You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Sitting through adverts and suddenly remembering when the programme restarts, you're watching it on Sky + playback.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

f**king Dell (insert any large corporation in here). The f**king operating of large companies grinds my gears.

I bought a computer from these fuckwits in april - and it has been shite since I got it. I have called them a number of times for assistance, or to discuss sending the thing back - but the calls get sent to some outsourced hell hole where I can barely understand the English being spoken back to me. It's soul destroying. Low and behold I am out of town and miss a payment on the damn computer and I get a call from someone in an office in Ohio or somesuch place, who you can be damn sure can ask you in perfect English if you want to make a payment over the phone and could you be so kind as to explain to them why you missed the payment!
>:(
So in my finest "hellhole" dialect I say I say I say f**k You Van Wilder Dell inc.!!!

AZOffaly

I work for Dell and I have forwarded this post onto my superiors.

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2010, 06:05:50 PM
I work for Dell and I have forwarded this post onto my superiors.

Well it is 11.37pm there, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything back from them til the elephant blows in the morning.

AZOffaly

I'm going there next week, so I'll let them know how unhappy you are :D

ziggysego

iMacs are the way to go Puck. Microsoft was an unwanted torture in my life.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Puckoon

Well maybe you could answer the phone when you're over there when I call and we could get this squared away?   :)

Alternatively, if you want to use me as a case study for the natives: "How to deal with an angry f-bomb dropping Irishman who isn't happy with the product" - I can give you my number and y'all can give me a call at (from) your (the) convenience (store)?

Seriously though, its not even Dell that is the source of my frustration. It's just typical of the world in 2010 - use the English speakers to get the money off them, and then fecking send them up the walls when they need customer service. That is why when I call any company about anything at all - I press the button for "new customer" - if you press the button for "returning customer" they'll keep you on the line for hours. If they think they can squeeze a few shillings out of you - they will bump you to first in line.

maggie

Puckoon

Does she work for Dell? Do you have a direct line to her?  :D

Just Puck It

The bast*rds across the street putting up their Christmas tree as I type! It's not even 25th November never mind December!  And it's 10:05pm! Sort your life out!

EagleLord

i seen 2 christmas trees up on the 22nd of November!

ross4life

Spend a Xmas in a one of the many countries that don't celebrate christmas then you won't have to look at all that tacky BS
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Treasurer

Quote from: Puckoon on November 23, 2010, 06:01:57 PM
f**king Dell (insert any large corporation in here). The f**king operating of large companies grinds my gears. ......[/s] Dell inc.!!!

I had a problem trying to get a Dell computer delivered, went around in circles for a week or two and was getting nowhere.  I emailed michael.dell@dell.com and had a phone call from the States within a couple of hours, assuring me it would be sorted, followed by a phone call from some Vice President of some department or other, followed by an apologetic call from one of the guys I'd dealt with (felt bad about that) followed by delivery 3 days later.

ziggysego

The abbreviation of Christmas to Xmas!
Testing Accessibility