You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Fierce craic on the "nerves" thread there and it was locked. Harmless banter between a few posters and it was locked. Lighten up man

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: redzone on December 27, 2015, 08:24:07 PM
Fierce craic on the "nerves" thread there and it was locked. Harmless banter between a few posters and it was locked. Lighten up man

Thought that too,  Itchy being tetchy.  Lighten up a bit!  Open and I will give you a serious input into the whole 'Nerves' discussion.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on December 27, 2015, 08:18:44 PM
If you have a sprained ankle or a cracked rib or temporary projectile vomiting but you don't have a disabled badge, are you justified in using one of these spaces?
The description as disabled spaces isnt entirely correct either. The spaces are generally allocated as part of the Blue Badge Scheme and primarily for people with severe walking impairments. They are not for pregnant women, people with heavy shopping or multiple children. None of these are a genuine disability. It is a criminal offence to use the blue badge illegally but not to park in their spaces without the badge as far as I know. I don't think anyone would take exception to someone parking in these spaces with has a temporary disability like a broken leg etc.

The main issue in NI is that half the place are claiming DLA (I would suspect a huge percentage are swinging the lead) so they will all think they have an entitlement to these spaces.

I found it noticeable that the Sainsbury's in the Kennedy Centre in West Belfast has a huge number of disabled and mother and baby spaces.

redzone

+1.
1 man has the club medals the other has the county medals. Be a shame not to hear more. And learn as well

Tony Baloney

Indiana is the most cringe-making poster on this by a long way.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 27, 2015, 08:36:45 PM
Indiana is the most cringe-making poster on this by a long way.
Great post by BC1 in fairness!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

People that say "there's a great stretch in the evenings". No there's not its dark at f**king five o clock >:(

illdecide

Quote from: Boycey on January 12, 2016, 12:00:33 AM
People that say "there's a great stretch in the evenings". No there's not its dark at f**king five o clock >:(

but there is...it was dark at 4:45 and now it's up to 5:00 ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

No wides

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 27, 2015, 08:33:35 PM
Quote from: Hardy on December 27, 2015, 08:18:44 PM
If you have a sprained ankle or a cracked rib or temporary projectile vomiting but you don't have a disabled badge, are you justified in using one of these spaces?
The description as disabled spaces isnt entirely correct either. The spaces are generally allocated as part of the Blue Badge Scheme and primarily for people with severe walking impairments. They are not for pregnant women, people with heavy shopping or multiple children. None of these are a genuine disability. It is a criminal offence to use the blue badge illegally but not to park in their spaces without the badge as far as I know. I don't think anyone would take exception to someone parking in these spaces with has a temporary disability like a broken leg etc.

The main issue in NI is that half the place are claiming DLA (I would suspect a huge percentage are swinging the lead) so they will all think they have an entitlement to these spaces.

I found it noticeable that the Sainsbury's in the Kennedy Centre in West Belfast has a huge number of disabled and mother and baby spaces.

The new newry swimming pool has seriously over edged the number of disabled spaces, there must be 30 or more.

Puckoon

The feeling of being sold something. Especially from a multi level marketing company through your friend's wife. "Just try these free samples"...

Orior

The vacuum cleaner power cable getting stuck under doors as I leave a room.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fearsiuil

Eamonnca1

When you're sitting on the toilet and the man in the cubicle next door has his foot protruding nearly into your space.

Windmill abu

QuoteWhen you're sitting on the toilet and the man in the cubicle next door has his foot protruding nearly into your space.

Especially if he has a mirror taped to the top of his shoe.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Asal Mor

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 21, 2016, 10:27:16 PM
QuoteWhen you're sitting on the toilet and the man in the cubicle next door has his foot protruding nearly into your space.

Especially if he has a mirror taped to the top of his shoe.
;D