You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

1 People eating breakfast cereal in the mornings at their desks in work

2 DVDs freezing

3 UPC plus for some reason "forgetting" to record one episode in a series. Borgen 3 now ruined thank you very much.

4 An oldie I know but people faffing about looking for their boarding card/ passport at the airport when going through security after queueing for ages.

CD

Quote from: Canalman on November 28, 2013, 09:40:38 AM

2 DVDs freezing

3 UPC plus for some reason "forgetting" to record one episode in a series. Borgen 3 now ruined thank you very much.

4 An oldie I know but people faffing about looking for their boarding card/ passport at the airport when going through security after queueing for ages.

I pass a girl in a silver polo eating hers behind the wheel a couple of mornings a week! Honest injun!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Canalman on November 28, 2013, 09:40:38 AM

2 DVDs freezing

http://board.dailyflix.net/index.php?/topic/40799-borgen-2010%E2%80%93/
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

cornerback

Dinny Breen

Leinster Rugby Administrators and Barristers, wankers the lot of them
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Why, what now? And do you mean Leinster Rugby Barristers, or Barristers in general?

If it's related to development squad issues, it's not just Leinster Rugby Admins :)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2014, 09:35:40 AM
Why, what now? And do you mean Leinster Rugby Barristers, or Barristers in general?

If it's related to development squad issues, it's not just Leinster Rugby Admins :)

Junior Club issue where 3 Barristers representing Leinster Rugby across 2 hearings ruled on a administrative error and penalised a club with a points deduction and kicked them out of the Towns Cup all while failing to acknowledge their own role in the mess. Unprecedented and frankly a disgrace!
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

They caused the issue, or had a hand in it at least, and then penalised the club because of it?

deiseach

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 05, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
Junior Club issue where 3 Barristers representing Leinster Rugby across 2 hearings ruled on a administrative error and penalised a club with a points deduction and kicked them out of the Towns Cup all while failing to acknowledge their own role in the mess. Unprecedented and frankly a disgrace!

This can't be right. That kind of crap only happens in the GAA (which is why we are a laughing stock etc)

Billys Boots

Quote from: deiseach on March 05, 2014, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 05, 2014, 10:10:24 AM

This can't be right. That kind of crap only happens in the GAA (which is why we are a laughing stock etc)

Nope, it happens in association football too let me assure you.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I presume this is what you're talking about Dinny. From Midland's Radio. And it's your own fault. Seanie Johnston shouldn't have been playing scrum half for ye.

QuoteCill Dara statement

There was mixed news from tonight's appeal to last week's Leinster Rugby Competitions Committee ruling and 12 point deduction.

On appeal, the Competitions Committee reduced the severity of the punishment listed in last week's ruling on a player transfer irregularity and halved the 12 point deduction to a deduction of 6 points. This means that Cill Dara now sit in 7th place in the league, two points ahead of the bottom cub, Tullow. A win at home to the league champions, Wanderers FC, this Sunday will, at the very least, place Cill Dara in a relegation play-off with Monkstown FC.

However, tonight also brought news of a new and separate objection by Roscrea RFC to their defeat by Cill Dara in the Provincial Towns Cup. Based on the fact that the player subject of the transfer administration error had participated in that Cill Dara cup victory, Roscrea objected to the result of the game. Their objection was upheld and Cill Dara were disqualified from the Towns Cup. Roscrea will now take Cill Dara's place in the 2nd round and travel to play Midland Warriors on Sunday March 16th.

The entire club, in particular the players and mentors of the senior squad, are devastated at the news of the cup disqualification. The focus now turns to the final match in the league and probably the biggest game in Cill Dara's history.

As a club, Cill Dara remains united and stronger as a result of the events of the last few days.

Dinny Breen

That would be it, they should appeal to the DRA.
The decision hinges on the committee's interpretation that the player was illegal. Our view is that the player signed a transfer form, the player wanted to play for Cill Dara RFC and that in an email his previous club confirmed they had no issue with transferring him to Cill Dara. We also received an email from Leinster Rugby confirming the transfer; nobody had any reason to question the validity of the transfer. If anything this case has shown that the transfer process is somewhat flawed and we have paid the ultimate penalty.

So last night we were like Michael Collins returning from Downing Street after the treaty. We had done our best and in mitigation had gotten the 12 point's reduced to 6 point's. But we knew people would see this as a hollow victory. But an improvement it is, our destiny is now in our own hands, we go in to next Sunday knowing a victory will mean we retain our division 1A status.

Other clubs will have to look at their role in this whole debacle, but that is outside of our control. I would also like to thank the many clubs who have been on to offer their support; it restores faith in the greater rugby community.
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

I'm not that happy about Superquinn changing to Super Valu. It's gone downmarket imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Kelloggs!

They've a yoke called "Special K Porridge", with the top corner emblazoned with "30% LESS FAT than regular porridge"

Regular porridge has 100% oats as ingredients. The Special K porridge has 88% oats/barley and the rest sugar and other unpronouceable stuff.

Saturated fat (per 100g) is 1.2g in regular porridge. With Special K its down to 0.9g - negligible difference, but enough to give them their 30% reduction as advertised!

Sugar content in regular porridge is 1.5g. With Special K its 14g. Nearly 10 times more!

Bashtids.

A pity Flahavans or the like wouldnt have the balls to advertise their porridge as "89% less sugar than Special K porridge"

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on April 14, 2014, 02:55:53 PM
Kelloggs!

They've a yoke called "Special K Porridge", with the top corner emblazoned with "30% LESS FAT than regular porridge"

Regular porridge has 100% oats as ingredients. The Special K porridge has 88% oats/barley and the rest sugar and other unpronouceable stuff.

Saturated fat (per 100g) is 1.2g in regular porridge. With Special K its down to 0.9g - negligible difference, but enough to give them their 30% reduction as advertised!

Sugar content in regular porridge is 1.5g. With Special K its 14g. Nearly 10 times more!

Bashtids.

A pity Flahavans or the like wouldnt have the balls to advertise their porridge as "89% less sugar than Special K porridge"
I bet the corn in cornflakes is GM as well
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU