You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Cold tea on March 27, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 27, 2011, 06:22:58 PM
Riding two-abreast is quite legal. Look it up in the highway code if you don't believe me.

Riding 3 or 4 abreast isn't - look that up!

Neither is trying to hit cyclists with your wing mirror.

Motorists can be real wankers when it comes to cyclists.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2011, 01:26:02 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on March 27, 2011, 01:22:37 PM
Quote from: maggie on March 27, 2011, 05:10:33 AM
Cyclists.

+1 especially the w**kers who cycle beside each other so they can chat, sometimes 3 and 4 together on main roads like the armagh to portadown road, and then they wonder why they get knocked, pricks!

Don't get me started on those b**tard cyclists ..I try to clip all of them with the wing mirror of my van when I pass.

Funny, I thought you were one yourself?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Cold tea

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on March 27, 2011, 07:26:46 PM
Riding two-abreast is quite legal. Look it up in the highway code if you don't believe me.

Motorists can be real w**kers when it comes to cyclists.

I never advocated this, as for your second quote I totally agree, but when cyclists think they can hold up traffic riding 4 abreast, you can surely understand why motorists think cyclists are real wankers!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Cold tea on March 27, 2011, 07:58:25 PM

I never advocated this, as for your second quote I totally agree, but when cyclists think they can hold up traffic riding 4 abreast, you can surely understand why motorists think cyclists are real w**kers!
No, that's just stupid. If one drive acts like a w**ker people don't that proclaiming that drivers are wankers. 

el_cuervo_fc

I never advocated this, as for your second quote I totally agree, but when cyclists think they can hold up traffic riding 4 abreast, you can surely understand why motorists think cyclists are real w**kers!

True. With that I agree. Its the lack of respect that is shown the majority of cyclists that gets to me. A lot of Drivers tend to leave little space when overtaking a cyclist. They could easily fall at this stage

Cold tea

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 27, 2011, 08:14:41 PM

No, that's just stupid. If one drive acts like a w**ker people don't that proclaiming that drivers are w**kers.

Ok cyclists who ride 3 and 4 abreast on main roads are w**kers - happy?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on March 27, 2011, 08:20:34 PM

True. With that I agree. Its the lack of respect that is shown the majority of cyclists that gets to me. A lot of Drivers tend to leave little space when overtaking a cyclist. They could easily fall at this stage
And a lot totally ignore cyclists on the road and pull out in front of them, and don't get me started on people opening car doors and ignoring the oncoming cyclist! At least once a day I have to swerve or break suddenly because some tube has done one or the other.

Quote from: Cold tea on March 27, 2011, 08:35:05 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 27, 2011, 08:14:41 PM

No, that's just stupid. If one drive acts like a w**ker people don't that proclaiming that drivers are w**kers.

Ok cyclists who ride 3 and 4 abreast on main roads are w**kers - happy?
That's better, yeah. I'd agree. I also have an issue with people walking 3/4 abreast.

Cold tea

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 27, 2011, 08:37:23 PM
And a lot totally ignore cyclists on the road and pull out in front of them, and don't get me started on people opening car doors and ignoring the oncoming cyclist! At least once a day I have to swerve or break suddenly because some tube has done one or the other.

And what about those cyclists, who ignore red lights, drive straight through because these only apparently apply to cars and cause oncoming traffic to brake / swerve - surely if they are on the road they should respect mortorists and traffic signals if they want the same respect shown.  Fact is whether you are walking, running, driving or cycling there are a lot of impatient wankers about and a lot of people who think they can do what they want, if everyone had a little bit more cop on wouldnt it be a better place!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Cold tea on March 27, 2011, 08:43:07 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 27, 2011, 08:37:23 PM

And what about those cyclists, who ignore red lights, drive straight through because these only apparently apply to cars and cause oncoming traffic to brake / swerve - surely if they are on the road they should respect mortorists and traffic signals if they want the same respect shown.  Fact is whether you are walking, running, driving or cycling there are a lot of impatient w**kers about and a lot of people who think they can do what they want, if everyone had a little bit more cop on wouldnt it be a better place!
Agree though I've never noticed  that while I was either cycling or driving.
Though I've never noticed 3/4 abreast cyclists either. 

Cold tea

For the 3/4 abreast the Armagh to Portadown road any Saturday / Sunday and the lights - Belfast any fecking day of the week.  >:(

AZOffaly

Seldom enough I'd see 'normal' cyclists any more than 2 abreast, and to be honest most of them are single file.

The exception, and it's quite dangerous, are the cycling clubs. Very often they seem to do group training on weekends, and it;s not unusual to see groups of 5, 10 or even more all cycling along in a pelaton, 3,4 and 5 abreast depending on what they are doing at the time.

It's crazy dangerous at times, because they ride it llke a road race but there's no attendant race 'marshals'.

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Eamonnca1

Never ceases to amaze me how sanctimonious motorists can get when it comes to other peoples' behaviour.

I see your 4-abreast cyclists and I raise you motorists breaking the speed limit, thinking a red light doesn't take effect until 2 seconds after it goes red (even if some poor pedestrian has started walking across the street on their green light), yacking on their mobile phones, applying makeup/lipstick/shaving, and driving at night with their lights off (I saw three cases of it last night on the freeway). Ever tried obeying the speed limit when driving? Makes you feel like a snail, doesn't it? You'll soon have some young buck eejit three inches from your rear bumper wondering what you're playing at.  And don't get me started on the death and destruction that motorists cause every year. More people get killed by cars than die in wars.

Cyclists are w***ers? People that live in glass houses shouldn't take a dump in broad daylight.

trueblue1234

People who try and defend a gear grinder. The whole point of the tread is that there doesn't have to be logical reasons. It just has to get on your wick.

Plastic wrapped products that are nearly impossible to open without taking a hatchet to them! 

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit