You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Guy couples would put manners on the brats and keep the house clean, no doubt.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

No wides

Trying to debate with some naunce in another time zone because he abandoned his country of birth but is probably more irish than any of us in his adopted country.!! Bet he has a tricolour in the apartment on the wall.

Far East

Did you not get that hug yet? Hug anyone, it doesn't have to be some woolie leftie liberal or a gay fella! All you gotta do is lift those knuckles off the ground, open your arms and embrace....easy! You'll feel a lot better

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on January 02, 2017, 01:37:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2017, 12:40:58 PM
Waking up and being 45!!!!

Would you rather not have woken up?

Well that's the best way to look at it, but ffs! I can remember our under 14 hurling final like it was yesterday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

No wides

No wides

Quote from: Far East on January 02, 2017, 02:53:36 PM
Did you not get that hug yet? Hug anyone, it doesn't have to be some woolie leftie liberal or a gay fella! All you gotta do is lift those knuckles off the ground, open your arms and embrace....easy! You'll feel a lot better

So, like the Irishman in the US of A you think it is OK to treat children with contempt, good man - hopefully all you continue to hug is your ego.

Orior

I grew up in an era when children were to be seen and not heard. Any answering back to parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles would have been met with a sharp rebuttal and some kind of punishment.

What it taught me was respect for my elders, which was no bad thing at all.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Eamonnca1

Yup. In my day you had to turn the TV off and come to the table for your dinner. You ate what was put in front of you and you had to be respectful. When adults were talking you kept quiet.

Nowadays kids have a screen with them wherever they go and they feel entitled to be entertained every waking second. They feel entitled to be the centre of all attention constantly and they don't have to pick their toys up when they're done with them.

seafoid

Kids still have to eat at a table and be polite.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2017, 01:01:44 PM
What it taught me was respect for my elders, which was no bad thing at all.

Especially as you are in the elder category!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

I ran a 10k race on Thanksgiving and there was a fella running along pushing a pram. The child in the pram had a tablet computer with her. Like running through the streets on such a beautiful morning wasn't entertained enough, she had to have a screen in front of her face the whole time. And don't get me started on the minivans with their DVD entertainment system in the back seat. In my day you made conversation or read a comic or a book or found some way to amuse yourself. We did tally marks to count different makes or models of cars, I'd count different brands of petrol station along the way. Anything to pass a bit of time and make it a bit more interesting.

ziggysego

You are a guest in the family home. Guess what? There's a family there.
Testing Accessibility