You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolloutking

Further to my previous comment, the group of middle aged computer geeks beside me who are talking with false semi-American accents and calling each other man.

new devil

Quote from: rolloutking on April 05, 2011, 04:49:29 PM
People who says 'mines is very big', instead of 'mine is very big'

Hate that f**king word!! I think it's just people from gortin that say it

Puckoon

Quote from: rolloutking on April 05, 2011, 07:57:14 PM
Further to my previous comment, the group of middle aged computer geeks beside me who are talking with false semi-American accents and calling each other man.

Maybe they are practising to be Rastas?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

gerrykeegan

+ one dinny, I would rather have a pint with Jehovah's witness than that lad.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

paco

Rocky Mc Guigan

How the hell does Cascarino get a job as a soccer pundit? Totally clueless. On about Spurs not having a  hope in the 'replay'- to add to his comment about Van Der Vaart being offside from a long throw by Bale in first half. Idiot

gawa316

The cubripped the spacebar of thelap topand it nowisarealbitch having to gobackandinsert spaces where the spacebar hasn't worked

Orangemac

Sports presenters who haven't a notion about sport. Maybe I am being pedantic but they have a great job and it is wasted on them.

Paul Collins on Today FM springs to mind, apart for a few cliched phrases he doesn't stray much from what is wrote for him.
Spoke about Frank Lampard missing the vital penalty in the CL final earlier this week.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

boojangles

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 07, 2011, 11:38:01 PM
Jumped up little pricks.

Good to see your back in full flow pints. You were keeping quiet there for a few days, thought something might have happened ya. God forbid.

lfdown2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 05, 2011, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 05, 2011, 03:54:43 AM
Just search for guitar strings. There are three (at least) guitar threads - and I think its discussed in one of them. Can't remember which one though.
Had a look. Couldn't find it.
You just need to release the pressure of the strings and/mute the strings with your stumming hand while changing chords. Especially if you are playing bar chords and moving up and down the fretboard in the same chord shape. I don't know why you're bothered by it - its part of the sound in my opinion!
It's like fingernails on a blackboard and drives me up the wall.

do you understand the concept of the search function?

ONeill

The way people use 'folks' or 'guys' in an email/mass text/general vocal usage.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lfdown2

Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2011, 11:58:03 PM
The way people use 'folks' or 'guys' in an email/mass text/general vocal usage.

what would you use if you are sending group email/text to male and female recepients? Always use folks instead of lads when that is the case.

ONeill

I'd just tell them what is required. No need for banal salutations.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.