You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leg End

Quote from: Stanley on March 06, 2008, 07:12:56 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2008, 06:40:59 PM
QuoteSo a woman having a baby and going on maternity leave is lazy,

No but it's her choice.

Your arguments and outrageous statements are more and more pathetic.  Let's not kid ourselves here, (parodn the pun) you love to provoke a reaction, this place is the probably the only place anyone has ever responded to you. The underlying issue is you hate kids and parents, why, only you know, you begrudge maternity and paternity leave, you give out about parents who dare avail of allocated parking spaces, (like if they are there why wouldn't they use them) you give out about parents who dare to push their child in a pram in a shopping centre, you advocate physical abuse towards young toddlers, you even slag people who have a baby on board/child on board sticker and you started ranting about breast feeding, and then you ask what issues!!!!!!  I take it you don't work for the RSPCC, although suppose you have an issue with them as well!!!! For a brief period I thought you were taking the piss, now I'm convinced you just a 100% bigot, nothing more nothing less and all your ranting just proves it more and more. 

I am going to have to say that some of pints arguments aren't over the top. Not saying u have to agree with him but :

1 He is not saying maternity leave is wrong but if the mother wants to take 9 months maternity leave then it shouldnt come out of the tax payers money... it should be unpaid leave.. which means they would still be allowed to take it.

2 he never gave out about parents who use the parent/toddler spaces he gave out about the parents who rant and rave to get these and think that they should have the god given right to park the closest to the door when they could be given better use for disabled spaces... i give the example of this woman i know that has kids of a young age that would travel 1.5 mile or so to do her week shopping with the kids and bags and gets by alright... I'm not saying they shouldnt use them once provided but Are they really necessary.

3 The baby on board sticker i didnt see his annoyance couldnt understand it but if it anniys him why let his annoyance annoy you

4. Didnt see the pram argument

5. He wasn't advocating physical abuse... asmack on the back of the hand or on the bum is exactly what some spoilt kids need...when you hear kids squealing and disobeying their parents, be it on a plane in a shop or restaraunt, it is shocking and highly irritating. i wouldnt have got away with it when i was young and i was never physically abused but got a wee smack on the bum from time to time and i knew not to do it again. I think i turned out alright :)
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Stanley

Quote from: Leg End on March 07, 2008, 03:08:03 AM
1 He is not saying maternity leave is wrong but if the mother wants to take 9 months maternity leave then it shouldnt come out of the tax payers money... it should be unpaid leave.. which means they would still be allowed to take it.

Maternity pay isn't full pay for 9 months, it gradually decreases until last 3 months it is nothing, the point is to encourage the mother to go back to work, but the facility is there to allow new mothers and babies to spend some quality time together.  The children are the tax payers of the future why do you think governments all over the world are offering incentives for couples to have kids, they are needed for the future economy, why is it wrong then that mothers get paid for a propotion of their maternity leave. And for the record Pints hate was

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 05, 2008, 05:55:59 PM
maternity leave!

Not pay, so before you try defending him, at least know what you are trying to defend.

pintsofguinness

QuoteMaternity pay isn't full pay for 9 months, it gradually decreases until last 3 months it is nothing, the point is to encourage the mother to go back to work, but the facility is there to allow new mothers and babies to spend some quality time together.  The children are the tax payers of the future why do you think governments all over the world are offering incentives for couples to have kids, they are needed for the future economy, why is it wrong then that mothers get paid for a propotion of their maternity leave.

The government are worried about the tax payers of the future?  Why then do the government sit back and watch as 18 year olds attend university, pay more in tutition fees than ever before and to get into debt of thousands to come out after 3 or 4 years and have difficulty finding a job?

And I would have no issue with someone being allowed to take 6 or 12 month unpaid leave.
The employer has to fork out too if someone takes maternity leave.

Leg, for the pushchair issue I simply asked why parent's insist of wheeling them around places where there are no room for them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

People parking in box junctions
Leave the water bottle in the gym yesterday
The lack of parking at the gym
People on a weights machine for what seems forever lifting 5kg   ::)
Speedio's
Auld lads in speedios
Fat auld lads in speedios
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

Bad punctuation in signs, especially advertisements. I hate it. There was one I noticed in the book about Munster Rugby, and it was this lad from Offaly who is related to Frankie Sheehan. He had a big, white banner with the following emblazoned on it.

"Biffo's on tour - Frankies the man".

Stanley

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 07, 2008, 08:50:32 AM

Leg, for the pushchair issue I simply asked why parent's insist of wheeling them around places where there are no room for them.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3077.1710

Yeah that was all.  ::)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on March 07, 2008, 09:11:05 AM
Speedio's
Auld lads in speedios

Stop wearing them so Gnevin  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Rick O Shea

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 07, 2008, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on March 07, 2008, 09:11:05 AM
Speedio's
Auld lads in speedios

Stop wearing them so Gnevin  :P
I did but apparently naked auld fat lads are worse
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Treasurer

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2008, 11:57:00 AM
Bad punctuation in signs, especially advertisements. I hate it. There was one I noticed in the book about Munster Rugby, and it was this lad from Offaly who is related to Frankie Sheehan. He had a big, white banner with the following emblazoned on it.

"Biffo's on tour - Frankies the man".

I saw a card on sale in a shop once that said "Sorry Your Leaving"   ::)

his holiness nb

Speedios are swimming trunk shaped breakfast cereals  :D

Oh yeah, hi Stanley  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Ask me holy bollix

Stanley

Quote from: his holiness nb on March 07, 2008, 04:35:15 PM
Speedios are swimming trunk shaped breakfast cereals  :D

Oh yeah, hi Stanley  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

::) ::) ::) As I said to Ziggy - you've achieved what!!!!!!

Stanley

ziggysego

Quote from: Stanley on March 07, 2008, 04:39:30 PM
::) ::) ::) As I said to Ziggy - you've achieved what!!!!!!

I could give you a list of all my achievements in life, but I don't you don't really want to know.
Testing Accessibility