You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: haveaharp on May 06, 2011, 04:12:59 PM
Why do Irish people say "bye" at the end of a phone call about 5 times getting progressively quicker, and when did this start ?

FFS, Hector on 2FM was on about that a few weeks ago. But it is annoying and I don't think I do it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tyssam5

Why do Irish people say "bye" at the end of a phone call about 5 times getting progressively quicker, and when did this start ?

Yeah my mum and sister have started that recently, need to get ruthless and hang-up quick after the first one.

muppet

Started at the beginning of the Celtic Tiger and became very popular at the top of the property boom. In fact at one stage entire conversations between bankers and developers consisted of the one word, 'buy'.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Quote from: maggie on May 06, 2011, 12:40:25 PM
The price of airport parking. £16 and im only going for one night.
Rip off merchants.

I find that very reasonable. Leave it on the street and you'd pay a lot more.

RealSpiritof98

the dick had 10k, 20k, 50k, 75k and 100k left and he dealt at 24k and would have gotten to open 1 box at a time, Jesus man your on the show once and you have a guaranteed 10k grow a set of balls would ye!

Ps I dnt know what happened as it pissed me off so much.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

paco

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 11, 2011, 04:56:13 PM
the dick had 10k, 20k, 50k, 75k and 100k left and he dealt at 24k and would have gotten to open 1 box at a time, Jesus man your on the show once and you have a guaranteed 10k grow a set of balls would ye!

I would say the same watching on TV, but I'd imagine it's a lot different when you're in that position! While we're on the subject, I think it's a good enough concept for a show, but what grinds my gears is how much Noel drags everything out and makes it out to be incredibly strategic, just open the f**king box and get on with it!

P.s. We're talking about Deal Or No Deal here, right?

Hardy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 06, 2011, 04:45:47 PM

Could be worse, it could be Derek Mooney on the other end of the phone only saying it the once.

I thought it was only me. The homosexual Marty Morrissey, without the gravitas.

The Boy Wonder

Em Hardy....the above can be read differently depending on whether one reads it in the context of the quote above it or not. Marty might not be pleased.....he is a ladies man.

muppet

Quote from: paco on May 11, 2011, 06:43:05 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 11, 2011, 04:56:13 PM

I would say the same watching on TV, but I'd imagine it's a lot different when you're in that position! While we're on the subject, I think it's a good enough concept for a show, but what grinds my gears is how much Noel drags everything out and makes it out to be incredibly strategic, just open the f**king box and get on with it!

P.s. We're talking about Deal Or No Deal here, right?

No he seems to be talking about Pussys on Deal. It is a show about Wexford hurling.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2011, 07:39:43 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 06, 2011, 04:45:47 PM

Could be worse, it could be Derek Mooney on the other end of the phone only saying it the once.

I thought it was only me. The homosexual Marty Morrissey, without the gravitas.
marty as well?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Canalman

Putting programmes like Axe Men etc on the History Channel. The HC has gone to pot recently.

Hardy

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on May 11, 2011, 11:29:56 PM
Em Hardy....the above can be read differently depending on whether one reads it in the context of the quote above it or not. Marty might not be pleased.....he is a ladies man.

Ooops - you're right. Just for clarity, then - Marty Morrissey's many remarkable qualities do not include being a homosexual, as far as I know.

(A ladies' man - are you serious?)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on May 12, 2011, 01:09:36 PM

Ooops - you're right. Just for clarity, then - Marty Morrissey's many remarkable qualities do not include being a homosexual, as far as I know.

Yes, this one!!!!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on May 12, 2011, 01:09:36 PM

Well, for my tuppence worth, you could be wrong. The again, you may well be right. I really don't give a damn as I want to be the one to make the 9,100th  post. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi