Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2010, 06:23:46 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2010, 05:50:23 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2010, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2010, 05:22:32 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2010, 04:58:52 PM
What are you wtf-ing about? I would prefer that my son, at that age, did not express some of the mannerisms in his behaviour like that kid did. Hardly unreasonable and I am also vouching that most others would feel the same. He's a bit camp for his age. I'm not saying there is actually anything wrong with it just pointing out that most people would prefer not to have a camp son.
I'm wtf-ing at your ignorance and intolerance.
Who or what am I being ignorant or intolerant of?
Ignorant and intolerant of anyone who steps outside some sort of social guidelines you have in your head.  Even a kid of about 10 ffs. 
I do not have any sort of social guidelines in my head, you are who you are; but because I stated I would prefer my son not to display the same feminine traits that that boy expressed, I am somehow ignorant and intolerant? I wonder if I was a female stating I didn't want my daughter to be a tomboy would you hold the same moral high-ground?
Yes, I'd hold the same view of you if you said that.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

Fair enough, though IMO it is not an unreasonable stance to hold. Given the chance, would you yourself prefer your son at that age to have those traits? Or would you prefer he was into something like sport?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2010, 06:31:59 PM
Fair enough, though IMO it is not an unreasonable stance to hold. Given the chance, would you yourself prefer your son at that age to have those traits? Or would you prefer he was into something like sport?
I wouldn't give a shite as long as he was happy.   

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2010, 06:34:50 PM
Well I would prefer to engage and spend time with my son through something we both held an interest in, rather than something obscure like fashion.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2010, 06:38:14 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2010, 06:34:50 PM
Well I would prefer to engage and spend time with my son through something we both held an interest in, rather than something obscure like fashion.
You said you'd prefer he didn't show "femine traits".
Sounds to me that you'd be more concerned that he was interested in something that's girlie or gay (as I'm guessing you deem fashion to be) than just simply something you're not interested in. 
I'm guessing you'd have no problem if it was your daughter that was interested in fashion? I'd also say you'd have no problem if your son was interested in something you weren't if it was something boyish or manly.
So really it's not about you and your son sharing an interest in something is it?

Tyrones own

Ah give it up Pints and come down from there....I'll go out on a limb to say that secretly
there'd be far more on here that would side with fitz on this one :-\
doesn't make it anymore right but such is life imo
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

fitzroyalty

QuoteYou said you'd prefer he didn't show "femine traits".
Yes, along with IMO most other people. Nothing intolerant there, it's a preference in a hypothetical situation.
QuoteSounds to me that you'd be more concerned that he was interested in something that's girlie or gay (as I'm guessing you deem fashion to be) than just simply something you're not interested in.
I'd prefer he wasn't into anything effeminate. For the record though I'd be just as concerned that he was interested in something effeminate; as I would if it was something I had absolutely no interest in (such as fashion). I would much prefer it to be something in which I could relate to with him. Sport being an obvious one.
QuoteI'm guessing you'd have no problem if it was your daughter that was interested in fashion? I'd also say you'd have no problem if your son was interested in something you weren't if it was something boyish or manly.
So really it's not about you and your son sharing an interest in something is it?
No, he could like trainspotting, that's a male dominated hobby, I'd be devestated.

pintsofguinness

Fitz
QuoteYes, along with IMO most other people. Nothing intolerant there, it's a preference in a hypothetical situation.
What does it matter how many would share your views? That doesn't make them any less ignorant.

I'd prefer he wasn't into anything effeminate. For the record though I'd be just as concerned that he was interested in something effeminate; as I would if it was something I had absolutely no interest in (such as fashion). I would much prefer it to be something in which I could relate to with him. Sport being an obvious one.
That's just sad. 

EagleLord

I started this whole debate with that link.. Alot of talk about it, I think a couple of yous got a bit carried away on your high horses. I wouldnt be happy if my son went on like that. Not one bit. Hes so camp and girly, really wouldnt be comfortable with it.

Tyrones own

Quote from: EagleLord on December 05, 2010, 03:46:54 PM
I started this whole debate with that link.. Alot of talk about it, I think a couple of yous got a bit carried away on your high horses. I wouldnt be happy if my son went on like that. Not one bit. Hes so camp and girly, really wouldnt be comfortable with it.
Could someone let me in on what that means... :-\
  - Walter Lippmann

EagleLord

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 05, 2010, 03:55:09 PM

You serious? Camp means..like..gay, girly and just generally being a fruit!

muppet

Quote from: EagleLord on December 05, 2010, 04:02:34 PM

What does boot camp mean then?
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

That would be your problem, not the kid's.

Tyrones own

Quote from: EagleLord on December 05, 2010, 04:02:34 PM

Very.....never heard that term before.
  - Walter Lippmann

fitzroyalty

Therefore making you intolerant and ignorant.  ::)