You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 10:52:14 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 17, 2010, 10:39:06 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 11, 2010, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 11, 2010, 04:13:02 PM
Is it legal to sell products past their 'best before' date?

Shops are allowed to sell food after its 'best before' date has passed. 'best before' dates are concerned with quality rather than safety, so it doesn't mean that the food is dangerous if the 'best before' date has passed. However, if you buy food after the date, remember that it might no longer be at its best.

'Use by' dates are different to 'best before' dates and it is against the law to sell any food that has passed its 'use by' date. Using it after this date could put your health at risk.

In all cases, whether or not the 'best before' date has expired, the law says that food sold must not put people's health at risk and must not be falsely or misleadingly described or presented.

Aye,
   but how are you meant to know that they're past that date stuck in a feckin machine and they weren't at a knock down price either.

Sneaky f**kers..

response from Coca-Cola

XXXX, Reply to us from Coca-Cola Vending Manager
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, let me apologise for any inconvenience caused with regards to the snack vending offering we provide in XXXX.  The recent occurrences of out-of-date stock are unacceptable and due to human error on behalf of our vending staff.  I can assure you that all our staff are trained in the importance of checking for out-of-date stock on every visit and have signed training records to this effect.   

Our vending supervisor is re-briefing all staff on Friday morning as to the importance of this aspect of their job and that any future breeches will result in disciplinary action. I have also arranged for a vending driver to recheck the snack machines tomorrow morning.

Kind Regards

Connor

lies, lies and lies again.

Send another complaint next week and see if you get the same responce. You could be costing someone their job though ;)

That's utter shite, those lads only put into a machine what they are given and these crisps were over 6 weeks out of date, so you'd expect them to load the van every day, not every two months or so.
Institutionalised deceit.

ziggysego

Every Lent, the Diner at work starts selling Cadbury's Creme Eggs  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

When my damn headphones just decide to stop fecking working, so I'm sitting in the library without my tunes, singing to myself like a gobshite all day and it's doing my head in!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ziggysego

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 18, 2010, 05:41:57 PM
When my damn headphones just decide to stop fecking working, so I'm sitting in the library without my tunes, singing to myself like a gobshite all day and it's doing my head in!!

Read a book
Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ziggysego on February 18, 2010, 06:07:45 PM

Read a book

Why are you singing in the library, people who, sing, talk, fidget, kick chairs, click pens in libraries grind my gears.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Celt_Man

Read a book

Working on the computer so can't read a book at the same time but thanks for the valued input  ::)

Celt_Man

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 18, 2010, 06:10:07 PM

Read a book

Why are you singing in the library, people who, sing, talk, fidget, kick chairs, click pens in libraries grind my gears.

Singing in my head Mayo... so I'm only doing my own head in

pintsofguinness

You hardly get much done if you're posting on here and listening to music while you're "working" on the computer   

I never leave the house without my mp3 player - I'd go mad if I had to listen to people
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 18, 2010, 06:15:02 PM
You hardly get much done if you're posting on here and listening to music while you're "working" on the computer   

I never leave the house without my mp3 player - I'd go mad if I had to listen to people

Yes - I hear music tames the savage beast...

What is it these days - Tiffany? ;)

Celt_Man

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 18, 2010, 06:15:02 PM

I get enough done thanking you kindly for asking... making a couple of posts over a ten hour period hardly leaves me with no time to get work done

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 18, 2010, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 18, 2010, 06:10:07 PM

Read a book

Singing in my head Mayo... so I'm only doing my own head in

A sound Celtman, I have the earplugs myself, I need 100% silence.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lurganblue

Knowing your on for one of your best scores ever in MW2 only for the connection to f**k up and it throw you out.

pintsofguinness

when you spend a hour running around in mass effect 2 not knowing what to do and after looking up walkthroughs and youtube you discover the game didn't go on to the part it was suppose to!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Quote from: lurganblue on February 18, 2010, 09:08:54 PM
Knowing your on for one of your best scores ever in MW2 only for the connection to f**k up and it throw you out.

:D :D :D Good enough for ya saan ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AFS

When someone in a TV show gives away the end of a book you're reading. Fcuk you Sawyer!