Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I think I can sum up every post of Pints in this thread with one word

"You know what really grinds my gears?"

QuoteEverything

pintsofguinness

Quote from: oiddas on January 29, 2008, 07:28:09 PM
Yes that is true and they can also walk away, I'd rather be inconvienced by a mother pushing pass with a pram than read about another Jamie Bulger, I'm also sure the mother isn't intentionally out to cause you misery whilst shopping.

Because every child who's not in a pushchair will be abducted and murdered?

btw welcome back
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

oiddas

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 29, 2008, 07:31:35 PM
Quote from: oiddas on January 29, 2008, 07:28:09 PM
Yes that is true and they can also walk away, I'd rather be inconvienced by a mother pushing pass with a pram than read about another Jamie Bulger, I'm also sure the mother isn't intentionally out to cause you misery whilst shopping.

Because every child who's not in a pushchair will be abducted and murdered?

btw welcome back

No, but maybe a parent feels they can shop safer and with more comfort when they have their child in pram.  Seriously if this board is what you are about and not a wind up, is it any wonder you can't sleep!

pintsofguinness

QuoteNo, but maybe a parent feels they can shop safer and with more comfort when they have their child in pram.

Sure why don't they tie the child up at home, that would be safer. 

Seriously if this board is what you are about and not a wind up, is it any wonder you can't sleep!
Didn't take you long to get back into the personal insults.

oiddas

To tie a child up would be abuse, akin to slapping the poor defensless child, why would anyone want to do that.  You started a thread about not sleeping, how is making reference to it insulting you?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: oiddas on January 29, 2008, 07:52:19 PM
To tie a child up would be abuse, akin to slapping the poor defensless child, why would anyone want to do that.  You started a thread about not sleeping, how is making reference to it insulting you?

Because you've suggested that this board is what I'm about  ::)

btw, what's the difference is tying a child up at home and typing a child up in a pushchair?  Are these people with pushchairs the same people that can't walk their child through a carpark?  Probably have a "baby on board" sign on the car too.

oiddas

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 29, 2008, 08:03:26 PM
Quote from: oiddas on January 29, 2008, 07:52:19 PM

Because you've suggested that this board is what I'm about  ::)

btw, what's the difference is tying a child up at home and typing a child up in a pushchair?  Are these people with pushchairs the same people that can't walk their child through a carpark?  Probably have a "baby on board" sign on the car too.

I can't even begin to comprehend that!  I would think that all are parents doing the best for their kids, bound to be better than slapping the kids and berating the parents.

pintsofguinness

Parents dont need to have most children in pushchairs and you'd think they'd use a wee bit of common sense when they are going to shops they know haven't much space and where pushchairs will be a nuisance (for them and everyone else) but no, they're parents, they're the only people in the world and they don't care about anyone else. 

oiddas

There is an amazing feature to prams, a real break through, its called the storage area underneath, it also has handles; here let me explain.  Mother and 3 year old toddler (lazy wee shite think he'd walk  ::)) go shopping, toddler in pram, mother can shop and put purchases underneath or attach carrier bags to handles, everyone is safe, no hassle, no pressure, 3 year old toddler walks mother has to keep eye on him, no shopping done and very little can be bought as she has to have one hand free for toddler.  Its called common sense, look it up.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThere is an amazing feature to prams, a real break through, its called the storage area underneath, it also has handles; here let me explain.  Mother and 3 year old toddler (lazy wee shite think he'd walk  Roll Eyes) go shopping, toddler  in pram, mother can shop and put purchases underneath or attach carrier bags to handles, everyone is safe, no hassle, no pressure, 3 year old toddler   walks mother has to keep eye on him, no shopping done and very little can be bought as she has to have one hand free for toddler.  Its called common sense, look it up.

What sort of a parent are you or what sort of parents do you know that can't manage a child in a shop without having them tied up to a pram?
But sure I suppose if you don't discipline your child having no control over them is to be expected.

oiddas

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 29, 2008, 08:30:35 PM
QuoteThere is an amazing feature to prams, a real break through, its called the storage area underneath, it also has handles; here let me explain.  Mother and 3 year old toddler (lazy wee shite think he'd walk  Roll Eyes) go shopping, toddler  in pram, mother can shop and put purchases underneath or attach carrier bags to handles, everyone is safe, no hassle, no pressure, 3 year old toddler   walks mother has to keep eye on him, no shopping done and very little can be bought as she has to have one hand free for toddler.  Its called common sense, look it up.

What sort of a parent are you or what sort of parents do you know that can't manage a child in a shop without having them tied up to a pram?
But sure I suppose if you don't discipline your child having no control over them is to be expected.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep but shopping isn't a toddler's favourite past time, shock  :o!  Parenting isn't about choosing appropiate times to be with kids, it's about being with them as much as possible, sometimes shopping is required, best to keep everyone safe whilst you can get on with getting all the necessary bits and pieces, maybe though they should all do their shopping online, though they would have more chance in bumping into you there than in the stores.

pintsofguinness

I just don't understand what the problem is, I've brought my niece and nephews shopping when they were 2 and 3 etc and I never found it necessary to park in parent toddler spaces or tie them up in a shop. 

Maybe you should try disciplining yours.

oiddas

When you say shopping - buying a one pound pic'n'mix doesn't really count.  Btw is that not bizzare that when you had kids, albeit someone else's, you didn't park in allocated spaces, but when you're alone you do, that really is making a point.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: oiddas on January 29, 2008, 08:55:25 PM
When you say shopping - buying a one pound pic'n'mix doesn't really count.  Btw is that not bizzare that when you had kids, albeit someone else's, you didn't park in allocated spaces, but when you're alone you do, that really is making a point.
No I'd park in them if they're available but they aren't always available, kids or not.

I never had any difficultly doing a weeks shoppping with any of them, warn them to stay close to you, let them carry something to make them feel helpful, no problems.  I don't see any need for pushchairs/prams (trollies can be used anyway), or special parking spaces at doors. 

oiddas

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 29, 2008, 09:00:49 PM
Quote from: oiddas on January 29, 2008, 08:55:25 PM
No I'd park in them if they're available but they aren't always available, kids or not.

I never had any difficultly doing a weeks shoppping with any of them, warn them to stay close to you, let them carry something to make them feel helpful, no problems.   I don't see any need for pushchairs/prams (trollies can be used anyway), or special parking spaces at doors. 

So what did your 2 or 3 year old neice and nephew carry, the pic'n'mix?  I persume, though one thread would suggest otherwise, you are a grown man, you could probably carry more than a young mother, those oul boxes of pampers are a bit heavy too!