02:13:50 PM
Its a complete disgrace, but maybe this is the start of the dampners being put on the bonfire, if this gains any traction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40607144

It's about time. Thankfully it wasn't as a result of a Grenfell Tower situation. These big bonfires have gone unchallenged for far too long. If you want a big f**k off bonfire go an build it in the middle of nowhere where it doesn't impact anyone (tyres and all that aside). No one is stopping them doing that. But when it encroaches onto public property or private residences such as this and the taxpayer is left to pick up the tab then enough is enough. However godforbid that anyone should speak out about this as you are instantly an oppressor of the Protestant people and denying them their culture, which btw is not culture in any man or womans book. Time is horsesh1t was called out for what it is.

BennyCake

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 14, 2017, 02:07:03 PM

World politics is full of that. Sure the Americans trained and equipped bin Laden (and I'd say it will take a long long time to get to the bottom of the cesspit behind Daesh).

Going down another road here, but the US pulled out of the Moscow Olympics in protest to Russia invading Afghanistan. The same country they blew the shit out of a few years later. And continue to. Again, you couldn't make it up.

Kilkevan

Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2017, 03:03:06 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 14, 2017, 02:07:03 PM

Going down another road here, but the US pulled out of the Moscow Olympics in protest to Russia invading Afghanistan. The same country they blew the shit out of a few years later. And continue to. Again, you couldn't make it up.

Would this be the same America who blew Iraq to sh1te, hanged its leader and left a huge power vacuum that was only ever going to be filled by a group like Daesh?