You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2010, 09:39:33 AM
Oh my good god im freezingggggggggggggggggggggg - hate this cold weather nearly fell about 10 times yesterday.

On another note does anyone know if u should be sent home from work if the heating has packed in  ???
Some electrical fault seems to have wrecked the heating and im that cold i could cry. Dont think can stick this to 5.30 this evening

Theres an actual law - if its below a certain temperature they have to let you go home; check on google there

johnneycool

Quote from: haranguerer on January 06, 2010, 11:10:37 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2010, 09:39:33 AM
Oh my good god im freezingggggggggggggggggggggg - hate this cold weather nearly fell about 10 times yesterday.

On another note does anyone know if u should be sent home from work if the heating has packed in  ???
Some electrical fault seems to have wrecked the heating and im that cold i could cry. Dont think can stick this to 5.30 this evening

Theres an actual law - if its below a certain temperature they have to let you go home; check on google there

I think its 16 degrees centigrade in the north.

speak to any union official they'll know it off the top of their head.

tyrone girl

Yeh was googling there - apparently if ur workign at a desk it has to be above 16, but they have it fixed now anyway - some prob with the trip knockin the boiler of or something i cant understand it, part of me was hopin it wouldnt be fixed but glad it is cos we prob wouldnt have got home anyway.
I was having visions of going home putting on a dressing gown and catching up on all my sky plus  :-\ :'( :'( :'(

ziggysego

So you got Sky + in for the boyfriend then I see.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Zapatista

People arriving over an hour late for work without an apology or explanation.

Two dolls at work decided yesterday that they would walk in this morning. they arrive over an hour late thinking they are great for spending an hour walking in. The knew yesterday they were going to walk yet they intentionally left home only 5mins before starting time. They thought the fact that they walked justified them being late. No attempt to let us know they were late and no apology to their colleagues.

They then claimed it was too cold to stay and should be let home. I took the temp on one girl's desk and it was 15.5. She said that if it's under 16 she should be allowed home. I said I would put could move the probe closer to the heater to get whatever temp i want. She shut up.

That sort of bullshit justification grinds my gears >:( >:(

Puckoon

Doesnt sound like a great workplace environment zap.

People always want that extra inch - when the reality is we should all be fecking lucky to be in work at the minute.

When it was taking us an hour to get to work instead of 10 minutes because of the roads before christmas - we left an hour fecking earlier.

Id never dream of telling my boss that I should be sent home on some technicality, first because its wrong - but secondly, you can guarandamntee that when the next round of layoffs comes around, that kind of attitude wouldnt be forgotten.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on January 07, 2010, 06:49:31 PM
You have your own business Zap?

Naw. The boss didn't make it as he lives on a mountain (he told me lastnight he wouldn't be in) and they thought this was an oppertunity to bluff.

Spot on Puckoon. I'm happy with my work and workplace though.

pintsofguinness

Having to pick cucumber and onions of my sandwich and then my hands smell of onion all day, no matter how many times I wash them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

places who are tight with the chips! Here (scotland, where I live with my wife and 3 kids) is desperate for it, all you get is about 6 chips!! 

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 09, 2010, 03:24:08 PM
places who are tight with the chips! Here (scotland, where I live with my wife and 3 kids) is desperate for it, all you get is about 6 chips!!

Between 5 of you. Who gets the extra one?
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2010, 03:26:24 PM

Between 5 of you. Who gets the extra one?
the dog

ludermor

ziggysego

You've changed your story. Has Jarlath spooked you?  :D
Testing Accessibility