You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Dunno whether somebody has mentioned him before, but Jim McDonald in Cornation Street does my head in "so he does", with his big broad accent and the way he finishes his sentences "so I do". Glad to see the back of the balax!!  >:(
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

pintsofguinness

I was standing in the chippie this evening (diet starts Monday) and had ordered and all and these two came him, man and a woman about 30, he was wearing gloves and a scarf hanging around his knees. THey head up to the counter chatting away, the girl tried to get their attention by calling them 3 or 4 times  ::)  They eventually copped on they'd have to order something, they ordered curry chip, the girl put it through the till and to their amazement she asked for money.  Out comes both their purses! (I swear he had a woman's purse) to count out the 2p coins - after five minutes they handed it over - the girl then had to count it, they were 15p short and out came the purses again. 
They get the curry chip quickly enough anyway and the two of them sit down with two forks  ::)

That sort of shite grinds my gears.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 03, 2008, 08:11:54 PM
I was standing in the chippie this evening (diet starts Monday) and had ordered and all and these two came him, man and a woman about 30, he was wearing gloves and a scarf hanging around his knees. THey head up to the counter chatting away, the girl tried to get their attention by calling them 3 or 4 times  ::)  They eventually copped on they'd have to order something, they ordered curry chip, the girl put it through the till and to their amazement she asked for money.  Out comes both their purses! (I swear he had a woman's purse) to count out the 2p coins - after five minutes they handed it over - the girl then had to count it, they were 15p short and out came the purses again. 
They get the curry chip quickly enough anyway and the two of them sit down with two forks  ::)

That sort of shite grinds my gears.

What because two people who were a bit skint, chipped (pardon the pun) together for some hot food on a cold evening? 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 03, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
Do you own the shop?

Yeah, why?

What because two people who were a bit skint, chipped (pardon the pun) together for some hot food on a cold evening? 

Trust me, they weren't skint.

The Real Laoislad

I hate it when men put coins in that little pouch in a wallet
Its just wrong to put coins in your wallet IMO it's not a purse ffs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

This wasn't even a wallet with a wee place for coins LL - it was a woman's purse - I even think he's some sort of wee badges on it!

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 03, 2008, 08:17:32 PM

Where do you put it then?
Testing Accessibility

TacadoirArdMhacha

Always good to get the change out of your wallet though. Millions lost to the economy every year through small coins effectively being out of use.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 03, 2008, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 03, 2008, 08:17:32 PM

Where do you put it then?

I usually put all my change in a big Celebrations sweet tin i have then cash it in every year..When im out i just put coins in my pocket and notes in my wallet
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 03, 2008, 08:16:07 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on January 03, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
Do you own the shop?

Yeah, why?

Ah because Pints says, f**k me you weren't even behind them, you had ordered and you still took exception, why cause it annoys you.  So lets be straight anything that you do that annoys anyone else f**k them, anything others do that isn't in Pintsland, they have serious issues, get some sleep man, you need it.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 03, 2008, 08:18:55 PM
This wasn't even a wallet with a wee place for coins LL - it was a woman's purse - I even think he's some sort of wee badges on it!

Somewhere there is a man's code then that he wasn't adhering to is that it?

Snowed Under

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 03, 2008, 08:20:19 PM

Always good to get the change out of your wallet though. Millions lost to the economy every year through small coins effectively being out of use.

And they were probably glad of the change.

pintsofguinness

Ah because Pints says, f**k me you weren't even behind them, you had ordered and you still took exception, why cause it annoys you.  So lets be straight anything that you do that annoys anyone else f**k them, anything others do that isn't in Pintsland, they have serious issues, get some sleep man, you need it.

I can tell the difference between two skint people looking for something to eat and a ponce with a scarf at his knees and a woman's purse.

Nice to have you back stalking me though.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 03, 2008, 08:26:59 PM
Ah because Pints says, f**k me you weren't even behind them, you had ordered and you still took exception, why cause it annoys you.  So lets be straight anything that you do that annoys anyone else f**k them, anything others do that isn't in Pintsland, they have serious issues, get some sleep man, you need it.

I can tell the difference between two skint people looking for something to eat and a ponce with a scarf at his knees and a woman's purse.

Nice to have you back stalking me though.

Who's the Liar, who said he never used the word stalker.

Edit feel free to answer the Halifax scam question.